PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 West Bromwich Albion

Post-match discussion

Sun, 15 April 2018

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
These results happen over the years. Just normally you have a few more chances than we did.

But let's not go too heavy, West Brom had one chance, and got it. We had 3 or 4 Lukaku chances and didn't score, and didn't get that early pen.

It happens. We move on

nokoya

I've said this before and not ashamed to say it again, Mourinho needs to be sacked.

If you continue to fail to inspire the players and fail miserably tactically then there is no option to look for a new manager.
Absolutely agree.

Yes, his tactics sometimes works. But his man management is absolutely awful and that's why players don't buys for him.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Typical us, winning at Etihad and then losing at home to bottom of league. No momentum after a great win, I still don't think we will go any further that that under Jose. It is what it is, could be worse but it's not really great either and at some point the typical meltdown will come.

Siorac

On to the FA Cup.

I can't recall one thing Sanchez did. Lingard did well with his runs. Foster obviously turns into Schmichael against us. Diabolical marking on their goal.
Foster had one good save. We barely made him work.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Win away to top of the league then lose at home to bottom a week later. Surely a first in PL history?

Delano

An absolute shit show. A complete lack of shape, ideas and effort. Embarrassing.

pseudo_canadian

Every single player should voluntarily forfeit their wages for the month. Mourinho too.

Just a fecking abhorrent effort out there today.

Red_toad

Hopefully Jose resigns by the end of the year.
Nice to see the people who were actually on the pitch being half arsed are getting a pass from some. For me that's on the players, we should have been way too good for that fodder we faced today.

minoo-utd

Can't blame who wants Jose out. The problem remains that we just can't change managers every 2 years.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
That was atrocious probably one of the worst performances I have sat through in over 25 years of watching them. Completely clueless.

That said we need to stick by the manager and hope for better next season. He’s steadied the ship now he needs to push us to the next level.

alsabi

We can quiet easily finish 4th and have to play a CL play off match....feck that right off. Anything other than second from here on out will be a massive failure.
4th place now gets direct qualification for the group stage same as the others, I think. Still would be a huge fall from grace.

Morpheus 7

Embarrassing way to give anyone the title. No urgency, no shape, no width and lack of desire. Beating city away to deny them the title, then letting a virtually relegated managerless team beat you at home. Big questions will rightly be asked after this.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
The 2nd half last week redeemed Mourinho and his tactics. This game has made me for the first time truly question whether Mourinho is the right man to take the club forward. His tactics are drab and the players don't look motivated half of the time which is a worry.

Kostov

I said it in the match day thread, it is so fecking impersonating of this team full of spineless bottlers to gift our rivals the title losing against the last team in the league. Pathetic, from top to bottom, and that includes the manager of course.

Esquire

Mourinho said that he was doing motivational sessions.. If that type of performance was the conséquence of these special sessions, he may as well stop coaching.
Good point. He mentioned this specifically. This means two things. One he knew what was coming, tried to motivate his team, obviously didn’t work cause the whole team was wank. Second, the mentality of some of these players just can’t be corrected.

El Zoido

I just don’t understand how we drift through games like this. It’s pathetic.

I know Liverpool have drawn and lost to WBA this season, but you watch them against Stoke and they blow them away with fantastic attacking football. We’re just shite, boring shite, almost unwatchable.

Hey Ed, you want to know why Man Utd is the biggest brand in world sport. It’s because of Giggs, Rooney, Ronaldo, Scholes, devastating the opposition week in, week out, with relentless attacking, exciting football that virtually no team could handle. What we see now is just crap, this club can not and should not accept this kind of performance more more than once per season, yet it’s happened too many times.

I don’t know how to discuss this team anymore, I’m just sick of it. Absolute fecking shite, week after week.

Thiim

How shit are these players? Mentally weak as feck and lacking ability. The premier league has been a joke this year given that we are second.

Players getting off the pitch after the whistle was the fastest I've seen them attack an open space with any sort of cohesiveness all afternoon.

liamp

Not sure how poorly Alexis has to play to be taken off.

.Phil1968

Ive seen some shite in my time and this was up there with them. Personally I wouldn't pay the lazy feckers this week. That game was up there with the late 80s rubbish.

cyberman

We can quiet easily finish 4th and have to play a CL play off match....feck that right off. Anything other than second from here on out will be a massive failure.
Nope, no qualifiers.
The only thing left is bragging rights that's forgotten about a day after the last game.
Were still a game in hand away from 4 points clear in second. The season is dead. A zombie corpse of a run in.

AshRK

Sad sad day but of course these pathetic players will get paid so hurray for that. Mata was shit and as much as I like you, please donate whole match fee to the charity. You were disgraceful

SqueakyWeasel

Sorry but I do not want to see us sell all these players to see them succeed under a less authoritarian manager that has a proper coaching team.

I do not know what the answer is but we need someone with links to the club to instill in these overpaid social media queens what a privilege it is to grace the OT turf. Perhaps with some proven coaches like Rene Mulenstein and some input from SAF it might just work.

To everyone that is going to argue that “we’re second shut up” we will probably end up third after that. The GD rarely lies come the end of the season

Full bodied red

Jeeez....

I'll be glad to see the back of Brunt and McLean for a few years.

Seems every season WBA turn up at OT and turn it into the worst match of the season.

Enjoy The Championship !!!!

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Smart game by United to make City's title win feel as anti climatic as possible

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Why could we not have given WBA a 2 goal head-start, going into half time?

Son Of Sam

That made me angry. What a disgusting performance, we don't know how to attack with Jose. Sir Alex must be proud.

Martial, Mata & Matic should just be eased out. I have had enough of their lackadaisical attitude. Mata was bullied throughout. His vision is shit, forcing passes through crowded space.

Matic could have headed that corner out of play with the pressure he was on but he instead assisted the goal. There’s no winning mentality in these lots. They build a winning run & they lose it to the worst team in the league.

What a shit show!!!

freddie the red

Utterly disgraceful. Win away to the best team and then lose at home to the worst. Only Albion's 2nd win in 32 PL matches and it had to be at OT which tells its own story.
The players should hang their heads in shame and plenty should be gone in the summer. Others, including the preening, prancing Pogba, should think long and hard about their futures here.
A disgusting display which hands City the title after we denied them last week.
Mourinho needs to have a look at himself as well.

JohnnyKills

Let's not overreact. We knew City were going to win the league and we're still getting CL. It was our cup final last week and today was always going to be a comedown.

But there are still massive problems. We lack the visionary player to unlock packed defences and there seems to be no coherent attacking plan. The body language of Pogba and Martial is awful at times and it's easy to see why people claim there are players unhappy with the manager.

Reckon we give JM one more year, then look elsewhere. Given the resources we have, the football we play is dire.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Team has no bottle. Mata was horrendous, poor on the ball, Matic being your player who is responsible for the ball is unacceptable, Sanchez is busy but incredibley unthreatening, Lukaku barely makes a run in behind, just backs into defenders, Martial couldn't be any less productive, guy will not run in behind because he wants to skin a defender, except he can't skin any defenders.

The team is so disjointed it's unreal.

Roboc7

Awful, lop sided and one paced, mata, Valencia and Young offer nothing. There is zero chance of bridging gap to city next season if we keep persisting with those three as regular starters. There is no width or balance because they just pass ball inside.

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 327 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Brom win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 38% Man Utd 3:0 West Brom
  • 21% Man Utd 4:0 West Brom