PL W FA Premier League

West Ham United 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 02 January 2017

Ban

Bilic.
Can't see his ugly mug without thinking back to his disgraceful cheating that denied Blanc a World cup final appearance
It was a deserved red card nevertheless. Strange people keep bringing that out.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It was a deserved red card nevertheless. Strange people keep bringing that out.
He shoved him away, gently touching his chin at best, while Bilic went down clutching the top of his face as if piledrived by Tyson.
I don't think many think that was a "deserved" red card.

Shardal

For me the red was harsh, but something that can be given and not some grand travesty. Also it caused dean to go soft on WHU players for the rest of the game. IMO Kuyate should have seen red for his flying 2 footed tackle. Zlatan was offside, but you get some you lose some. Even if 2 wrongs doesn't make 1 right.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
We need Mike Dean as a MOTM option.

Ban

He shoved him away, gently touching his chin at best, while Bilic went down clutching the top of his face as if piledrived by Tyson.
I don't think many think that was a "deserved" red card.
Hand to the face is a red, was in 1998 and still is.

Xoxo Gossip boy

It does seem like no matter what we do, we still end up 6th. I know we've been gaining ground on the others but, it seems to be happening at slow pace.

Really happy with the 3 points. I expected the lacklustre performance tho, due to the games coming thick and fast.

Once again, Mourinho's substitutions totally changed the outcome of the match for the second game running. Fantastic display from Rashford Pogba and Mata

Bring on Liverpool.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wouldn't have been if matey hadn't gone down like that.

Do you think the Turkish player was deservedly sent off when Rivaldo clutched his face? After being hit in the ankle?
After all, he had kicked the ball at fair pace over there.

Ban

Wouldn't have been if matey hadn't gone down like that.

Do you think the Turkish player was deservedly sent off when Rivaldo clutched his face? After being hit in the ankle?
After all, he had kicked the ball at fair pace over there.
Not really a good comparison.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The sending off shifted the odds in our favour. Would have been a tough scrap without that. Good win all the same.

foolsgold

Worst performance since the Chelsea thrashing, to be expected given the short turn around.

Great to get the three points, onwards we go.

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
Also this can't be said enough, but to have a perfect run throughout the busy december/early january period is brilliant. The Everton draw is the only draw in january which was December 2nd (West ham win in the cup was Nov 30th). 2 cup games at Old Trafford that should be comfortable wins and put us in a final and the next round of the FA Cup and then Liverpool at Old Trafford in the next 2 weeks, extending our run to 10 in a row would be incredible for our season. Unlikely though, reckon the liverpool game will be a draw
O know it's a 'typo' but this made me laugh :lol:

togg

It does seem like no matter what we do, we still end up 6th. I know we've been gaining ground on the others but, it seems to be happening at slow pace.

Really happy with the 3 points. I expected the lacklustre performance tho, due to the games coming thick and fast.

Once again, Mourinho's substitutions totally changed the outcome of the match for the second game running. Fantastic display from Rashford Pogba and Mata

Bring on Liverpool.
Well, we did have a lot of ground to make up plus rely on the teams above to drop points. They haven't dropped as many as we would have liked considering how well we have done but we have made up some ground, we're closer. We just have to keep winning to get really into the mix - any defeat or even a draw is going put a real spanner in the works.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Just on the train back. Will take the result but thought we were pretty poor.

What a truly awful stadium. Worst I've ever been to. Just not good for football.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Bilic has gone senile since they have turned to shit. Last season his interviews were great and very interesting, now it is just depression.
Billic does look like a man in deep depression - grey hair, looks extremely miserable - and not the sort of guy you want to have around your place, if you want to feel good about life.
If management is adversely effecting his life, health and persona, maybe he should take a year out.

witchtrials

Arguably a deserved red for Blanc since you can't hit people in the face - softly or otherwise - but should have been a yellow to Bilic too for simulating a totally different foul to the one that had taken place.

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
Mason didn't have that much influence on the game mate- we won, move on!
Tbh, if Mason didn't screw us over we would win Boro match handily and would sub some of our tired players to save them for West Ham. Instead of that we had to run our socks off till the very end which made us look pretty flat today. We got 2 wins but his feckery could have cost us both matches in extension just as like.

Acole9

Outstanding
Bilic to get away with criticism of the ref do we think?

