Pre Premier League Draft

Indnyc

So as this draft is only valid up until the end of the 91/92 season, Cantona is being judged on 15 games for Leeds.
This is what @Chesterlestreet was saying before and wanted players like Cantona and Best blocked because they don’t fit in the time frame well

Both @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson and I decided that we didn’t want to block anybody.. It’s upto the managers to defend their team.. Look at it this way, as a manger in your OP you can call out the deficiencies of the said players and convince voters to vote for you

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
So as this draft is only valid up until the end of the 91/92 season, Cantona is being judged on 15 games for Leeds.
Cantona should only be judged on those 15 games only which is why its a bit lame because the stated intent was simply to attract voters on a Man United forum to the name appeal of the player rather than evaluating based on the spirit of the draft (71-72 through 91-92)..

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Cantona should only be judged on those 15 games only which is why its a bit lame because the stated intent was simply to attract voters on a Man United forum to the name appeal of the player rather than evaluating based on the spirit of the draft (71-72 through 91-92)..
Yip. Bear in mind most voters have played in/voted on numerous drafts.... they'll know the criteria or read up before voting.

Get what Chester was on about (pre draft) but if you said 30 appearances, why not 40 or 50? If you say 50, why not 100? There's always going to be a cut off to drafts and felt 'cleaner' to just leave drafters/voters to make their own decisions.

Indnyc

My Op will state that players are to be judged for their performance only during the specified time period.. After that it is about how you manage to convince voters that these players aren’t fit for the draft

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Yip. Bear in mind most voters have played in/voted on numerous drafts.... they'll know the criteria or read up before voting.

Get what Chester was on about (pre draft) but if you said 30 appearances, why not 40 or 50? If you say 50, why not 100? There's always going to be a cut off to drafts and felt 'cleaner' to just leave drafters/voters to make their own decisions.

That's usually true but last few drafts have seen big increases in voters. Hopefully new voters do read through

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Its absolutely trying to trick the voters into not looking further than the names.

Trying to pick someone that played a mere 15 games for Leeds in this entire 20 year time period and then adding that on top of drunk and absent Best with the admitted goal of just trying to get votes based on their names on a Man Utd forum is definitely not in the spirit of the draft IMO.
It's not tricking when it's expected. Has happened before and will happen again. If criteria is not detailed enough, this Will occur.

You are xxxxxxx kidding me?!!! :mad:
Surely not :lol:

Where are you drinking? Might come out and join you
In NJ now. Anbar called City Diner. Had a good lunch and enjoying day after. I'll pm you my number.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
It's not tricking when it's expected. Has happened before and will happen again. If criteria is not detailed enough, this Will occur.

It is tricking because he stated its a Man United forum so Cantona with his 15 games for Leeds would attract votes. The intent is for people to vote on Best and Cantona for their performances outside the time period of the draft. That is by definition tricking.

And in my two years of following drafts, the only time I have ever seen intentional and obvious name based drafting outside actual performances for the draft criteria was you and Cal? in the Serie A draft

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
It is tricking because he stated its a Man United forum so Cantona with his 15 games for Leeds would attract votes. The intent is for people to vote on Best and Cantona for their performances outside the time period of the draft. That is by definition tricking.

And in my two years of following drafts, the only time I have ever seen intentional and obvious name based drafting outside actual performances for the draft criteria was you and Cal? in the Serie A draft
Come on. I suggested having a game count based criteria. If it's ignored, you can't blame what's inevitable. We play within rules and if you don't like the rules, tough shite.

I don't like the the Cantona pick as much as you but hey it's within the rules. Make better rules next time or stop complaining.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Come on. I suggested having a game count based criteria. If it's ignored, you can't blame what's inevitable. We play within rules and if you don't like the rules, tough shite.

I don't like the the Cantona pick as much as you but hey it's within the rules. Make better rules next time or stop complaining.

I'm not complaining mate just stating my opinion that Best and Cantona are awful picks and if the intent is to attract voters based on their reputation outside the time frame that is both lame and against the spirit of the draft.

I am allowed to state my opinion aren't I King Edgar?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I'm not complaining mate just stating my opinion that Best and Cantona are awful picks and if the intent is to attract voters based on their reputation outside the time frame that is both lame and against the spirit of the draft.

Not really. I agree with you in this case. But it's not really trickery when it's within rules. I'd use it as an arguement if I face Cal, but I'd not view it as trickery.

Yes you are, as is anyone. Blame me, I didn't have tighter rules.

