PL L FA Premier League

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 02 April 2019

Member 115509

Dreadful. Started off promisingly, could have been three up early on, then it all went awry. Red card meant it was going to be a slog to get even a point, but it never looked likely.

GiddyUp

I'm pointing out you're full of shit mate, which you are. It's clear they aren't.

I suggest you read the rules of the forum before you get a warning.
I've read them and you are full of shite and you're replies confirm to me that I would never be you're mate. It's really not my fault that you cant comprehend English.

Whiteside '85

We started very well and had them on the ropes. Should've scored 3 goals in the first half but instead fecked up to give Wolves a life line. Conceding the goal jolted us but we came out in the second half and played very well and could've retaken the lead through McTominay. Even after the red card we looked the team more likely but it just wasn't our day. On another day we win comfortably.

Ole was spot on with the the way he set the team up and I have zero complaints. Wolves were very fortunate to come away with the win but that's football.
Best post I've read. Too many reactionaries on here.

The race for top 4 is not over, trickier but the others will slip up too.

Bring it on.

I still believe we can do it but if it is to be the Thursday cup next year, we all (should) know that's not gonna be on Ole. Season was all but over last December.

Ekeke

Looks like Mourinho was right about McTominay, ey? And a few other things too, with the way we have been playing recently.
If he was right about McTominay then why was today his best game and in a role Mourinho didnt use him in? Today he played as far forward as Pogba and was our main goalscoring threat

reddevil80

At the end of the day, the better organised and hungrier team won, yet again. Openeing 15-20, they couldn't handle us and, had we scored 3 or 4, then the game would have been different, but it wasn't. (We missed Rashford imo)

Simple as that.

Sing you a song

We look rusty the last couple of games. Passes going astray, taking too long to control the ball. Lingard couldn't head that ball in the first half more casualy than what he did. And David fecking De Gea cost us the game. Just like Pereira's mistake in the Burnley game, same thing happened today - it was a bad pass from De Gea. And the second goal - what was he thinking? He is starting to worry me more and more. Why couldn't he catch the ball when Lindelof was shielding the ball? When he realized he made a mistake he forgot about the pain in the back of his head.

We weren't at our best but De Gea is bringing back his first days in the club, which starts to worry me too much. Too many mistakes from his side.
Degea’s mind is on Real Madrid he will definitely go there in the summer

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Young at RCB was a strange one to begin with I thought. Asking for trouble. If he wanted to start with 3 at the back & had Jones available why didn't he use him ahead of Young. It's not like Young was fantastic in our build up play. He just hoofed. Which I'm sure Jones can do too.

Falcow

How long before Ole is left with the same dilemma with Pogba that Mourino had , when he is good he is very good but those games where he is good are few and far between. Do you stay playing him hoping you might get on one of those days where he looks interested or do you bench him and hope Madrid or someone come in a big offer in the summer.
I agree with you. Pogba must go, gave it his all after Jose left to prove his point but has been terrible since January. He is a disgrace and needs to be shipped out. He has already cost us one manager and will cost us another one if he stays.

BaseFishing

Couldn't watch the game. Did I miss anything? Or should I just pretend it never happened?

Cloud7

Just got in. Not entirely disappointed at having missed the match after reading the first couple pages here. Wolves are really becoming ‘that team’ for us aren’t they?

Can’t help but feel like top 4 might be gone after this one.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Genuine question...

What is it about Solskjaer that makes him align to the demands of being a United manager?
We at least know he understands the requirements, the mentality, the demands and is willing to adhere to all of it (playing youth, attacking football, and doesn't throw away so many other competitions to focus on getting a measly top 4 spot which doesn't actually equate to success despite what some seem to believe these days). Ole of course is a big question mark. As is any manager. Pochettino has a very good situation for himself at Spurs. Would it be the same at United? Who knows. It's not like he's the main guy in charge of player recruitment at Spurs anyway, which has been probably their biggest positive over the last 5 or so years, managing to bring in players like Vertonghen (before that time), Eriksen, Son, Alderweireld, Alli, and really build a top side but on a very small budget. Of course he gets some credit, but he constantly vents his frustration at the club for not spending any money or bringing in other players which to me points to him being more of a main coach rather than having a massive say in negotiations as a typical manager. Who knows what really goes on, how much of the credit goes to Pochettino or someone else behind the scenes. But they are valid concerns. How would Pochettino adapt to a much bigger club, much bigger expectations, and a completely different squad of players?

