PL W FA Premier League

West Ham United 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 05 December 2020

Onerealunited

Horrible first half.
Class second half.

Pogba is not a central midfielder. If he stays he should play as backup to Bruno as attacking midfield.

VDB is not an playmaker. He should be used in the central midfield and get used to play a box to box role.

Martial is neither a first starter as LW or Striker. He should have a backup role. His top level is really good but unfortunately he is not showing it enough and should therefor have a second role (once we have enough good players)

Bruno. You can’t describe him with words! I’d so much love him to get the number 10 shirt

90 + 5min

First half bad. To slow and not producing anything while we are bad defensivly from wings. Second half great. We had balance and Martial injury, as bad as it is, made us more compact. Could have scored couple more. Hard place to come and we come away with win.

Martial is way. way from something called form. Greendwood is bad from wing, but excellent in the middle. Rashford and Fernandes changed game. Mata brilliant as ever. Glad to see Pogba score and Bissaka tackle in forst half was beautifle to see.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Ole rightfully pointed out that West Ham are a decent side whom got results against the likes of Spurs, Man City this season.
Bollocks to them. Play once a week and Moyes becomes Rinus Michels all of a sudden.

They were bloody lucky beating Fulham and Villa. Screw them

Nik70

We were so poor today, so three points are obviously a great thing.

Shame we can't lay without Fernandes and Rashford.

I completely don't understand why Cavani and not Martial went off at half-time.

Personally, I think the ball for our first goal was actually outside the pitc, but VAR couldn't prove it, so it counted.

A great result, definitely not a great performance.

Bring on the UEFA Champions League and RB Leipzig (they're just finishing a very demanding game vs. Bayern Munich).
Agreed. Martial has been shocking this season and was even worse today. He should not be starting games for us. Terrible first half from us and I'm starting to worry that we are becoming a one man team because the difference when Bruno was quite notable.

Nickosaur

As a United team, I'm really starting to love these guys. Some of our recent teams, that game stays 1-0 right to the final whistle. (And 2-0 to saints in the previous game).

Fernandes brings something else to this squad. An unreal mentality that has been missing for so long.

Maureen-yo

Only fair that we credit Ole with the same stick we use to beat him with midweek. The subs looked obvious but still good to see him have the courage to make them with a congested fixture schedule and 2 massive games coming up. They ultimately won the match. Only complaint would be to have left Cavani on and taken off Martial.

Speaking of Martial, he’s really lost all momentum from last season. Looks to have returned to the worst aspects of his game, disinterested and lethargic. We really need him and all the attackers to pitch in over the Xmas period and the rest of the season. To that end, was good to see Greenwood score.

Bruno is a joke, assists 1 then assists the assister for the other 2. Productivity is phenomenal. We’re really lost without his influence.
Cavani had an injury, soft tissue had to be subbed at half time.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Mata deserves to be playing more than Martial right now. he makes runs into the box and the one touch passing, vision between him and Bruno is better than any close control or pace Martial provides.

lysglimt

Scout
We are near the top of the table when :
a) Pogba hasn't showed up until today
b) Maguire was awful at the start of the season
c) Greenwood hasn't showed up until today
d) Rashford has scored 3 goals in the league
e) Martial is yet to score in the league

And people still want to fire our manager :)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
How good are Rashford and Fernandes though?

abailey123

Bruno played in his dinner suit in those 45 minutes. No one laid a glove on him. Greenwood - clinical and hopefully his confidence returns now. Huge 3 points and considering our first 3 games, to be in this position is remarkable

lilcurt

We are near the top of the table when :
a) Pogba hasn't showed up until today
b) Maguire was awful at the start of the season
c) Greenwood hasn't showed up until today
d) Rashford has scored 3 goals in the league
e) Martial is yet to score in the league

And people still want to fire our manager :)
But isn't it the managers job to stop A through E happening?

VivaRonaldo85

Fine win on paper. Worrying performance. Individual brilliance getting us the points. Rashy and Bruno turned the game on its head as did sadly, Martial going off. Tough place to go. Into the top 4 somehow!

Wing Attack Plan R

First half , if the awful performance was Ole’s fault, was West Ham’s brilliance because of Moyes? Ole gets blamed for his team’s poor performance but Moyes gets no credit for his team. It’s almost like there’s a double standard.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Mata deserves to be playing more than Martial right now. he makes runs into the box and the one touch passing, vision between him and Bruno is better than any close control or pace Martial provides.
I was surprised he wasn't selected to start today. There was a real lack of creativity in the first half.

AneRu

Correct and what I love about Mata is ability to stitch up play in and around the box, it enables the team to establish a foothold in the game unlike the way the couldn't stick onto our front players' feet in the first half.

Jules_T

Obviously Bruno made a difference but there were tactical changes at half time too.

The midfield was completely terrible and porous in the first half.

I'd say we missed Fred more than Bruno. Pogba and McT is a terrible double pivot.

The Irish Connection

Haha, mental. But the subs made the difference and maybe a bit of luck with the pogba goal (great finish though of course!)
Was thinking we could have done with Bowen on our right wing in the first half.
I hope we can start games better from here on.
Delighted with the result and league position. Keep it going United!

edcunited1878

United were slow out of the gates and West Ham were able to close down all the space and seemed to play with an extra man. West Ham bottled it at times when they could have been up a few goals, but no way was United going to play that way in the second half. The majority of passes in the first half were the wrong weight and poor overall.

Martial is rightfully getting a lot of stick, but there were too many passes played to him that he had no chance when there was a West Ham player on his back and couldn't turn.

Second half, West Ham dropped off and coupled with United's change in players and approach, West Ham got fecked and rightfully so.

Full credit to the players and staff for believing in themselves and sticking it to West Ham. United got kicked around the park a little bit again in the first half too.

AndyMUFC

We're a strange, strange team but just have better attacking players than our opposition the majority of the time. Bruno and Rashford made a huge difference once that goal from Pogba changed things.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Can we play all our games away?
One of the big differences is less draws than last year and of course we lost this fixture last year too.
So says Captain Obvious anyway.

svn

It's hard to believe how toxic this place has become.

I remember 10 years ago when the forum took the piss out of RAWK and I thought United fans would never be as bad as those lunatics.

I was right - it turns out, United fans are worse.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Any reaction from Moysey?
"I thought we played very well tonight. The only reason we got stretched was a poor decision. The ball went over my head on the touchline, there was no-one in a better position to see it than me.

"The linesman is claiming he didn't see it. It was a poor decision. The ball was out of play, the players' reaction gives the best way to look at it and all our players knew it was out of play as well.

"[After that] we turned off. It really gave us a bad feeling from that disappointment.

"I am pleased the fans saw a performance that was very good, certainly for 60 minutes. Just disappointed we couldn't give them a result. I think we were really shook by the disappointment of the decision the linesman made."

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We played much better vs PSG. Lost 3-1 and win 3-1 here.

football ey?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
1st half performance
Get out of the club !

2nd half performance
Dafuq ?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Great win given how we played in first half, which was down to dismal performances from Pogba, McT and Martial. That was frustrating as team was good enough on paper.

Ole forced to act at half time and made brilliant substitutions, albeit players who desperately needed the rest. Bruno and Rashford transformed how we played, and even Pogba felt some of the stardust with a brilliant goal.

buzzing we won so comfortably at the end, albeit concerned Bruno had to play today with Leipzig and City next.

pass.pass.pass

I'm not a fan of Ole the manager, but I love what happened to Moyes tonight. The whining tw*t.

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 292 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% West Ham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 14% West Ham 1:3 Man Utd