PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 West Bromwich Albion

Post-match discussion

Sun, 15 April 2018

cyberman

Lucky the title was over by February. Imagine losing the title because of this defeat.

Players were not up for it at all. Just did not want to be out there.

Should not have started with a three man midfield. Jesus christ we were playing the bottom club in the league, not Barcelona or Bayern. terrible terrible performance. Juan Mata in the first half kept on passing either backwards or sidewards.
I think the intention was to keep the shape for the Spura game. I'd be surprised if West Brom were even mentioned during training last week

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Oh well, at least we didn't let City win the league against us at their place. We'll just hand it to them at home against the almost certainly relegated side at the bottom of the league. That really was pathetic, really poor all over the park. I was getting positive vibes after the comback last week, only to be left fuming after that today.

James Peril

These results happen over the years. Just normally you have a few more chances than we did.

But let's not go too heavy, West Brom had one chance, and got it. We had 3 or 4 Lukaku chances and didn't score, and didn't get that early pen.

It happens. We move on
WBA had a clean shot on goal in the first half, as well as that corner where they almost did exactly the same as when they scored. We had one Lukaku-chance in each half, we know this useless elephant need many chances to score.

Our production in this game was atrocious, utterly embarrassing.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Smart game by United to make City's title win feel as anti climatic as possible
That's it. Now you understand the master plan. :lol:
There are some gems today.

Weirdly, I am not angry about this loss.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Nice to see the people who were actually on the pitch being half arsed are getting a pass from some. For me that's on the players, we should have been way too good for that fodder we faced today.
Not really the first time it’s happened is it? All these players who were brilliant under other managers looking completely lost in a United shirt. Jose’s fault.

Konimey

Are you fecking kidding me? Losing to a virtually relegated team at OT, are you fecking kidding me? If this is the direction that United intents to go in the future, then Jose can feck off. Otherwise United will go the loserpool way.

BigdaftGorby

The amount of people coming out with..
“Win against City away, lose to bottom of the league at home”

Saying it like we destroyed City.

We should of been 5 down minimum at City.

Same old shit over and over regardless of the the results.

nesty

Sadly performances like this are the story of our season.

We just don't play consistently enough. Pogba, Martial, Alexis, Rashford, Lingard. All of them can look great on the day and then other days play absolutely gash.

The worrying thing is, we could spend another 100m and I don't think the way the team plays will change.

Irrational.

Disgusting performance. Absolutely shambolic. Managerless, bottom of the fecking league WBA manage to get a win at Old Trafford against our strongest XI.

This was a performance on Sevilla levels, and we'd have more of them had we not been bailed out by a couple of moments of magic.

I'm used to seeing a more adventurous United, but sadly this team has zero attacking nous.

I feel sick handing those blue cnuts the league like that. It sickens me seeing the football played by City and Liverpool and how they manage to put teams to the sword, especially Liverpool with an inferior squad.

We don't have any leaders in this team. We are a gutless, spineless abomination of a team, managed by a burnt-out manager who has lost his spark, flair and hunger.

Big, big changes required next season if we are to even think about challenging for any honours.

Will be glad to see WBA relegated, their one good performance this season - but we gave them the platform to put in that kind of performance. Fecking shitehawks.

Over and out.

Mcking

It has to be noted that we had all the team's attackers on the pitch and still didn't look like scoring.

Judas

Open to offers
I can't believe this far into the season we still don't look like a team. In these sort of matches I go in fearing the worst, and it should be the exact opposite.

Dosse

Terrible match. But im glad we lost today and not in our next FA cup match. People wanting Mourinho gone are funny though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dominos

We're really, really bad.

I have to laugh at anyone who claims we were defensive though. We're just shit. Just because you can't create any chances doesn't mean you're playing defensively, it means you're inept.

We lack any sort of cohesion, urgency, intelligence and creativity in attack. Have done all season, have done for years.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Bye bye Martial. Don't let the door hit you on your way out. No heart, no urgency, nothing from him.

No attacking patterns, no unity, it can't all be on the players.
What the f are you on about? He was far from the worst.

Romez

Enjoy the championship you game raising cuxts. If I was a West Bromwich fan I'd be pissed off that my team has been so pathetic all season and then wins at Old Trafford.

As a United fan I'm pissed off because that shite again. So slow and pathetic.
I don’t get when people say this, it’s not like they outplayed us.

It was our shit play that gave them the impetus to attack and their confidence grew as the match went on, just like Sevilla.

We barely created any chances as a result of our poor slow play not as a result of West Brom playing amazingly.

I fully blame Mourinho, it’s not as if this is the first time this has happened. We play so slowly, sit deep and stand off of the opposition. Atrocious football with no attacking patterns or fluidity.

Gopher Brown

For feck's sake, where was the pride for the jersey from our players? It's games like this I question the mentality of the whole side - a bit too comfortable being mediocre at times.

Can you imagine how many footballers those 14 players have beaten to get to the position they are now? How many footballers would dream of playing just 1 min at OT?

