PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 West Ham United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 22 January 2022

sparx99

Massive result. Didn't create nearly enough, but got the goal, happy bloody days.
I think we do have to factor in that West Ham are better defensively than most teams. Ronaldo was close first half, Varane close at a corner and then the goal.

You want more clear chances but we were the better side today which we haven’t been able to say much lately.

James Peril

One of our better performances this season, I'm not joking. Weren't super sharp in the final third but the opportunities were there and we controlled the game from back to front.
Dreadful performance without any chances, I am not sure how you can say that was a good one. Lucky not to concede a few minutes prior through Soucek, we know how this place and most likely your mood would have been if so happened. None of these teams are playing in the Champions League next season, the quality is just too low. Creating this little at Old Trafford is worrying to say the least.

abailey123

The whole week has been an improvement bar a 15 minute implosion against villa.
the 4-3-3 seems to give us that more balance and if Scott continues to be coachable he could turn into a great 6.

Glorio

There's been a steady improvement since Villa in the cup where we got away with one. We drew against Villa in the prem, but it was a much better performance, we did better against Brentford, and today was better than that. I like what I'm seeing. Even if we drew, we've not played with such authority for a while. The 4-3-3 has been an inspired change and the workrate of our players has steadily climbed I feel, particularly off the ball.

Subs were brilliant, and loved seeing two thirds of MMM combining again.

Last edited:

Delano

Genuinely defended well in all areas. Controlled the tempo, pressing in order, just really sloppy in the final third.

Progress is there to see and hopefully with the time off, Ralf will work on the attacking play.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Was out and about so couldn't get to see this, but very very happy we won and with a wonderful team goal.

Never gets old that Fergie time goal :drool:

sparx99

Happy with the win but I don't see top 4 with this group of prima-donna. How many shot at target did we have? This is West Ham!!!
What do you mean ‘this is West Ham’? They’ve been near the top of the league all season with a genuine chance of making top 4. We have to judge them on their merits of today not some pre-conceived notion that they are typically a bottom half side.

rooney2009

Great score line
Couldn’t celebrate the goal straight away cos I was scared of VAR
We need a striker like Martial that can actually hold up the ball and bring other players into play
I think Greenwood would be able to do that later but we have to use our squad whether they want to leave or not
We still pay their wages.

CloneMC16

Everybody in OT was so lucky to be there this afternoon. Atmosphere must have been unreal when we scored. Hopefully this result can really change our season!

Our performances are improving. We clearly controlled this match, but had problems creating. This is a vast improvement over De Gea having to make save after save to keep us in the match. This was his easiest game all season. Good shit. If we can stay as solid as this, but improve our chance creation, we'll be feasting.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
From I’ve seen today, I’m so confident this goal is onside 100%. It‘s a bit difficult since Cavani and another Westham defender are very close but if you look closely, it’s onside for sure.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Leave it. West Ham were poor but we were a level above them.
Hardly.

Arguably our best performance under Ragnick for what the latter is looking for. Control and very few chanced conceded, and created enough to win.
I disagree. We looked more threatening against Palace, didn't create anything clear-cut beyond the goal and West Ham barely attacked us.

manichester

We deserved the win Dave only had one save to make and that was a deflection off Varane. Dallot excellent, some good football all round and at last something to build on.

Glorio

Happy with the win but I don't see top 4 with this group of prima-donna. How many shot at target did we have? This is West Ham!!!
Who have been in and around the top four since the start of the season while we've languished at mid-table for a chunk of it, what's your point?

redom

That'll do wonders for the confidence too, or it should do anyway. Really controlled the game while struggling to find a cutting edge only to win it in the last minute, that should be a big boost and when you add that to the small signs of progress we've already seen hopefully that just builds a more positive and confident mood around the club.

frutti di mare

Given the quality of that West Ham side, that was our best performance of the season.

The backline was solid as a rock, the best we've seen it for God knows how long, McFred did what they had to do; keep it simple and give the opposition no room to breathe, let alone create anything. They're not much in the creative department but they serve a purpose nonetheless. If we can find a CM before the window shuts, one that can create and defend equally well, then all the better.
Exactly my views on the match. Very impressive with how we controlled the match and defended, De Gea was a bystander for once. Only thing missing was creativity from deeper positions. That might come from a signing or just time as players master the system.

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 265 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Man Utd 2:1 West Ham
  • 16% Man Utd 2:0 West Ham