Don't get me wrong, he's right, but gotta be consistent.
He didn't say anything wrong. He was trying his best to avoid the interviewers question (who appeared to be trying to stitch him up as he asked the same question three times)

Ban

Arguably a deserved red for Blanc since you can't hit people in the face - softly or otherwise - but should have been a yellow to Bilic too for simulating a totally different foul to the one that had taken place.
True.

RC89

Just on the train back. Will take the result but thought we were pretty poor.

What a truly awful stadium. Worst I've ever been to. Just not good for football.
Care to elaborate?

Coops73

Not the greatest game, should never have been a sending off, but another challenge on a United player, can't remember who, could well of been a red, obviously Zlatan offside but feck it, 'bout time we got a little luck with these ref cnuts.

Slops

Care to elaborate?
I think it suffers from the conversion from the running track. It just feels sterile. There are big empty spaces throughout. It's just not a good setting for football.

I'm at Guns n Roses there later this year and I don't doubt it'll be fantastic for that, but thought it was pretty poor for this.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Coming 48 hours after our last match, this was truly one of those days where result was more important than performance. We weren't at our best and barely tested the keeper, but still came away with a two goal winning margin.

Teams for Reading and Hull will be interesting. 5 days for Reading, 3 days for Hull and then another 5 for Liverpool. Could well see a stronger team for Reading than Hull due to fact that Mourinho will be more keen to avoid a draw against Reading than Hull, as we have to play a second leg against Hull anyway. I still expect Zlatan to miss Hull if any game, but will be surprised if any regulars start both.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I think it suffers from the conversion from the running track. It just feels sterile. There are big empty spaces throughout. It's just not a good setting for football.

I'm at Guns n Roses there later this year and I don't doubt it'll be fantastic for that, but thought it was pretty poor for this.
They were mentioning trouble amongst the WHU fans. Did you see that?

Slops

They were mentioning trouble amongst the WHU fans. Did you see that?
A little. There was some sort of scuffle and a lot of stewards getting involved down to our left. Wasn't really paying attention to it though.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He didn't say anything wrong. He was trying his best to avoid the interviewers question (who appeared to be trying to stitch him up as he asked the same question three times)
He said good officials wouldn't make those mistakes. Like I said, he's right, but do you think for a minute that Mourinho would get away with saying that?

BIGbadBOO4

We did not play that we'll today but we won. Yes we benefitted from a harsh red card and an offside goal, however we won without playing well today. That has been missing for the last 3 years. I feel very positive for the future something which has been lacking since Sir Alex retired. Squad rotation is important now especially with a congested fixture list, this was shown today by Rashford and Mata turning the game today.

Litch

Deserved a bit of luck today given what's gone on before today, and it's all about winning games now. Massive game against Liverpool coming up and a win puts us right in the mix...

Jonno

The Christmas and New Year period has been perfect for us. We've won all our games, come through it with no injuries and our rivals have and will drop points around us.

Not only have we won our last 6 in a row, not only are we unbeaten in 13 or 14 or whatever, but when we weren't winning each week, when we were drawing we had people saying 'told you so' regarding Mourinho not being the correct fit for United, claiming it wasn't working.

Yet all I saw was Manchester United playing very well every week, drawing, and I was so happy to see the performances return from 3 years ago. We have had a great 2/3 months since we lost to Chelsea.

Mourinho really has found his system, his players and even his bench. As I thought, he has dramatically improved our playing style, he has brought better quality players in, he has improved the results. I'm excited for the future.

He's done what he did at Chelsea, he has indispensible players in good form in nearly every position.

De Gea, Valencia, Rojo, Jones, Carrick, Herrera, Pogba, Miki and Zlatan are pretty much undroppable because they're playing so well.

3 more signings in the summer and I think we have a squad to seriously challenge for the league. We arguably have one now if we were to start the season tomorrow. But for now top 4, a pop at the cups and continuous squad building will do for me all season long after the shite we've had to watch the past 3 years.

Alek M

Da manic one
Twice in a row Rashford has been a super sub.

While the red was harsh, there was a bit of lunge and dangerous play.

Also made the game tougher for us since they defended with 10 man behind the ball.

Theonas

Scout
He said good officials wouldn't make those mistakes. Like I said, he's right, but do you think for a minute that Mourinho would get away with saying that?
Most likely would yes. The FA usually punish comments that can be interpreted as an attack on the official's integrity. If you imply that the ref was influenced or biased, you're in trouble. If you question their quality, you usually get away with it. Obviously sometimes the lines are blurred and José complained one time too many that he is not likely to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 603 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% West Ham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 17% West Ham 0:2 Man Utd