Pre-season friendly Wigan - Manchester United

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I'm so glad it's not at stupid o'clock like most of our previous pre-season games.

Though I guess that's gonna change when we're off to China!
Friday 13:00 and Monday 12:30 BST, so at least not in the middle of the night :)

Dazzmondo

I thought Blackett had been sold?
Not yet. Sounds like he and Varela are on borrowed time though. If you're referring to last season, he went on loan to Celtic but they did not take up the option to buy him.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Only 3 (Bailly, Shaw, Mkhitaryan… or 4 if you consider Valencia) of the first 11 players will be available to feature in this game and the following, so not much can be said about the overall quality of the team.

But it will be useful mainly to see if Mourinho's going for his 4-2-3-1 system and if a few trainings were already enough to shake off Van Gaal's possession bored football.

Also, where are some players going to play preferably, like Valencia (RB or RW), Blind (LB or CM), Blackett (FB or LB), Fosu-Mensah (RB, FB or DM), Herrera (CM or CAM) and Januzaj (RW or CAM).

Last edited:

khoazany

Cheers. Did he injure himself during the holidays or did he play in a England youth game or something?
He was called up to the England U19s squad for pre-Euro friendlies but then pulled out due to this injury so not because of international duty certainly.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He was called up to the England U19s squad for pre-Euro friendlies but then pulled out due to this injury so not because of international duty certainly.
Ok. Hopefully he's back soon as Shaw might not be up to playing full games for a while.

kenny19

I'd like to see will keane start over james wilson. I don't believe we have ever given will keane a solid run in the first team and I believe he works better as a sole striker to speed merchant/james wilson.

nemanja15

No de Gea, Romero, Darmian, Smalling, Marcos Rojo, Fellaini, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Martial, Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Rashford. Pretty impressive absentee list.

Strongest team we can probably play? Johnstone, Valencia, Bailly, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Herrera, Mkhitaryan, Mata, Memphis, Wilson. I am sure Mourinho will be pretty keen on checking out the likes of Jones, Fosu-Mensah, Januzaj, Pereira in particular though.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Sounds like it's just free until kick off, so you might have to make an account to watch the match.
I just re-read it and it did say build-up for free..That is bullshite, I do not want to waste time looking for a link on the Internet. That is absolutely pointless. No one cares about the build-up in comparison to the match

Sweet Square

I just re-read it and it did say build-up for free..That is bullshite, I do not want to waste time looking for a link on the Internet. That is absolutely pointless. No one cares about the build-up in comparison to the match
Yeah it's really shitty.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Seeing some of the new signings and maybe a few exciting youngsters is the only reason to watch them. Judging the players from these friendlies is useless, though. After a few friendlies two years ago many people had Tyler Blackett as one of the best defensive talents out there, and Reece James as a better prospect then Luke Shaw. James is now at Wigan, btw...
Yeah that's why they're really not good for judging youth talent. Almost every young player looks hot shit in them.

kenny19

Just read somewhere wilshere is back in training for arsenal. If that's the case I also expect our english players to be back this weekend. Just like ibra these guys need to get back asap. Their vacation shouldn't be more than 3 weeks after how much money they make.

kenny19

No de Gea, Romero, Darmian, Smalling, Marcos Rojo, Fellaini, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Martial, Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Rashford. Pretty impressive absentee list.

Strongest team we can probably play? Johnstone, Valencia, Bailly, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Herrera, Mkhitaryan, Mata, Memphis, Wilson. I am sure Mourinho will be pretty keen on checking out the likes of Jones, Fosu-Mensah, Januzaj, Pereira in particular though.
Only Martial, Darmian, schneiderlin:lol:, should be missing from the squad at this point.

Seven Seas Sardines

I'm sure there will be rivers on reddit? It's on at 8.30 in the morning in Paraguay, and I'm taking pics at a club until 3 tonight. I'm nervous I might over-sleep. Then again, there are always links to the full game afterwards. :devil:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Two summers ago we could buy the MUTV US tour games. Would be great if they did that again.