Post Match

Cina

what?

Carrick and Cleverley were a class apart from Swansea's midfielders. Even defensively we didn't give them an inch. Were you even watching the match?
Carrick was brilliant but Cleverley was very, very meh. He did nothing of note throughout other than some tidy passing.

Brophs

The One and Only
Despite some poor performances we still deserved to win with all the opportunities. Just not our day.
Aye. How many teams can you say go to Swansea, have at least four or five players have a bad game and still deserve to win? It was just one of those days. One of those frustrating, frustrating days.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
We should have won, and wasted so many good chances to do so. Rooney off form cost us big time, considering the main chances fell to him, and his passing was abysmal.

Godfather

Rooney, Evra and Valencia were appalling.

I've not seen a worse performance than that for a long time.

Giggs should have been on sooner. Valencia off even sooner than that.
:eek: I thought we played some nice stuff at times. Persie up front was linking up very well with the others. Just that Rooney, Valencia but also, to a lesser extent, Young had stinkers.

The way Val performs atm though is really worrying, he doesnt seem to get better at all and should really be dropped.

Donkey's Ears

Blaming the ref for this one seems very RAWKish. United missed their chances.
RAWKish to say we should tear him a new arsehole. Perfectly reasonable to point out that he let Swansea disrupt the flow of the game all day long plus some calls went against us.

Even with that we should have won but it wasn't a good performance from him.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Sorry I should clarify, INDIVIDUAL performances.
Fair enough, I retract. Rooney at least was a shocker, but Valencia has been the same level all season. Any decent fulback can close him down.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Carrick was brilliant but Cleverley was very, very meh. He did nothing of note throughout other than some tidy passing.
Still the midfield and the defense were the least of our worries today.

gulli_G

i think kagawa could have a chance back in behind rvp and hernandez next match if he's fit,

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great game to watch, on another day we could have won this by 5 goals. Unlucky with Van Persie's fantastic effort, and with Carricks header. Swansea got incredibly lucky with all their last ditch defending, and goal line clearances. Giggs had a very good cameo, and that is how he should be used, coming off the bench. Cleverley and Carrick were fantastic and our hopes of winning the game went away once cleverley did IMO.

Encouraging signs with Vidic at the back, started off a bit slowly but then did really well, as did Jones and Evans. Evra, apart from their goal, did okay defensively I though, and was really good in attack.

On the other hand though, Valencia and Rooney were awful. Not that concerned about Rooney as he has been in great form and he knew he was having a shit game today, but Valencia has been dreadful all season. In the form he's in right now, he's in contention for the worst winger in the league :lol:
It looks like he has absolutely no belief that he can beat his man, or even whip in a cross. Where before he would just run on the outside in smash it in the middle, now he looks like he will do that than stop, and take about 5 touches, turn right, turn back in, then pass to Jones. He is absolutely useless in this form.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
First, the hat must go off to Swansea.

However, we dominated the second half but couldn't put away several chances we should have put away.

It was definitely a handball. You can see the defender lifted his elbow to block the shot.

The Swansea defender deserved a red card. I'd like to go over the video to see where the defender was when he committed unsporting conduct. It looked in the box on first view.

Shit happens. There will be days like this. Pissing and moaning is entirely appropriate.

Ainu

I thought our midfield did well enough. Our general play was good and positive. Our defense had a few lapses but they weren't anymore to blame than our attack. Obviously Rooney and Valencia were diabolical and it hurt is. But I also thought there were quite a few instance where Van Persie could've gone for a shot and over complicated things. He wasn't bad or anything, but I still would've liked him try a few more shots in stead of passes.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Rooney and Valencias performances almost warrant a public apology from them, Jones was rubbish too.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
what?

Carrick and Cleverley were a class apart from Swansea's midfielders. Even defensively we didn't give them an inch. Were you even watching the match?
Yup, mental post. Our midfield were good today. Dominated Swansea at their home ground, not many teams will do that this season.

Drainy

what?

yes. I was watching the match- I edited to say that I meant we were poor creatively in midfield- we were fine at retaining possession between Carrick and Cleverley, carrick was great overall, but Cleverley was poor going forward and the less said about Valencia and Young the better.

Defensively Evans was fine. Vidic was incredibly rusty, Evra was ripped to pieces and Jones have a nothing performance.

KM

Btw do you guys think that was a handball?

Imo it was.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
SAF took way too long to shake things up. Maybe if Giggs had another 15 or so minutes we'd have won.
I would've loved/hated to see the reaction if we bought Giggs on sooner, there's people still in the match day thread now moaning about him and Scholes for whatever unknown reason.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
dropped bollock for me that. Did they even test DDG in the second half? If they did I don't recall it.

Those are the sorts of games you need to dig a win from. Swansea were rubbish second half and when we stopped just giving it back to them very very cheaply we seemed to be able to create chances for fun.

Rooney must have been on the piss last night.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
We should have won it with the chances we had. I cannot believe how people say Rooney is world class because he's quite clearly not. A world class player would be able to get even the basics right when not on form.

TheReligion

Abusive
Why is everyone letting Evra get away with a shocker?

He scored yes, but gifted them their goal and continued to look piss poor defensively throughout.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
This is not a game where the centre mid was to blame. Wingers and Rooney had plenty of service, done feck all with it - simples.

IrishLegend

How the hell can anyone say Cleverly played badly, did you watch the same game as me.

Him and Carrick completely bossed the midfield, for once our problem wasn't the midfield It was the forwards and Full backs.

RK

Imo it was.
I'd have to see it again, which either means it's a tough call or I wasn't concentrating.

If he leant into it, yes. If not, I wouldn't call it as deliberate.

KM

yes. I was watching the match- I edited to say that I meant we were poor creatively in midfield- we were fine at retaining possession between Carrick and Cleverley, carrick was great overall, but Cleverley was poor going forward and the less said about Valencia and Young the better.

Defensively Evans was fine. Vidic was incredibly rusty, Evra was ripped to pieces and Jones have a nothing performance.
Harsh to blame the midfield for creativity when your two attacking player Rooney and Valencia are having stinkers.

In the first ten minutes after the second half, Rooney must have got two clear cut chances which he completely wasted.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Imo it was.
No chance for me, firstly because it seemed to hit him in the chest, and second, his arms were right on his body. Not even a contentious decision IMO. Young was really the only one asking for it to be fair.

Cina

Imo it was.
Davies from Young's shot?

Probably, bit harsh due to the speed of the shot and the distance but the arm was out.

Castia

On another day we would have scored at least 3 goals we were by far the better team, a few bad individual performances cost us in the end. Valencia needs time on the bench he's been shit all season but on the plus side Vidic got 90 minutes under his belt.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Plusses
- uncowardly Carrick
- Van Persie god like footballing ability
- Young maniac performance
- Giggs is still a good player when he's not being asked to do 2 people's jobs at once
- Vidic 90 minutes. Plus no longer has ability reducing haircut

Annoying things
- Rooney sabotage performance, and reluctance to remove it from the game
- Pointless Scholes substitution.
- Utterly pathetic goal conceding.
- Valencia slow motion bomb.
- Phil Jones doesn't actually know how to pass a football

Highlight of game
- Rooney actually managing to block one of his own shots...which was probably going off for a throw or own goal anyway.
- Michael Oliver trying to tell footballers off when he looks about 8 years old

TheReligion

Abusive
How the hell can anyone say Cleverly played badly, did you watch the same game as me.

Him and Carrick completely bossed the midfield, for once our problem wasn't the midfield It was the forwards and Full backs.
Don't worry about it, Cina must have been watching on teletext

roseguy64

what?

For some people any bad result must have to do with the midfield.