PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Post-match discussion

Sat, 13 May 2023

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Antony is always involved, just his decision making. Sancho, I hardly see him except the weak attempt.
Being involved is all good, but his decision making is just terrible. Sancho was Sancho. I've given up on him.

Eric_the_Red99

That would have been a lot more comfortable if Garnacho had started or at least been subbed on earlier. Sancho really can't say he hasn't been given every chance to shine, but it's really damning that Garnacho had such a bigger impact in a fraction of the time. If Rashford is still injured, Garnacho has to start the next match.

moodyred

We dominated the game but still made me nervous throughout until Garnacho scores.

Bruno, AWB and Athony were the better players for me.

Garnacho and Fred did very well as subs.

Sancho was poor again today. If not for his goal, I'll probably include Martial as being poor.

RomfordRed75

Hopefully that's the last we see from Sancho as a starter. Garnacho has to start the next 3 games.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Garnacho is back!

Thought Antony had a good game too.

Sancho can be off in the summer. Waste of money and space.

AndySmith1990

Vital win. The issues with the team are obvious by now. Feck it. Let's get 2 more wins and worry about it in the summer

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Antony and Sancho need to take fecking note from Garnacho.

Totally outplayed them, yet still made hard work of it. We're gonna limp over the line. I think...

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
We need a proper forward. Wolves were woeful in the final third which meant we could afford to miss our chances and still hold the lead

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Thank God for that. Needed those 3 points!

Castia

Big 3 points that

We’ve dropped a lot of points lately and invited a ton of pressure so a win today was vital

Godfather

I've finally discovered our problem in the final third. Its called Antony
What an absolutely strange comment when he was the best player of our starting three up front. Martial could hardly run and Sancho was invisible. Yet Antony is the problem who got the vital assist in the first half. Sure buddy :lol:. This board fecking hell.

Anyway vital three points.

Rustyspider13

I don't think Wolves got a shot on target. Any scares we had late on would've been meaningless if we could just attack properly. Bruno must've wanted to strangle someone with how many bad passes were put onto him in transition. But a win is a win, especially at such a vital point. We're still juggernauts at home and that deserves a CL place. Two more wins left.

RedIan

Nervous win, great to have Garnacho back, so direct and clinical.
Anthony had a decent game but his finishing is bloody awful.
Bruno none stop.
6 points from 9 to make it safe.

BorisManUtd

Big, big win. But bloody hell we're poor in attack, against better side we'd have conceded today. 2-0 win and a clean sheet anyways, job done.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I pray that Leicester or draw with Liverpool to condemn to fifth so we would just need 1 win. I cannot trust this team, our forwards and midfielders are misfiring. Hard to get a win with Sancho, Martial and Antony.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What an absolutely strange comment when he was the best player of our starting three up front
Which is a sad statement in and of itself given how ineffective he is. We should've been up 3-0 at the half if he made the right decisions.

Siorac

A win is a win and we undoubtedly deserved it but fecking hell this season can't end soon enough.

moodyred

That's precisely it. His decision making is very poor, and yet he seems to evade accountability from ETH because he was his expensive nepotism signing.
I'll take Antony over a sancho who would stop and pass the ball backwards every time he gets near the box.

NICanRed

Which is a sad statement in and of itself given how ineffective he is. We should've been up 3-0 at the half if he made the right decisions.
Being the best of a bad bunch isn't a great recommendation!

Godfather

Doesn't change the fact your comment was absolute horsecrap surely? How is he the problem in our front three when the other two were way worse? He was actually one of our better players today

ManRed

Very poor in the attack. No cutting edge which was expected as our attackers have been poor for a long time.

Good to see Garnacho back and with a goal too. Though not sure what the celebration was about. He threw the shirt on the ground and the team were really cold.

De Gea almost cost us another game with not reading the ball and coming out when not needed.

A proper striker and we would be comfortable in top 4.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Clear to see we need a striker. Dominated on chances. Same story all the time.

miked99

Good performance and victory but as always our attacking issues are there for all to see. We need so many attacks and so many goal attempts to score a goal.

Delighted with the points though!

Lost bear

That's precisely it. His decision making is very poor, and yet he seems to evade accountability from ETH because he was his expensive nepotism signing.
Or maybe it’s because he’s young and needs to learn that decision making. Caf is way harsh on the guy.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'll take Antony over a sancho who would stop and pass the ball backwards every time he gets near the box.
I think the difference between the two is that ETH is far more likely to drop Sancho than Antony, never mind that we have suitable subs like Garnacho and Pellistri available.

The Irish Connection

Relief!
We are shockingly wasteful at finishing/the final ball.
That missed header from Antony was unforgivable.
But at this stage the win is all that matters.

stepic

Yeah bit weird to highlight antony when he was at least involved and got an assist. Sancho is just perpetually anonymous

Godfather

I think the difference between the two is that ETH is far more likely to drop Sancho than Antony, never mind that we have suitable subs like Garnacho and Pellistri available.
Sure that's the difference between the two :lol:
You are having a mare here

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Or maybe it’s because he’s young and needs to learn that decision making. Caf is way harsh on the guy.
I think he will improve over time, but unfortunately, haven't seen much in the way of improvement from his first appearance this year. If anything, he's stagnated due primarily to his poor decision making.

Woodzy

Easy game and job done, but the sort of game we win by 4 or 5 goals with proper fire power up front.

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 197 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 34% Man Utd 2:0 Wolves
  • 21% Man Utd 1:0 Wolves