PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 West Ham United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 22 January 2022

90 + 5min

Controlling almost whole game. But wow, that last minute goal will boost our confidence.

Devil may care

We looked much more organised and structured as a team but the creativity was practically non existent, I really didn't see a goal coming so i went nuts when we grabbed that late winner which could be so crucial for our season, and it was a nicely crafted goal as well.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
For the first time in many years, rather than the result, we're actually putting in good performances. The team today was determined, committed less mistakes and were very energetic.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Chuffed for Marcus, Tony could have scored if he had taken the ball onto his right foot right before that.

A well coached game and some green shoots of a Ralf evolution sprouting up.

RedIan

Tight came with few clear chances, I thought we shaded it but west ham had a few spells.
Great great finish to the match, roof came off here.
vital win.

Litch

Good win, West Ham weren‘t fourth for no reason. Hard to create against them in general but at least there goes the nonsense that we were going to be dominated in midfield…

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
On a slightly more negative note, I think RR needs to work on coaching the attack to play better when teams go compact. West Ham were poor today but they turned up with a plan to stop us playing through the middle and it almost worked. Bruno was absolutely nullified.

Rake

Seemed like we were trying different ideas to break down their lines which is nice, glad it finally worked out at the end although I'm surprised they didn't make more of the Martial pass to Cavani, could've been offside
We're improving with every game. Thought we deserved to win and showed a great amount of control. Epic ending.
Did they show they VAR check for the goal? I was sure Cavani was just off.
It did say VAR check complete on the boards, so they must have looked at the situation.

Pretty decent game overall. I guess that is the first match that we were close to "controlling" the game as RR wants. We were clearly lacking some creativity in the final third but the desire was there.

moodyred

Played with intensity. Played like we wanted the ball. Definitely more grit than before.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
VAR is so shit. Completely killed my celebration in the fecking ground. Hate it.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Liked the progress in terms of controlling the game. The creativity lacks though in final 3rd and it comes down to decision making, technique and playing low percentage passes too often.

Very happy for Rashford though. Hope he finds happiness in playing again and starts playing to his potential.

Ollie Derbyshire

Great performance all round, really looks like we are developing as a team now and not just individuals. Change in formation took a while but is paying dividends.

Shout out to Maguire, thought he was good today passing the ball quicker and very dominant in the air.

You can see the effort has increased over the last few games and today we kept it going for the full 90mins. Need to create more clear chances but will take it for now as they will come.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
There's nothing better in football than a last-minute winner. Nothing.

Get in Marcus!!

NewYorkRed

Buzzzzzing. We deserved that too, our best performance under RR. We need to start creating more chances but I’m sure they’ll come.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
For the first time in many years, rather than the result, we're actually putting in good performances. The team today was determined, committed less mistakes and were very energetic.
Ralf at the wheel ?

bucky

Get in. :devil: Probably our best game since Rangnick took charge. Really happy that we won the game, when we actually were in control and were good defensively. Hopefully we'll improve in the final third. Should give plenty of players and the team overall confidence.

Rustyspider13

WHAT A WAY TO WIN IT!

Felt like one of those games under SAF where we finally ground down a team adamant to get a draw. Very controlled display against an organized team. Kudos to Rangnick for going all out attack with the subs, another callback to SAF's management.

Two back to back well deserved victories. The team is building momentum now. Get refreshed in the break and keep it going.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Such a key win. Doesn't matter how it happened, just so important to bank that.

Superden

Best team performance so far under RR considering the quality of opponents (very impressed by Rice, he seemed to be in the right place at the right time again and again).

Lord of Blackhaven

Great win. Ralf is doing a fantastic job. He was willing to adapt when his preferred system didn't work. He has stopped us shipping goals. And we are steadily getting better offensively.

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 265 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Man Utd 2:1 West Ham
  • 16% Man Utd 2:0 West Ham