Pre Season Tour 2014

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
Forgive me for saying this but arent those stadiums all alot more narrow than a standard Prem field, perhaps this is why LVG wants a high profile friendly at Old Trafford too.

Ole90+3

Amazes me how crazy Americans are for College sport.

USA is absolutely the sporting capital of the world. Look at those beautiful stadiums.

Would love to go to Washington. Redskins stadium looks sweet.

pseudo_canadian

Amazes me how crazy Americans are for College sport.

USA is absolutely the sporting capital of the world. Look at those beautiful stadiums.

Would love to go to Washington. Redskins stadium looks sweet.
Yeah FedEx Field is one of the nicest stadiums in the NFL.

MarylandMUFan

Forgive me for saying this but arent those stadiums all alot more narrow than a standard Prem field, perhaps this is why LVG wants a high profile friendly at Old Trafford too.
They are narrow however part of that is due to the need for a lot of sideline space for an American football team, training staff etc. They are able to widen the pitch from the NFL field to soccer but it's still not as wide as what you would have at Old Trafford.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Saw this on twitter.
Saw Januzaj in the picture and got excited that he was part of it. Sadly, not in the names bit :( Fair enough as Belgium reached the quarters but he didn't really play much but ah well I guess he hasn't had the time off. Probably deserves a few weeks off so his wee body can recover from last season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Pretty sure it sold out the first day it went on sale to general public pretty much. Only then the tickets were between $70-150 I think for different sections.
Canadian brah here. Are you going to any games?

I'm thinking of the Inter Milan/United game in DC..went to DC a couple years ago to see Barca vs. United...might do it again since the michigan one is sold out and I'm not paying $160 for nose bleeds.

bosnian_red

I'm thinking of the Inter Milan/United game in DC..went to DC a couple years ago to see Barca vs. United...might do it again since the michigan one is sold out and I'm not paying $160 for nose bleeds.
Yeah, going to the United-Madrid game, it's in Ann Arbor so only about 1 hour away. I was at the united vs Barca game too but DC is a bit far for just Inter-United. The michigan game should be great though, holds 110k people and all sold out apparently. Being the last game on the tour I hope they are close to full strength too, the Barca game I remember had loads of reserves start it.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Yeah, going to the United-Madrid game, it's in Ann Arbor so only about 1 hour away. I was at the united vs Barca game too but DC is a bit far for just Inter-United. The michigan game should be great though, holds 110k people and all sold out apparently. Being the last game on the tour I hope they are close to full strength too, the Barca game I remember had loads of reserves start it.
Did you get tickets as soon as they went on sale? This tour was weird.. I didn't even know when tickets went on sale.

bosnian_red

Did you get tickets as soon as they went on sale? This tour was weird.. I didn't even know when tickets went on sale.
Yeah I knew what week they were going on sale, just not the day, so I casually checked the ICC site where you could buy the fan packs and get tickets behind the net and saw they were on sale that day, so I got them then. That was on the Monday for the pre sale thing, they went on general sale on Thursday and it got sold out within hours I think.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
So only Van Persie, Januzaj and Fellaini will miss the US Tour

Hernandez will join the squad in the 2nd week of the tour according to reports in Mexico

We had the most players (together with Bayern Munich) at the World Cup......so we should have a good pre-season

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
Cheapest tickets on Stubhub for the game in Michigan are $160 a ticket, waaaay up high. :eek:

http://www.stubhub.com/international-champions-cup-tickets/4465981/

Considering it sold out and seats 110,000 people, I wonder how many tried to get tickets but couldn't.
I got my ticket. Snatched up my ticket quickly in the same section as I had seen United beat Barcelona 2-1 at FedEx Field 2011. The Club Level isn't on the field, although the view isn't bad. At least it has air conditioning with couches and large flat screen TVs for halftime to cool off.

I'll be bringing my best cameras and I'll do a report as I did back in 2011.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Typically, I'm on holiday during our pre-season games in America so I'll miss them all.

Any idea where I could watch the games in full at a later date?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Concerning the kick-off times, what I've found is as follows:
- LA Galaxy, July 24th, 8pm local time, so 4am BST (5am Paris)
- AS Roma, July 26th, 2pm local time, so 9pm BST (10pm Paris)
- Inter Milan, July 30th, 7:30pm local time, so 00:30am BST (1:30am Paris)
- Real Madrid, August 2nd, 4pm local time, so 9pm BCT (10pm Paris)

Is that correct? If so, I'll be missing all games bar AS Roma I think. :(

FromTheBench

Really hope he takes few of the U21's atleast. Is usually the highlight of a tour.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.

I also went to that United-Barca game in DC, and I'm from London, ON. I had planned to go to Ann Arbor to watch them vs Madrid but its too expensive, and like you said, the ticket sales came and went and I hadn't even realized.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I also went to that United-Barca game in DC, and I'm from London, ON. I had planned to go to Ann Arbor to watch them vs Madrid but its too expensive, and like you said, the ticket sales came and went and I hadn't even realized.
I was heavily debating Inter Milan but I've been to DC so many times and I don't think I'm gonna go to this one.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Yeah those Ann Arbor tickets are freaking expensive. I was considering going but Eboue would've had to put out for a $500 ticket and I think he knew that and bailed.

yamo123x

Hoping to see keane brothers, Powell, zaha, janko rothwell and lingaard on tour as well as Wilson, Lawrence and maybe Pearson.

Hope we don't take macheda petrucci bebe etc- they have had their chances - time to move on.