PL W FA Premier League

West Ham United 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 02 January 2017

robinrooney

Deserved to win. Mike Dean is a prick but it's about time we had some shockers in our favour rather than against us.

Rode our luck a bit and De Gea saved us just before we scored.

Rashford changed the game and Pogba was awesome 2nd half. Another offside goal for us which is great hahaha

Bring on the scousers. Massive game in 2 weeks time

Trizy

I dunno what people were expecting, with 2 days break including training your legs would be knackered. Just had to grind it out and we did. Wasn't pretty but a big 3 points.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
To think some people feared he'd be a negative manager!

Last game saw us playing 2 at the back and the rest of the team attacking like mad, and today again going for it.
Of course, once we got ahead it made sense to get Smalling back on.
Mourinho always had the knack of changing games round, and today was one of them.

Irrational.

Deserved to win. Mike Dean is a prick but it's about time we had some shockers in our favour rather than against us.

Rode our luck a bit and De Gea saved us just before we scored.

Rashford changed the game and Pogba was awesome 2nd half. Another offside goal for us which is great hahaha

Bring on the scousers. Massive game in 2 weeks time
Agree with all this.

Could not be happier. 6 PL wins on the bounce during a difficult period, 18 points.

Getting a result with some contentious decisions in our favour is good to see for once - especially against perennial game-raisers WH. Thanks Mickey D!

This team is taking shape nicely.

If only Burnley didn't bottle their huge opportunity today.

Next PL game is against the Scouse. Bring them on.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Carrick is a joy to watch. Someone needs to check his birth certificate because there's no way he's english. Man of the match for me. On the other hand Herrera was poor. He isn't great on the ball so he puts his head down a lot and fails to see other teammates sometimes, but today he was probably just tired. If Rashford learns to become as dangerous cutting inside instead of always exploding to the byline, you've got an unfair player on your hands.

LouisDanGaal

Just let it go! He's gone, the bad Dutchman will not hurt you again
But that's my point! The game felt boring, negative, pedestrian, but that just shows how far we've come because last season that would have been considered one of our most entertaining games.

Redlyn

The officials made some questionable decisions there's no question about that - but maybe with everyone talking about it, the FA might take some action to either help the referees or introduce a system to make them more accountable.
I don't think that's going to improve them though. Bad decisions will remain bad decisions. At best they would think twice and chicken out of some necessary calls and just claim after they didn't see it as the easy option.

RedDevil-85

Very happy.
A big result for us,proud of the team for winning all the christmas fixtures.
Rashford was my MOTM

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I dunno what people were expecting, with 2 days break including training your legs would be knackered. Just had to grind it out and we did. Wasn't pretty but a big 3 points.
Some of the idiots on here wanted Martial out there running at 100mph 2days after running his balls off.

Lord Zlatan

Given the number of games weve played im delighted with the win. A lot of teams were tired today including liverpool who dropped 2 points at the bottom side. Hopefully some players will get a rest at the weekend. The most important game now is Liverpool, win that and we move to within 2 points of them and have the chance to extend the winning run to 10 or 11 before meeting City at the end of February.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We are significantly better than our table position. After the Liverpool game two Sundays from now, the next "difficult" fixture isn't til Feb 26th against City.

Devil81

We march on, it's amazing to think we've won all these matches, yet we're still outside the top five!

Today's game we won by two bad official calls, firstly the red card, followed by the offside goal. Saying all that I couldn't care less, we've had our fair share of bad luck this season.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Jose talking about the effects of fatigue in his interview.

Some of the numpties in the match thread would do well to listen.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
If we're going to win like that, I'm glad it's against West Ham. Couldn't care less about their complaints.

Nikhil

Mata was good as always. He changed the match when he came on. We started playing better and Carrick felt more at ease when Mata came on. Really happy with the win.

Pogba, Zlatan were good. De Gea's saves were excellent. I had my mouth open when he saved that shot. Also, that one on one shot that he saved. Thank you DDG. Love him.

ChaddyP

Inspired subs, 3 points, no fellaini. hopefully win our cup games, rest a few first teamers for a big game against the Dippers

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
2-0 win away to West Ham to keep the streak going at the end of a difficult Christmas period. Really can't be anything than happy with that period.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Jose talking about the effects of fatigue in his interview.

Some of the numpties in the match thread would do well to listen.
Just heard that. It is obvious they are tired. They are working their socks off for Jose. It is nice to have a manager who appreciates the effort they are making for him, also one that actually knows what subs to make. He didn't know Liverpool had drawn.:lol: Surely not.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Good 3 points under these circumstances. It was tough 2 days ago in a game we were already tired. For once the ref favored us

El Zoido

This win was extra sweet, it was nice to see Niall Quinn and sky sports crying over the most disgraceful refereeing decision there has ever been. Anyone remember last season when they beat us 3-2 in their last game at Upton Park, and Sky Sports was unashamedly celebrating their victory? This feels good.

