PL W FA Premier League

West Ham United 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 02 January 2017

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rashford the game changer, fair play to him. Not arsed about the decisions as we've had more than enough go against us recently. A proper grind that but we're doing all we can do.

kps88

Got lucky with the red card and offside goal. Makes up for when they got lucky at OT.

rpitchfo

Such an important 3 points. Good to rashford running at defenders again.

Other than that we were terrible and got handed the game by the ref.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Great win. Uninspiring football for the most part from a knackered bunch of players, then good substitutions change the game for us. We also benefitted from dire officiating, Mike Dean needs to be demoted after that horror show.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
Happy to beat that shower under some poor decisions by the ref.

Should have punished them with the extra man but I guess the players were a bit tired from saturday. Its 3 points in the right direction.

Jose's subs were spot on again.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Good result in a hard week. Don't think that it was a red but I felt that West Ham only got better after the sending off.
Obligatory offside goal :drool:

Rashford changed the game but De Gea is my MotM, incredible again.

Jose went with an unorthodox formation second time in a row and it paid off, love it.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
that was a very Chelsea-esqe mourinho type win.

Didn't play well but Another fairly comfortable 3 points in the bag so can't complain.

Munkehboi

Boring but professional. West Ham parked the bus in the first half after the sending off which seemed to throw us off our game completely. Rashford changed the game though, well played lad. Another clean sheet, mostly thanks to DDG and 2 points gained on Liverpoo and hopefully Spurs.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Shite performance but I don't mind, those need to happen. Very happy with 3 points, very lucky (this time) with Dean being fecking inept.

DevilRed

Great win on the road against a bloody tough opponent.

The red was a correct decision from Mike Dean. Good to see us finally get some decisions our way. It all evens out.

Not the best performance but understandable as it was away from home and we had just played 2 days ago. Some of the players like Ibra, Pogba and Herrera need a break. Hopefully they will be rested for the cup tie.

Solid defending today from Jones and Rojo. De Gea with a gamewinning save.

Such an important 3 points despite playing poorly. We are on an undefeated streak that hasnt been matched since the days of Fergie. Let that sink in!

TsuWave

Good that we are able to win even when its ugly. The team is understandably tired because this holiday period is crazy.

Mourinho was very astute today with his subs. Rashford changed it for us and Mata is incredibly productive and decisive. The Smalling sub was the right one as we were playing with Carrick at CB when we were chasing the goal but that wasn't viable for the remainder of the game, especially because west ham had already broken through a few times. De Gea with crucial saves. Good stuff.

We made it through with maximum points and made up some ground. Happy days.

Mike Dean spoiled that game for everyone except us. We'll gladly take it though after all those games where nothing went our way earlier in the season. We were due some good fortune.

This could have been a banana skin for us today until Rashford gave us some inspiration. Keep the winning run going.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Championship winning performance, held in there, positive changes made.

I think Mourinho is starting to find his best XI and I do think in a different season without the bad luck at the start United would be up there with Chelsea.

Ban

Scrappy but I'll take it. We cant play nice all the timw but its important to win this kind of ugly games. Some bad ref decisions in our favour tbh.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Man Utd are now 13 games unbeaten in all comps; their longest run since March 2013 under Sir Alex Ferguson (18 games).
:drool:

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Most enjoyable win of the season.

Injustuce everywhere.
Terrible ref.
Awful linesman.
Playing vs 10 men.
We weren't great.
Counter goal after a clear chance missed.
Finished off with an offside goal.

All featured as we beat that scummy club. I hope the misery they faced tonight continues through 2017.

worcesterred

Delighted with the win of course but that was a very dull performance. So slow at times.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Championship winning performance, held in there, positive changes made.

I think Mourinho is starting to find his best XI and I do think in a different season without the back luck at the start United would be up there with Chelsea.
:eek: I hope not

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Nice win. The subs changed the game again. Inspired substitutions by Jose.

AR87

They looked exhausted and I doubt we get the 3 points if the match was played at even strength. That being said we got some fresh legs on in the 2nd half and it's no surprise Rashford and Mata combined to create the goal. Rest up and get ready for Reading.

Oneunited26

We played with 2 weak links in both games, fellaini vs boro, lingard vs west ham, frustrating we are still 6th. It shows we have some very good weapons to bring on to change a game, has showed here, and none of without zlaten BS we be in trouble

waza7111

Credit to West Ham who defended brilliantly with 10 men but the substitutions made the difference. If Valencia had scored the open goal it would probably have been an easier game.

December_16

Well they are the talking points...if it was the other way around...well it's not hard to imagine.
For sure. Problem is, if history is anything to go by, we're gonna get fecked by the refs for the next 10 games because Dean made those controversial calls in our favor this time. Not saying there's any conspiracy against us or things of that nature, but overcompensation is a thing and it's annoying.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Most enjoyable win of the season.

Injustuce everywhere.
Terrible ref.
Awful linesman.
Playing vs 10 men.
We weren't great.
Counter goal after a clear chance missed.
Finished off with an offside goal.

All featured as we beat that scummy club.
So very satisfying then

AndyJ1985

We won but I don't think we played particularly well. In fact I think we were very poor for large parts of that match, even though we had a man advantage. Rashford changed the match for us.

But playing 2 games in 3 days means you just want any win no matter how scrappy. Once the team is rested we should see the football improve again.

6 wins a row and we've got ourselves right back in the mix for top 4.

Devil may care

Ugly game, ugly atmosphere and tired players across both teams, under those circumstances all I care about is those crucial 3 points.

clarkydaz

what a depressingly shit stadium to play football in. Go back to the bowling ground, or whatever you decided to rename it. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
During Xmas fixture congestion, a win is a win. Especially away. Naff performance and a fairly awful spectacle but I don't care. 6 on the bounce. Mostly very good performances. Solid.

Red_toad

Tired performance. Is that 6 league wins on the bounce now? Nice to see Rashers getting back some form.

Match day thread absolutely terrible today, no different to when we were desperate for a win, I do wonder what joy some fans get out of football.

Ban

Dire, for the most part, and very lucky with the refereeing. But nobody will care about that at the end of the season.

Most importantly, we've got yet another win. Would be great if the fecking teams above us would start dropping some points.
Scousers did today.

Sp00ks11

Brilliant by Mourinho today, bringing Mata and Rashford on was spot on! Still makes me laugh how many people were desperate for us to get rid of Mata just because he doesn't defend well, he is a little maestro not a defender and he scores alot of valuable goals from midfield!

Thought Herrera looked tierd today but the team almost picks itself now. Where does Rooney play when he is back?

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 603 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% West Ham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 17% West Ham 0:2 Man Utd