Zidane won 3 CL's in a row with Madrid. Doesn't mean he's the next Pep or something. Just means in his situation he suited them perfectly, though who would seriously say he's proven himself to be one of the best managers ever (as his achievement would suggest)?

Zlatattack

This recent run has been a reflection of our true selves. At our best the team is wonderful but when we're a little off form or our match winners aren't playing well, we're suddenly very average.

I'd rather be found out now than September next season.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I've read them and you are full of shite and you're replies confirm to me that I would never be you're mate. It's really not my fault that you cant comprehend English.
It's not my fault that you can't construct a single decent opinion. Feel free to continue to throw the toys out of the pram. Perhaps you should actually consider what you type rather than vomiting on your keyboard.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Young at RCB was a strange one to begin with I thought. Asking for trouble. If he wanted to start with 3 at the back & had Jones available why didn't he use him ahead of Young. It's not like Young was fantastic in our build up play. He just hoofed. Which I'm sure Jones can do too.
Thought that too ... looked ok v Watford. Think Ole trying to be too smart.

TheReligion

Abusive
We started very well and had them on the ropes. Should've scored 3 goals in the first half but instead fecked up to give Wolves a life line. Conceding the goal jolted us but we came out in the second half and played very well and could've retaken the lead through McTominay. Even after the red card we looked the team more likely but it just wasn't our day. On another day we win comfortably.

Ole was spot on with the the way he set the team up and I have zero complaints. Wolves were very fortunate to come away with the win but that's football.
Best post I've read. Too many reactionaries on here.

The race for top 4 is not over, trickier but the others will slip up too.

Bring it on.

I still believe we can do it but if it is to be the Thursday cup next year, we all (should) know that's not gonna be on Ole. Season was all but over last December.
Thank God. Some sense at last.

Beanz

Ashley young, ashley fecking young. During mou's time here I complained every single fecking game. During ole's time i'm still complaining. He is useless my goodness. Today he commited every mistake a rb if his calliber could make.

Pogba. For someone who is supposed to be intergral to our team he sure is inconsistent. If he put up such performances while playing for the madrid boo boys he'd be heckled off the field. I honestly don't know how we're going to get him to be consistent.

Scott Mctominay is our future permanent dm and it pleases me to see him flourish. Dalot has a beautiful cross on him, shaw is slowly becoming indispensable and last but not least, I hope 5 birds shit in ashley young's mouth simultaneously

unitedsoldier

Regardless of this result or the previous few I still don't want Pochettino anywhere near this club. Overrated to the hilt without proper justification... I'm already seeing posts about Pochettino... Hell no!

Regalia

If he was right about McTominay then why was today his best game and in a role Mourinho didnt use him in? Today he played as far forward as Pogba and was our main goalscoring threat
I just wanted to point out that Mourinho was right in seeing that there was 'quality' in McTominay, something he was widely criticized for. McTominay himself was also called all kinds of bullshit by people on here (another Fellaini, tall and useless, like all Mourinho's players etc. etc) just because Mou praised him. If you want to debate semantics just to discredit Mourinho, them I'm out. This is why I don't post on this cesspool these days. Everything boils down to one fanatical rager trying to talk down another fanatical rager.

dogwithabone

Big plus tonight was McTominay. Of the games I've seen him play that was his best, he must have had five or six attempts on goal and that's impressive. He looked confident too. Thought Shaw did ok too and Young was alright while he was on.

Down side were the performances of Lingard, Pogba, Smalling and De Gea. One of the worst performances I've ever seen Lingard give, Pogba not much better. Smalling looked edgy all night. De Gea should have done better with their winner and got away with a couple more lapses that weren't punished.

LingiBW

We need a complete overhaul. Not a little this season, a little next season

Purchases:
150m - 2 creative midfielders (75m ea.)
90m - RW
50m - LW
80m - CB
40m - RB
30m - LB
Free - Rabiot

440m - Total.

Sales:
150m - Pogba
40m - Rojo, Darmian & Bailly.
40m - Lingard & Sanchez
10m - Mata
Free - Herrera

240m - Total

Net spend 200m.

If we want to move forward as a club,this needs to happen.

Ekeke

I just wanted to point out that Mourinho was right in seeing that there was 'quality' in McTominay, something he was widely criticized for. McTominay himself was also called all kinds of bullshit by people on here (another Fellaini, tall and useless, like all Mourinho's players etc. etc) just because Mou praised him. If you want to debate semantics just to discredit Mourinho, them I'm out. This is why I don't post on this cesspool these days. Everything boils down to one fanatical rager trying to talk down another fanatical rager.
So you're saying he's not "Another Fellaini" after he played as an attacking player, won 7 headers and scored a goal for us?

