PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 West Ham United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 22 January 2022

Gordon S

Best game in a long time, thought we were the better team for the entire game. Toothless up front for sure but we kept WH away from our goal! A stability that can win you games. Hats off to Ralf, felt like some ideas is starting to come through to the players.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Get the feck in. I thought we played excellent. Ralf took a risk losing, taking a centre midfielder out and replacing him with an attacker but it paid off big time.

Lecland07

It would have been a very good performance, but I don't think our forwards really created anything. We needed more from them earlier, and it took major changes.

We were in control for most of the game.

MonkeysMagic

That injurytime goal has lifted my spirits, the like of which I hadn't seen for a while!

Controlled the game but lack of accurate passing, crossing and shooting really letting us down.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Given the quality of that West Ham side, that was our best performance of the season.

The backline was solid as a rock, the best we've seen it for God knows how long, McFred did what they had to do; keep it simple and give the opposition no room to breathe, let alone create anything. They're not much in the creative department but they serve a purpose nonetheless. If we can find a CM before the window shuts, one that can create and defend equally well, then all the better.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Love the VAR trolling, upsetting rivals because it was quick and efficient to come to the right decision but not showing the lines to wind them up on Twitter.

Always fun to see them screaming corruption over nothing.

ManUtd1999

All the attackers were involved in the goal: Ronaldo, Martial, Cavani and Rashford. In this order.

Generally, here’s what I wrote at 0-0:
“I don’t know about you, but I feel that, despite the current goalless score, we’re a better team than we were two months ago. Not by much, but just better.

Whether that will translate into better results down the road remains to be seen.”

I really believe that we have improved, even if only slightly.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
In control but we need to make their goalkeeper work.

Can't wait for Shaw to come back into form though. Telles shows alot of endeavour but his head-down crosses into the box are just a waste more often than not.

Roux

That was much much better than previous games. De Gea had nothing to do.

troylocker

Big win.

Thought we actually played better today as well, defensively at least. And the work rate was good.
Agreed. A bit toothless up top, but at least it was nice to see Ronaldo work hard and participate in build ups for a change.

Jev

We'd be fuming if that goal went against us, couldn't believe it when they said the goal stood.

Great feeling, though. And decent enough game, certainly better signs.

Orange Tree

Martial able to hold the ball a bit and pass to other players was the difference.

Someone

Something
Just assumed that was going to be ruled offside so didn't celebrate.
Same here.

Deserved win, and the manner of the win in the last seconds will have a great positive impact on the team.

Don't want to hope again, but it does feel like we're finally turning a corner.

James_42

The goal we scored we rarely ever score, why is that exactly? Players not making the correct run? City and Liverpool score loads of easy goals like that.

Thought we played well, just lacked a bit of quality in the final third, was happy to see Ragnick proper going for it with his attacking subs.

Martial looked good, hope we see more of him.

SER19

4 strikers combining for winner.

Onside too, TV showed several lines and hes on

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Fantastic ending to a much more solid performance. Get the feck in.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Sucked at creating chances but for the first time in a long while it felt like we controlled the game and restricted West Ham. They were pretty poor because we stifled them so much. Definitely another step in the right direction and felt like we wouldn't concede for most the game which is a refreshing change.

Irrational.

Even Mark Lawrenson is busting out the conspiracy theories :lol:

He looked offside Edinson Cavani - really seriously did. There will be a row about this, I bet.

The number of strange decisions from VAR we have seen, you never, ever know.
We’re back lads!

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Slightly better than mid-week but still too many wayward passes. Fitness and pressing definitely improving. Need to improve the link play between midfield and forwards but I just love a last minute winner.

Ludens the Red

Work rate was there pretty much most of the game. Although passing was very lazy and decision making atrocious.
but even by jus everyone putting a full shift in we restricted West Ham to very little. Needs to be the bare minimal.

hungrywing

Yeah - just throw caution to the wind and throw every attacker out there. We need a win, a draw won't do so feck it

I am convinced it was offside but will take it
That's what I'm talking about! Remember every week every other club moaning!?

I'm kidding I mostly meant regarding the meat of the game but yes for the goal itself, too.

Towards the end, one could see West Ham players flubbing control of easy balls, etc, which is something we used to see often, since chances for the opposition were that precious and opposition forwards were under immense mental pressure.

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 265 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Man Utd 2:1 West Ham
  • 16% Man Utd 2:0 West Ham