PL W FA Premier League

West Ham United 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 02 January 2017

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Poor performance but we got the win which is the main thing. Lingard and Darmian can never start on the same side again; preferably with Darmian never actually playing for us again.
Feck that's harsh!

With Shaw out again, who'd you have covering the full back positions? Blind and Rojo are terrible at LB

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well where to start on that match, the performance wasn't great, but there's something about West Ham at that stadium which is just so drab and uninteresting. Add that onto the fact we were playing again so soon after playing at Middlesbrough and it was always going to be a bit shite.
What matters is the three points and we fully deserved them. West Ham offered very little and Mata along with Rashford changed the match for us after Lingard wasn't offering much impetus. getting another clean sheet is encouraging and given that we're going into the Liverpool match with so much better form than the last time we met, I'm expecting and confident we will get a good result.

TrueRed79

We just had to win. Couldn't care less about how we played this game, as long as we won! It was all about the result. Rashers changed the game. He was fantastic. Another Zlatan goal, and an abomination of a display from Mike Dean.

Ixion

That's our 6th away win this season. Last season we won 7 away from home in the league all season and the year before that 6.

Unmutual

Not a classic. Our worst performance since Everton, given they had 10 men. Maybe our worst since the first few months of the season.

But in all honesty, Im pretty sure the main reason is playing 2 games in 3 days. Half our players looked out on their feet (theirs too, to be fair). Our last game took a lot out of us, having to hunt Middlesborough down til the last minute, and then the euphoria of the late goal.

All that matters is that we got the 3 points, and came through the Christmas programme with straight wins. Worth remembering too that at the beginning of December we were 9 points off the top 4, now we're 1 point off, albeit having played a game more. Can't do more than that.

Now we have Reading on Saturday at home and then Hull in the League Cup, also at home. Expect a lot of changes for those games. I'm pretty sure half of our key players will get a good long rest, which means we should be in good shape for the Liverpool game in a fortnight.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
6 PL wins in a row.
11 unbeaten in the league.
13 unbeaten in all competitions.
7 wins in a row in all comps for the first time since April 2011!!

Oh also, have that you bus smashing cnuts!!!!!
Those damned draws!

Inigo Montoya

I know im just aggrieved I thought when they went down to 10 men and it took us ages to get the first goal that it was a good opportunity to get more.
Not Jose's style though. He's quite attritional.

Having said that it was only a matter of centimetres that saved them from further goals

Robbie Boy

Feck that's harsh!

With Shaw out again, who'd you have covering the full back positions? Blind and Rojo are terrible at LB
Harsh, really? He's fecking poison. I should hope we will be bringing in someone far better than poxy Darmian. My heart absolutely sinks when I see his name on the team sheet.

Dobba

Is that true: Fernandinho sent off for the 3rd time in 6 games … that's JUST possible! Is it a record?
Not sure about at Premier League level but my local side once had a player who was sent off in 3 consecutive games. Such was the way suspensions work at that level, he hadn't even started the ban for the first red by the time he'd got his third.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Yep, both him and Martial are starting to show some form again, looks promising for us. Though hard to see them as first team every week, with Miki also looking good. Add to that Mata fighting for his place, we are in a good position.
Yup. We have some takented players for sure.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Excellent win. West Ham away is never an easy one.
Yes it didn't hit the heights of some of our recent displays, and yes, we got a couple of strokes of luck, but it's a second game in 3 days, and 6 league wins in a row!

Couple of cup games now, to rotate a little bit, and then a huge one against Liverpool, who are now only 5 points ahead.
A win would be immense.

Mitser

Even on an off day, we have so much quality in the squad now that a few always seem to turn up and impact the game. This time it was DDG, Pogba, Rashford and Mata.
Although I thought Hererra was very good in the second half too.

Oneunited26

This could be a brilliant chance for Jose to use the squad, reading and hull in the cup games, now is the chance to get more minutes out of rashford and mata in the cup games upfront, get guys like herrera even Pogba rested maybe one of the 2, defiantly get carrick rested in ready for liverpool. Rotation will be key in getting us prepared for liverpool, this comes at a great chance to rest some of our key players

psychdelicblues

Huge win. We looked really tired at the start of the game and the red card helped things a lot in terms of eliminating their counters. Mata coming on at half time changed the game IMO, though of course Rashfords impact was the decisive one. Rojo and Jones very good again, what a turn around for them. Valencia solid as always, though his attacking wasn't as good as normal (looked more tired and less marauding which is understandable). Carrick gave us much needed composure.

De Gea's save was probably the key moment. Concede that and I doubt we'll get anything. Instead, rashford shows good composure and picks out mata with a great finish. Also Mata really should start more. He's just such a brilliant player. Though issue is of course Mkhitaryan is quality and probably that bit more dynamic, but I just feel like Mata should be starting more often then not. Especially in the last game he should've started.

Ibra was a bit shit and definitely looked more tired then usual. Good finish even though he was offside. Got a goal in the end and that's all you can ask!
Who would you have dropped?

LouisDanGaal

That felt almost like an LVG performance. Playing against 10 men is always difficult though as the opposition pretty much just park the bus, and that's hard to play against away from home especially. Obviously it was better than an LVG performance as we had 6 shots on target and a couple of decent just wide efforts, I think if we had this game during lvg second season we would be buzzing, that's a testament to how good we have been recently, that this performance a 2-0 away win in a difficult game is a bit disappointing, because we are more used to seeing fluid football. Good points: Result, Rashford, Mata, Mourinho substitutions, decisions going our way, ddg, clean sheet, away win, gap on second place closed.

Slartibartfast

Good win & good decision for the sending off, this 2 feet off the ground shit has to stop

Inigo Montoya

That felt almost like an LVG performance. Playing against 10 men is always difficult though as the opposition pretty much just park the bus, and that's hard to play against away from home especially. Obviously it was better than an LVG performance as we had 6 shots on target and a couple of decent just wide efforts, I think if we had this game during lvg second season we would be buzzing, that's a testament to how good we have been recently, that this performance a 2-0 away win in a difficult game is a bit disappointing, because we are more used to seeing fluid football. Good points: Result, Rashford, Mata, Mourinho substitutions, decisions going our way, ddg, clean sheet, away win, gap on second place closed.
Just let it go! He's gone, the bad Dutchman will not hurt you again

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nice win. The subs changed the game again. Inspired substitutions by Jose.
To think some people feared he'd be a negative manager!

Last game saw us playing 2 at the back and the rest of the team attacking like mad, and today again going for it.
Of course, once we got ahead it made sense to get Smalling back on.

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 603 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% West Ham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 17% West Ham 0:2 Man Utd