Inigo Montoya

Just heard that. It is obvious they are tired. They are working their socks off for Jose. It is nice to have a manager who appreciates the effort they are making for him, also one that actually knows what subs to make. He didn't know Liverpool had drawn.:lol: Surely not.
He hates them as much as SAF:lol:

Inigo Montoya

This win was extra sweet, it was nice to see Niall Quinn and sky sports crying over the most disgraceful refereeing decision there has ever been. Anyone remember last season when they beat us 3-2 in their last game at Upton Park, and Sky Sports was unashamedly celebrating their victory? This feels good.
Any time I see that gangly cnut disappointed. I'm pleased

Alabaster Codify7

I'll take that, any day.

Red card - dangerous tackle but a yellow and I wouldn't have batted an eyelid. Faeces occurs. I can see why Hammers fans would be livid but still, it happens sometimes.

2nd goal - blatantly offside, Hammers deserve to be livid.

Other than that, they came close to scoring several times and it was a very lucky win. Lovely finish from Mata, Rashford was awesome off the bench, DDG was brilliant, Mkhitaryan and Zlatan had a big off-day.

If that was say, Stoke or WBA, I'd feel sorry for them. But West Ham and their 'faaaakin 'ave it' hooligan support, their bus-bricking thugs, their smug, smarmy chairmen, can 'ucking DO ONE. No team I'd rather see on the receiving end of bad decisions and bad luck.

3pts, maximum return over the Xmas period, gotta be happy. Onwards and upwards. Lets rotate and rest for the next two cup games in the build up to a gigantic game the following weekend.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Also this can't be said enough, but to have a perfect run throughout the busy december/early january period is brilliant. The Everton draw is the only draw in that period which was December 2nd (West ham win in the cup was Nov 30th). 2 cup games at Old Trafford that should be comfortable wins and put us in a final and the next round of the FA Cup and then Liverpool at Old Trafford in the next 2 weeks, extending our run to 10 in a row would be incredible for our season. Unlikely though, reckon the liverpool game will be a draw

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
Good result - Rashford made all the difference. But it's getting ridiculous how many bizarre decision we have seen this season. There have been some odd decisions before - but I can't remember the last time I easily could find 10 wrong, match-changing decisions being made by the first weekend in january.

And I feel for West Ham today - even if I don't like them

Inigo Montoya

Good result - Rashford made all the difference. But it's getting ridiculous how many bizarre decision we have seen this season. There have been some odd decisions before - but I can't remember the last time I easily could find 10 wrong, match-changing decisions being made by the first weekend in january.

And I feel for West Ham today - even if I don't like them
Excuse me?

That's like feeling sorry for The EDL or Britain First

Raw

Bilic saying that Jones should've been the one getting the red card in that situation :lol:
Watch the FA do feck all about it, yet if Mourinho even utters the referees name he's off to the stands and fined £50k.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
It's strange if Bilic isnt banned due to his comments about the ref now, going by what our managers have been banned for.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
On Skysports they really lay into Mike Dean - just funny they didn't do the same a couple of days ago!

December_16

Also this can't be said enough, but to have a perfect run throughout the busy december/early january period is brilliant. The Everton draw is the only draw in january which was December 2nd (West ham win in the cup was Nov 30th). 2 cup games at Old Trafford that should be comfortable wins and put us in a final and the next round of the FA Cup and then Liverpool at Old Trafford in the next 2 weeks, extending our run to 10 in a row would be incredible for our season. Unlikely though, reckon the liverpool game will be a draw
I hope we don't get complacent in the cup games though. On paper, those should be straightforward, but of course football is not played on paper. And no, we still have another leg for the League Cup semi, so winning the first game hasn't put us through the final yet.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I suppose Zlatan will be given a well deserved mini break.
I would send Lingard on an extended break but he is the type of player that should play in the Carling and FA cup.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I hope we don't get complacent in the cup games though. On paper, those should be straightforward, but of course football is not played on paper. And no, we still have another leg for the League Cup semi, so winning the first game hasn't put us through the final yet.
I know but home against Hull, we should get a result that wraps it up and make the away game a formality

Inigo Montoya

On Skysports they really lay into Mike Dean - just funny they didn't do the same a couple of days ago!
But Mason was just useless, this was pretty bad and he lost his bottle....but on the bright side West Ham lost!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 603 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% West Ham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 17% West Ham 0:2 Man Utd