Weird argument

sp_107

In middle of many depressing facts about current state of this team, Somehow Lukaku's first touch at a very important time of the game in second half still made me chuckle .Unbelievable from a 75mil player

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
Didn't think Ole was the answer and I still don't. That said, we should probably take stock of what we expect these days. Painful though it is, we are nowhere near the level of City and Liverpool, so the expectation that we all have that Utd should always be challenging is probably misplaced these days. We had it exceptionally good for 25 years, we got used to it. Now we need to get used to being in the second tier of Premier League teams for a while. It's been 6 years since we won the league. the last time we had a slump like this, it took 26 years to get back to the top, so we may have a while to wait yet.

RuudTom83

United gave away 2 sloppy goals, and went down to 10 men (even through you would struggle to notice) but on another day they go in at half time 2 goals up. It really wasn't that bad of a performance against a very organised side.

RedAlways78

Did we rush into making OGS the appointed manager?

Oh and really poor tonight. I’m taking tomorrow off.

norm87cro

I' m just very sorry for Mctominay and Dalot. Both of them had a very good game and some of our players (Pogba, Young and De Gea) let them down today

RedPed

Whatabouter.
So pissed that I had to give Young a 1 in the ratings tonight. Not giving up on Top 4 just yet until Arsenal have played their next 2 away games but the feckers will be full of themselves tonight.

We weren't as bad as people are making out but a few missed chances and gifted goals cost us tonight. I should have put my house on Young to get carded tonight. He rarely disappoints.

Run_time_error

Possession - the single most useless stat in football. Poor finishing cost us that and a bit of bad luck for their second goal. Not sure we deserved to lose but Wolves have proven a tough opponent for a few teams this year.

Starting with ten men (Pogba a complete passenger today) and going down to nine was too much. Dalot with one great early cross then disappeared really. So disappointed, we needed three points. That's left us a lot to do for fourth. A big summer ahead for the chequebook.

Regalia

If you decide to question Oles Management CV then we may as well just throw in the towel because whenever we get a bad result(s) this will be churned out as a way to stick the knife in. He's not even had a transfer window to assess and bring in his own players for fecks sake.

Jose was a petulant bellend and made the entire season a fecking soap opera. I couldn't give two shits what he thinks.
Whenever any manager gets bad results, especially a few in a row, he will be scrutinized. That's just the way the cookie crumbles, baby-faced legend or not. He's had 4 months with the squad, and we haven't changed our style one bit aside from the first 2-3 games when everyone was all gung-ho from Mourinho leaving.

Petulant bell end or not, I respect his opinion (when he's not raging and spewing crap about heritage) as a successful football manager. So, to each his own.

GiddyUp

It's not my fault that you can't construct a single decent opinion. Feel free to continue to throw the toys out of the pram. Perhaps you should actually consider what you type rather than vomiting on your keyboard.
Haha, what ever you say slick.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
First twenty minutes was very good. Then the mistake and it changed.

Started the second half very good as well until young got sent off.

Should have been a draw really if we had taken our initial chances, granted we would have been three up if we had.

Pogba was the worry tonight. Very poor effort wise.

The Real Treble 99

Absolutely woeful once again.
No ambition of grabbing the opportunity on pouncing for 3rd place. No heart or desire & looks like we’ve fallen back on Jose tenure. It’s so frustrating as a fan to understand what these players need to be motivated to play for Utd.

Yes we started brilliantly & could have possibly put the game to bed if not for a pathetic header by Lingard. You are suppose to attack the ball when heading towards goal, not a wimpy pass. Even then we weren’t creating enough & the sending off just finished everything. Personally I thought we could hold out for a draw but DDG who is looking extremely frail & below par was truly at fault for their second. It shows how off DDG is when Lindelof brilliantly passed back to him breaking up a threat & DDG nearly got caught out there too. BUT it’s not only him everyone has fallen away massively, it’s like their confidence has been drained right out.

Conclusion, a lot of the players need to be moved on. We need to cash up on whoever so we can build completely from scratch. Yes this is easier said than done but the honest truth is besides a few, most of our players are just bang average.

IrishRedDevil

This is the lowest I’ve felt in a while despite the horrible months we went through. I think it’s the fact that I had hope we would finish Top 4 and now that’s gone. It the hope that kills.

Player Ratings

4.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 401 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Wolves 1:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Wolves 0:2 Man Utd