Pre-Season Friendlies (2022/2023)

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Where are our resident Inter fans?

Watched both Inter games and Kristjan Asllani has impressed. A good understudy for Brozovic.

Did Patino play?
Nope, he's not even on the US tour. He's taken last seasons loan army instead, I suppose unless you find moves for them you need to try and integrate them but it's disappointing for a few of the youngsters.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Nope, he's not even on the US tour. He's taken last seasons loan army instead, I suppose unless you find moves for them you need to try and integrate them but it's disappointing for a few of the youngsters.
Ah, I see. Thanks. I saw that he played your first pre-season game so just assumed he was going to play apart in the majority of your games.

I'm keeping up with him because I think he'll be brilliant. A British de Jong if everything goes well. Exactly the type of player we (United and England) are in desperate need of.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Finished Orlando 1-3 Arsenal

Martinelli, Nketiah & Nelson the scorers.

Played mostly the squad players first half with more of the first team playing 2nd half.

Chelsea vs Arsenal next pre season game.
I've resigned myself to never seeing a Ramsdale clean sheet ever again.

adkb

Good thread,

The clubs that seem to have been playing good footy last season have picked up where they left even after a few big name additions and subtractions.
Bayern looks to have had a stunning window with some legitimately good players. Of course they have lost their start player to Barca. Similarly Barca has purchased a load of good players and their manager seems to be up for the job. Hope they stop the RM supremacy.

United seem to have done well for where they come from. The had a horrid season, star players unhappy everyone annoyed. They seem to have found a style of play. It is so important for the club to back the manager now. They need to not only back him but push him to be better. Exciting times.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal

I see he's picked up the Pickford trait of immediately screaming at other people after fecking up
TBF Tavares needs more than just a screaming. They should forget to book his return tickets from Orlando.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Ah, I see. Thanks. I saw that he played your first pre-season game so just assumed he was going to play apart in the majority of your games.

I'm keeping up with him because I think he'll be brilliant. A British de Jong if everything goes well. Exactly the type of player we (United and England) are in desperate need of.
Yeah, a good few of the young lads went on the Germany tour. Not sure if you've seen but he's bulked up a bit over the summer.

I've resigned myself to never seeing a Ramsdale clean sheet ever again.
Yeah, Tavares and Mari quite poor on the goal. No surprise there I suppose.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Good to see, @GoonerBear . In his first team appearances, the talent was obvious but he struggled on the physical side. I'm hoping, if he's not going out on loan, Arteta will use him a fair bit.

It seems like you're back in for Arthur Melo. He's the spits of de Jong as a player so I think Patino will benefit from him joining like our young midfielders (Zidane, Galbraith, Gore, Mainoo, Mejbri) will if de Jong joins us.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Good to see, @GoonerBear . In his first team appearances, the talent was obvious but he struggled on the physical side. I'm hoping, if he's not going out on loan, Arteta will use him a fair bit.

It seems like you're back in for Arthur Melo. He's the spits of de Jong as a player so I think Patino will benefit from him joining like our young midfielders (Zidane, Galbraith, Gore, Mainoo, Mejbri) will if de Jong joins us.
Arthur is average at best. Shouldn't be wasting our monies there at all.

Patino needs some loan time.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Arthur is average at best. Shouldn't be wasting our monies there at all.

Patino needs some loan time.
I think he will transform your side. Been a fan since he was Gremio. Gets a lot of stick, and no doubt has weaknesses, but what he brings to a team is something only Verratti and de Jong can. It’s evident at Juve and for Brazil the improvement in the teams when he plays compared to when he doesn’t.

Don’t think you’ve had a cm who can control a game, and bring calmness and composure to a team even under pressure since Cazorla, which is what Arthur will bring.

On Patino, I just hope he’s loaned to a team who intends on playing good football if he goes.

Pronewbie

Peep

I see he's picked up the Pickford trait of immediately screaming at other people after fecking up
Poor positioning yet again by the overrated Twitter favourite. He left his near-post exposed. Even that “wonder-save“ from the free-kick last season was due to poor positioning in the 1st place.

Last edited:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Good to see Mane doing well. He's certainly an upgrade on Gnabry and Coman. A very useful CL player too specially in the latter stages.

He will get a huge cheer if we meet.

TheReligion

Abusive
Good to see Mane doing well. He's certainly an upgrade on Gnabry and Coman. A very useful CL player too specially in the latter stages.

He will get a huge cheer if we meet.
I think you’ll appreciate him even more when you realise what you’ve lost next season.

Always said he was your best forward.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Oh, damn.
I'm actually really sorry - I swear I searched for an existing thread before creating the new one (and was kind of surprised at the lack of one) - but I searched for the word "preseason", not "pre-season" :(

Maybe moderators can put the posts of this thread into yours?
@Solius ?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
who played as CF?
It started out as a 4-3-3 with a rather narrow front 3, Sané left, Mané in the middle and Gnabry on the right.
They interchanged a lot though, I think Mané drifted to the left as the game went on. Second half Zirkzee was on, but he is going to be sold, isn't he.

I don't get why we are playing two games within two days. I don't think I ever seen it. Well, in FM, but that's usually a stupid error.

Robindinho

I don't get why we are playing two games within two days. I don't think I ever seen it. Well, in FM, but that's usually a stupid error.
Looks like they just squeezed an extra game in to please sponsors/want a game at Old Trafford and that was the only day available - if they want to have a week's prep before the Brighton game.

Guessing the first team will play against Atletico and the reserves/youth vs Vallecano.

Hoof the ball

Oh, damn.
I'm actually really sorry - I swear I searched for an existing thread before creating the new one (and was kind of surprised at the lack of one) - but I searched for the word "preseason", not "pre-season" :(

Maybe moderators can put the posts of this thread into yours?
Haha. I was actually kidding, but Go Team!

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
hopefully. :lol: he is shit.
Don't tell them! Give those PL scouts reading along here a chance to sign him for a bargain of €20m... If Chris Richards gets you €15m then that'd be the least we can expect. :nervous:

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Last night, holie goalie testimonial

2 good goals

Blackwidow

Could be a 4-2-2-2

Neuer
Pavard - Upamecano - Hernandez - Davies
Kimmich - Sabitzer
Coman - Sane
Gnabry - Müller

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal v Chelsea starting soon. Strong lineup from Arteta (in the first half at least) that will probably be what we start the league campaign with.