Enigma_87

You know who
  1. oneniltothearsenal - 1) K. Dalglish (10) 2) K. Sansom (7) 3) J. Robertson (16) 4) J. Molby (3) 5) G. Stevens (2)
  2. green_smiley - 1) I. Rush (4) 2) D. Rocastle (31) 3) S. Jardine (7) 4) R. Kennedy (27) 5) D. Cooper (26)
  3. BeforeKeanetherewasRobson - 1) B. Robson (51) 2) T. McDermott (146) 3) D. Irwin (14) 4) D. O'Leary (10) 5) B McClair (3)
  4. Edgar Allan Pillow - 1) P. McGrath (63) 2) A. Muhren (14) 3) P. Neal (2) 4) A. Smith (2) 5) P. Reid (3)
  5. Frank Grimes - 1) K. Keegan (480) 2) J. Giles (142) 3) B. Bremner (12) 4) S. Coppell (25) 5) S. Heighway (11)
  6. Enigma_87/TRV - 1) G. Lineker (3) 2) O. Ardiles (4) 3) D. Walker (1) 4) T. Francis (17) 5) N. Hunter (15) 6. F. Thijssen (21)
  7. MJJ - 1) G. Souness (180) 2) C. Bell (191) 3) R. Wilkins (7) 4) M. MacDonald (97), 5) K. Burns 6. S. Nicol (25)
  8. youngrell - 1) P. Gascoigne (28) 2) M. Le Tissier (287) 3) P. Ince (2) 4) A. McLeish (11), 5) A. Kennedy (34), 6) A. McCoist (34)
  9. Cal? - 1) G. Best (10) 2) T. Adams (460) 3) S. Pearce (298) 4) G. Strachan (10) 5) G. McAllister (1) 6) Cantona (302)
  10. Gio - 1) G. Hoddle (35) 2) C. Waddle (48) 3) V. Anderson (76) 4) R. Gough (70) 5) J. Greig (24) 6. B. Lennox (11)
  11. Skizzo/Pat Mustard - 1) J. Barnes (137) 2) D. McGrain (116) 3) N. Whiteside (15) 4) M. Buchan (10) 5) J. Wark (4) 6. L. Cunningham (155)
  12. Tuppet - 1) A. Hansen (46) 2) P. Beardsley (91) 3) A. Ball (38) 4) J. Johnstone (10) 5) T. Cooper (97) 6) B. Murdoch (73)
  13. Oaencha - 1) R. Keane (19) 2) I. Wright 3) S. Bruce (162) 4) G. Pallister (335) 5) S. Staunton (96) 6) D. Seaman (33)
  14. Indnyc - 1) E. Gray (34) 2) P. Thompson (145) 3) J. McGovern (36) 4) T. Brooking (5) 5) P.Shilton (6) 6) R. McFarland
  15. KM/Invictus/Šjor Bepo - 1) M. Hughes (90) 2) E. Hughes (16) 3. T. Butcher (111) 4. D. Platt (32) 5. L. Dixon (30) 6. M. Peters
  16. Chesterlestreet -1) L. Brady 2) P. Lorimer (260) 3) W. Miller 4) J. Olsen (40) 5) A. Mullery 6) J. Aldridge (374)

Enigma_87

You know who
You can direct them to @MJJ mate. I’ve sent in Nicol only to see his name here after 5 mins :mad:

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Not really. I agree with you in this case. But it's not really trickery when it's within rules. I'd use it as an arguement if I face Cal, but I'd not view it as trickery.

Uh, trickery has nothing to do with rules. It has to do with perception and deception. But I'm rambling now, so go get drunk, I should as well :lol:

MJJ

Oh ffs how many of these dumb draft threads do I have to ignore?
Oh ffs how many of these dumb posts from staff who should have something better to do , do I have to ignore?
@MJJ you absolute blithering cuntpimple.
Holy feck! You seven hell's fecked tosser. After Muhren, I was confident in getting him the round after next and completing the duo.

Feck off..

Oh my , feck off seriously

Tosser.

I need to think of insults.
Bastard.

Fecker
Dog fecked idiot.
Dmon crapped loser
People like you are the reason God doesn't talk to us anymore.
You can direct them to @MJJ mate. I’ve sent in Nicol only to see his name here after 5 mins :mad:
You're kind of Rapunzel except you let everyone down instead of your hair
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If its any consolation, Thijssen was my second choice.

I'd have been so out of my depth here. Some names I've never heard of and others I'm looking forward to reading more about.
Everyone has their own time period but I am SO pleased I got to see the 70s and 80s players growing up.... great mix of ability and physicality
Holy feck! You seven hell's fecked tosser. After Muhren, I was confident in getting him the round after next and completing the duo.

Feck off..

Oh my , feck off seriously

Tosser.

I need to think of insults.
Your mother should have chucked you away and kept the stork?