Pre-season friendlies 2013

Brightonian

Wasn't aware of this Barca-Bayern clash. Slightly embarrassing (though I'm not sure who for) contrast in approaches. Fairly strong Bayern team vs a mix and match Barca side.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Great goal by Grenier puts Lyon ahead against Real.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Why can't Barcelona wear football strips instead of the kind of stuff posers would wear to the beach.

That strip is more horrendous than the 2nd strip they used last season.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Dont think i've seen a team make Barcelona look so average since Barca really became top of the top. Even though we dominate them statistically in the past 10 years, Bayern just look as though they will batter them everytime without conceding

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Dont think i've seen a team make Barcelona look so average since Barca really became top of the top. Even though we dominate them statistically in the past 10 years, Bayern just look as though they will batter them everytime without conceding
To be fair, it was pretty much a mix of squad players, reserve players and messi in the first half, and the second half was an entirely new 11 composed of only youth players.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Me and Ruud10 watched Norwich beat Mexico last week. The canaries have a big English-style no. 9 who's actually Argentinian, and a tricky, skilful Argie-type partner who's actually English. Defence looked solid too so I'm gonna state that they won't be relegated. We were sad not to see the Van Wolfswinkel debut.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Me and Ruud10 watched Norwich beat Mexico last week. The canaries have a big English-style no. 9 who's actually Argentinian, and a tricky, skilful Argie-type partner who's actually English. Defence looked solid too so I'm gonna state that they won't be relegated. We were sad not to see the Van Wolfswinkel debut.
It's looking like the promoted teams will struggle a lot as they haven't made much improvements. Stoke have Hughes though so they could be in trouble too. Long time till the window closes though of course.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Why can't Barcelona wear football strips instead of the kind of stuff posers would wear to the beach.

It's a homage to Partick Thistle.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

It's the Senyera (Catalan flag) in kit form - sold well when it was released apparently.

Looks better than the opal fruit colour shirts they've had as second strips over the last few years.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Defensive much?
Won 2-0 with Aspas getting another goal. Can't wait to see the game.

Yes, so defensive I'm telling all my rival supporters how well we did in the "Your tour is better than ours" cup which apparently we were narrowly defeated by a dogged Liverpool overnight.. :houllier: (if my facebook is anything to go by. Many many deletions were had that night.)

The game was awful awful viewing. The NYL team for Melbourne Victory going toe to toe with Liverpool and nearly getting something out of it.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Lol. Defensive and bitter. Must be something to do with your new Bitters manager. :p

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Not sure if he was actually credited with the goal of if Ch 7 were being berks, but they credited Aspas' goal as an OG to Leijer getting in first to Suarez's toe-poke
Finally saw the goal. It was definitely Aspas who poked it in.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Yes, so defensive I'm telling all my rival supporters how well we did in the "Your tour is better than ours" cup which apparently we were narrowly defeated by a dogged Liverpool overnight.. :houllier: (if my facebook is anything to go by. Many many deletions were had that night.)

The game was awful awful viewing. The NYL team for Melbourne Victory going toe to toe with Liverpool and nearly getting something out of it.
I basically don't give a toss about results & performances in pre-season friendlies. They mean absolutely jack-shit when it comes to the real football of the new Premier League season. I simply decided to post a video relating to the incredible support we get considering we've not won our domestic league for well over 20 years. It seemed to strike a nerve with you. Hence the 'defensive' observation made by Dumpstar.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I simply decided to post a video relating to the incredible support we get considering we've not won our domestic league for well over 20 years. It seemed to strike a nerve with you. Hence the 'defensive' observation made by Dumpstar.
:lol:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea 8 - 1 Indonesia XI.

I can't be arsed listing the goalscorers (none of our Confed Cup players were involved). Lukaku got another two though, he's done well in these warm up games so far.

It's odd to me that Traore, McEachren, Chalobah and Piazon have played in all our games so far when Mourinho has said they'll all go out on season long loans.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
I;d agree with all but Piazon going on loan though.

Ramires got a couple, Hazard with one, Bertrand Traore Lukaku 2 Ba with one and Terry with one. Oh and Kalas scored an own goal to give indonesia something.

I know they're only warm ups but our squad has looked pretty good so far, and all these goals will do Lukaku no harm.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
8 goals against that Indonesian side with your squaddies is ominously impressive.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
How is Bertrand Traore playing and what's his position?

Two or three journos on my timeline who are covering Chelsea's pre-season match have raved about him.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I basically don't give a toss about results & performances in pre-season friendlies. They mean absolutely jack-shit when it comes to the real football of the new Premier League season. I simply decided to post a video relating to the incredible support we get considering we've not won our domestic league for well over 20 years. It seemed to strike a nerve with you. Hence the 'defensive' observation made by Dumpstar.
He is coming across as very bitter about something. 95k people turned up for the match, with a bare minimum of 90% of those decked out in Liverpool's red.

We don't get that kind of crowd to games unless it's the Grand Final of our Australian Rules Football (I've been to two Grand Finals with the crowd reaching 100k - it's crazy seeing that many people at a single sporting event). The city was simply awash with Liverpool supporters.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
How is Bertrand Traore playing and what's his position?

Two or three journos on my timeline who are covering Chelsea's pre-season match have raved about him.
He's doing really well. He's an attacking midfielder.

Scored a tidy goal the other day...

And another good goal in this vid, lovely surging run into the box and a calm finish...

Obviously he's 17 and the opposition was poor but the club rate him highly enough to be playing him on this tour despite him not actually being a Chelsea player (can't sign until he's 18) and could bugger off to a country without work permit restrictions in september once he's 18.

Minkaro

Just watching Spurs v South China, the pitch is an absolute joke. Can't imagine AVB being happy to risk his players on it.

Just turned that on in time to see the South China keeper pass to Defoe.

Just seen Moyes is in attendance.

Drifter

American
6-0 Spurs , good freekick from Townsend. The pitch never seem to affect Spurs.

Brightonian

South China have never really tried to make it hard for them. They've got so much time to make each pass, so it's no surprise the pitch hasn't really come into it.

rooneyaldo

previously Cardiff, Wales. Now Montreal, Canada
Anyone watching City vs Sunderland? It s taking place in Hong Kong in the same stadium where we are scheduled to play on Monday. Its seems like all the fans are supporting Sunderland, Dzeko just missed a penalty and there was a huge cheer. Most are against City so guessing are United supporters. Also heard that the biggest cheer went up when they showed Moyes and Giggs come in to watch.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
It certainly affected us in the previous match, when the pitch was 10 times worse than it is even now - a complete boggy, rain-saturated quaqmire. I was surprised the game wasn't called off.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
So Chelsea have won a trophy, City have won a trophy, come on Moyes get your finger out!