Send the whole squad out to do some training sessions with the local U-12s sides this week!

Heinzesight

Oh well, at least we didn't let City win the league against us at their place. We'll just hand it to them at home against the almost certainly relegated side at the bottom of the league. That really was pathetic, really poor all over the park. I was getting positive vibes after the comback last week, only to be left fuming after that today.
Totally agree with this. What a bag of wank.

TRD

If it was possible, I would have given zero to every player. No one should any desire to play. Just kept sideways passing or long balls towards Lukaku. Its a shame to get defeated at home by bottom team who have just won 3 games before that. And whats more embrassing is handling the title to city.

Hoof the ball

When a team defends deep and packs pitch it is unforgivable to utilise abundantly creative players in a manner that reflects the footballing identity of a Championship team; namely, crossing the ball ad-infinitum.

Crossing is a powerful tool, however, it is not a formula to be relied on at the expense of attacking movement, short passing and deep runs.

King Eric 7

Player ratings are quite savage. No outfield players got above a 4 LOL
Did not expect such a shockingly bad performance today. This team is really weird - you just never know when a shocking performance is coming, but we've had a fair few over what has otherwise been a satisfactory season (points wise in the league, that is).

Esquire

Enjoy the championship you game raising cuxts. If I was a West Bromwich fan I'd be pissed off that my team has been so pathetic all season and then wins at Old Trafford.

As a United fan I'm pissed off because that shite again. So slow and pathetic.
Of course it was WBA playing a doggedly good game but that, as you say, does not excuse the excruciatingly slow way we pass the ball. Pogba is stil the showboat making mostly wrong decisions. Matic is not a good passer, at all. Herrera for all his dynamism and energy, is not creative enough. Shows it the way we pass from transition to the final third.

Dobba

Why on earth are individual players being picked out? Every single one of them was utter shit. The subs did absolutely feck all and the manager had no answers. The only person associated with United within touching distance of the pitch to do their job was the tannoy announcer.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Jose's past it. He will probably get 2nd/3rd and stay next season though, so I guess we're stuck with this shit for a while yet.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
A group of players don't play like this when they are managed well. Fergie must be seething.

Decomposing In Paris

Mourinhio has lost half this team , why pick on pogba why take him off , hope he was injured otherwise it's more of Jose's bullying singling players out but letting other shite players , Sanchez, lukaku , play through their bad form.
Genuine question where the hell do we start putting this right
Jose often subs off players that are on a booking... he wasn't playing well, and we should have had enough without him. Ferguson used to make subs all the time without these kinds of character assassinations.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Ok this is a genuine question. Why is it that we are sh#t against sh#t teams and good against good teams? It's not a coincidence. is it because we can't break through the bus?

madzo2007

I know Jose will probably blame the ref for the lack of the penalty but he should go in on the players.... again. It looked like they were thinking of the Spurs game and the West Brom game was in the bag, no urgency no desire, just not arsed at all.

Ban

I like the guys calling Jose to get the sack. Kneejerk festival around here.

Simple Red

A performance so typical of this season. Clueless and passionless against a team we were expected to demolish. How does Alexis Sanchez justify staying on after a performance like that. Is this manager the man we want at the helm to carry us us forward next season. I don't think so.

James Peril

Ive seen some shite in my time and this was up there with them. Personally I wouldn't pay the lazy feckers this week. That game was up there with the late 80s rubbish.
This is the worst home game I can remember. There was also this Sunderland-game a few years ago which was equally bad. Draw or loss, doesn’t matter - we looked incredibly uninterested, showed no energy or determination. Have to wonder why this happened? Taking off Pogba and fielding a midfield of Matic and Mata? Incredibly poor tactics

It's B Rubble

Love it. United hate City that much that we let them win the (already theirs) Premier League trophy on a Sunday night at 6 onclock so they can’t properly celebrate. Mourinho you mastermind, getting one over on Pep again.
Love this sort of optimism. Im going to just think this and not think about how piss poor we were.

Joseunited

Still 6 more games to sit through, I don't know if we can get any lower than that but I have a sneaky feeling we will.I have to ask how many of these players (a) want to play for the manager and (b)really know what it means to be a Man United player?

This could be the worst season ever, City win the League and Liverpool win the Champions League.

R'hllor

"Why dont you ask me why Lukaku and Matic are always playing" or some bullshit like that, actually you can insert many names instead of Lukaku and Matic in that quote, why indeed :lol:

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
It was a rather predictable result. A team that has absolutely nothing to play for, and has an FA Cup semi-final coming up, played without any motivation. Pretty much the same as the Arsenal game, except they have a different semi-final ahead of them.

Djemba-Djemba

Story of Utd post Fergie.

We follow up any great win or great performance by embarrassing ourselves. In the last month alone we've beaten Liverpool then next game been pathetically knocked out of Europe by Sevilla.

And now we come from 2-0 down to beat City and follow it up by losing to bottom of the league West Brom.

We're so complacent.

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 327 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Brom win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 38% Man Utd 3:0 West Brom