g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Pre Season Tour 2014

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tickets on sale April 10th, will make sure I get them right away. Can't wait.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
Cant we turn down competing in any competition, obviously to our own detriment but I hear alot about the old days and clubs simply refusing their spot in european competitions.

NM

Anyone going to the game in DC?
I am trying to - depends on work.

I am--it's in my backyard. I was going to provide folks some ideas for restaurants/things to do while in DC if anyone's interested.
Please do. My last trip to DC was when I was broke and all I could afford was the United Barca game, staying in a dorm and walking the monuments. I didn't have good things to say about the city. Hopefully this visit changes that.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
I am trying to - depends on work.

Please do. My last trip to DC was when I was broke and all I could afford was the United Barca game, staying in a dorm and walking the monuments. I didn't have good things to say about the city. Hopefully this visit changes that.
Will do. I'll put together something and post it closer to the date. Sorry to hear you had a meh time over here--DC really is a nice place to visit. Though in July it will be unbearably hot and muggy.

NM

Will do. I'll put together something and post it closer to the date. Sorry to hear you had a meh time over here--DC really is a nice place to visit. Though in July it will be unbearably hot and muggy.
My impression is that a 5 mile radius around the white house and monuments is nice. The rest - not so much. Also, whoever decided the closest public transport to Fedex field should be a kilometer away is an idiot.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
My impression is that a 5 mile radius around the white house and monuments is nice. The rest - not so much. Also, whoever decided the closest public transport to Fedex field should be a kilometer away is an idiot.
There's a story behind FedEx's location-I'll include it in my post. Trust me-you'll have a good time. There's tons to do in and around DC.

Here's a link to The Washington Posts's guide for visitors. Good place to start.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/gog/dc-visitors-guide.html

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Just bought tickets for the United vs Madrid match, they're on sale now :devil:

bosnian_red

What are the best places to buy tickets for the game in DC? Stubhub is expensive as feck!

@Sir Matt @KeninDC
Use the link I put if you want to sit in the United fan section, prices aren't bad either compared to most United friendlies. It's the official site though, not sure if you could get it cheaper somewhere else.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
What are the best places to buy tickets for the game in DC? Stubhub is expensive as feck!

@Sir Matt @KeninDC
@NM-Did you try TicketMaster? Looks like there are face-value tickets still available. http://www.ticketmaster.com/Guinness-International-Champions-Cup-tickets/artist/1875902

I usually use StubHub-an alternative is to check out Craig's List. https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/ Search under tickets. It's a little caveat emptor--but see if there's anything worthwhile.

I'll keep my ears open for tickets and PM you if I hear anything. But-try Ticketmaster first.

Good luck.

NM

Use the link I put if you want to sit in the United fan section, prices aren't bad either compared to most United friendlies. It's the official site though, not sure if you could get it cheaper somewhere else.
I'll be going with my wife so want to sit somewhere more sedate. Things got heated with some of the Barca fans when I went to United-Barca..

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
@NM-Did you try TicketMaster? Looks like there are face-value tickets still available. http://www.ticketmaster.com/Guinness-International-Champions-Cup-tickets/artist/1875902

I usually use StubHub-an alternative is to check out Craig's List. https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/ Search under tickets. It's a little caveat emptor--but see if there's anything worthwhile.

I'll keep my ears open for tickets and PM you if I hear anything. But-try Ticketmaster first.

Good luck.
Could you let me know as well please? @Sir Matt

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

bosnian_red

I'm still kind of fearing that we get into the Europa League through 6th place and end up having to play in the qualifiers :nervous: Pretty sure they'd end up cancelling the United-Madrid game if that happened.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm still kind of fearing that we get into the Europa League through 6th place and end up having to play in the qualifiers :nervous: Pretty sure they'd end up cancelling the United-Madrid game if that happened.
When would the qualifiers take place ?

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
The club could look at the idea of having two squads.

1 mainly consisting of the world cup players who will play any pre season tour games at the end of july start of august and some players being left in England to prepare for Europa. The Europa games should only clash with 1 pre season game.

If everyone stays fit, we could still have a decent squad in both.

Obviously this all depends on us finishing 7th and Arsenal finishing 5th and then winning the cup.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Surely if we have to play an Europa qualifier against a midtable side from Lithuania our reserves should be good enough to win the tie?

khoazany

Surely if we have to play an Europa qualifier against a midtable side from Lithuania our reserves should be good enough to win the tie?
I'd preferred to field a half-U21s half-1st team in both matches.It's not about being good enough.We always need some experience in men's football.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
:D A subcontractor that we work with bought a whole bunch of tix and promised me two (or possibly up to 4) free tix for the Utd/LA Galaxy game at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA on Wed, July 23rd at 7:30pm PST.

Don't hate the player, hate the game ;)