Pre-season friendlies 2018

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
City v Dortmund (kicks off in about an hour) and Bayern v PSG on Saturday.

Not many recognisable names.

Last year's thread had over 1,000 replies but with the World Cup on this year and most teams fielding weakened sides due to that there probably won't be the same level of interest.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I’ve never even heard of half of the players in City’s squad for this game.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
That's both Manchester clubs in crisis so far this pre-season while Chelsea have not yet conceded a goal.

The Sarrilution is real.
You should be Sarri for that pun.

Andrew Wolf

Supports
Manchester City
I’ve never even heard of half of the players in City’s squad for this game.
The only senior players with the squad for the tour are Bravo, Hart, Laporte(injured), Zinchenko, Mahrez and Sané. Foden and Diaz are there but even though they are 1st team squad members, it'd be hard to call them senior.

Bernardo Silva will join up with the squad in the next couple of days and Mendy on the last stop of the tour. The rest won't come back until they get back home

We only play 3 pre-season games plus the Charity Shield as there is barely any point.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Why is PSG Bayern so empty?

You see how big United are, never seen a pre-season game this empty with us.

Blackwidow

The kid needs his self confidence back. They wanted to get him back already in January but with the FIFA laws he would not have been allowed to play. With Kovac having the development of him as one of his tasks and Peter Herrmann coming back in September let's the what they can do. He seems to have back some self confidence - else he would not have taken that freekick directly. Had a good match (he is already subbed now)

Gnabry to Zirkzee - 3:1

Emacii

Why is PSG Bayern so empty?

You see how big United are, never seen a pre-season game this empty with us.
Read on another page that they charge about 75€ per regular card. Actually dont know who is responsible for that but would be insane for a game like that

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Read on another page that they charge about 75€ per regular card. Actually dont know who is responsible for that but would be insane for a game like that
Shameful if true.

Blackwidow

Might be ok in the US. But that was in Klagenfurt. Klagenfurt-München is a 3 hour drive - and there you can see regular matches and not just friendlies. I doubt that many there came for PSG.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
For those that may not know, the Manchester united, Manchester city and Liverpool games in the states are being shown on Premier Sports which Virgin are giving it's customers free for 2 months

International Champions Cup Fixtures
Liverpool

July 22: Liverpool vs. Borussia Dortmund, 9 p.m. - Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina
July 26: Liverpool vs. Manchester City, 1 a.m. - MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
July 28: Liverpool vs. Manchester United, 10 p.m. - Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, Michigan

Manchester City
July 20: Manchester City vs. Borussia Dortmund, 3 a.m. - Soldier Field, Chicago
July 26: Manchester City vs. Liverpool, 1 a.m. - MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
July 29: Manchester City vs. Bayern Munich, 12 a.m. - Hard Rock Stadium, Miami

Manchester United
July 26: Manchester United vs. AC Milan, 4 a.m. - Rose Bowl, Pasadena, California
July 28: Manchester United vs. Liverpool, 10 p.m. - Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, Michigan
August 1: Manchester United vs. Real Madrid, 1 a.m. - Hard Rock Stadium, Miami

Last edited:

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
For those that may not know, the Manchester united, Manchester city and Liverpool games in the states are being shown on Premier Sports which Virgin are giving it's customers free for 2 months

International Champions Cup Fixtures
Liverpool

July 22: Liverpool vs. Borussia Dortmund, 9 p.m. - Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina
July 26: Liverpool vs. Manchester City, 1 a.m. - MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
July 28: Liverpool vs. Manchester United, 10 p.m. - Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, Michigan

Manchester City
July 20: Manchester City vs. Borussia Dortmund, 3 a.m. - Soldier Field, Chicago
July 26: Manchester City vs. Liverpool, 1 a.m. - MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
July 29: Manchester City vs. Bayern Munich, 12 a.m. - Hard Rock Stadium, Miami

Manchester United
July 26: Manchester United vs. AC Milan, 4 a.m. - Rose Bowl, Pasadena, California
July 28: Manchester United vs. Liverpool, 10 p.m. - Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, Michigan
August 1: Manchester United vs. Real Madrid, 1 a.m. - Hard Rock Stadium, Miami

I think Utd's game against Milan has been moved, due to lack of interest, from the Rose Bowl to the 27000 capacity Stub Hub Center. Tickets are still available.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
It is the US, so what do you expect.

Pointless matches, that are only useful for getting players fit & trying things out.
Bayern vs PSG was in Klagenfurt, Austria. Tickets were at €57 which is shameful and pointless from the event organizer‘s side.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Frank Lampard's Derby beat Southampton 3-0 at Pride Park. Ex United player Tom Lawrence scored two for the Rams.

Robbo*

Anyone know if United's game is on TV in the US tonight? TV guide suggests Scousers on but can't see our game.

Liverpool - 4 (today will be their fifth)
Arsenal - 1 (had a few behind closed doors too)
Man City - 1
Chelsea - 0
Tottenham Hotspur - 0
Awe thanks Damien ❤ - I thought we were behind schedule but we're not doing too badly. Pool always seem to play alot of games in pre season I notice.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Liverpool - 4 (today will be their fifth)
Arsenal - 1 (had a few behind closed doors too)
Man City - 1
Chelsea - 0
Tottenham Hotspur - 0
Actually Spurs have played 2 (if you count closed door games):

Spurs 6 - Southend Utd 0
Spurs XI 2 - Brentford 1

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea playing at midday tomorrow (UK time) in Australia.

Apparently Sarri's team will be:

...............Collins
Zappa Ampadu Luis Emerson
Fabregas Jorginho Barkley
Pedro Morata Musonda

Not terrible considering we had 34 first team players at the world cup.

ROFLUTION

Chelsea playing at midday tomorrow (UK time) in Australia.

Apparently Sarri's team will be:

...............Collins
Zappa Ampadu Luis Emerson
Fabregas Jorginho Barkley
Pedro Morata Musonda

Not terrible considering we had 34 first team players at the world cup.
Why is Alonso not starting?