Predict our final position - 19/20 season (Poll added)

Predict United's final position

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Andow

5th if Pogba carries us. Still without a single RW, awful midfield options with no creativity apart from Pogba, Young will probably start a few at LB when Shaw is out, Matic first choice CDM, Lingard and Mata regular starters again, not enough goals upfront.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
In my opinion, Spurs will still finish above us. This is one of the best Spurs side in recent memory (when did they last reach CL final and were in contention for PL?). They haven't lost any big players (Kane/Alli/Eriksen yet?) and have plans to replace the few who do leave. They had 1 gaping hole i.e holding mid where they have got a potential WC player (only time will tell though). In any circumstance - Spurs in still a balanced/settled squad unlike us.
They loss a ton in the league and one reason for that is because they couldn’t compete in multiple competitions due to having only a strong first eleven. United can easily take advantage of that as we have a team to compete on multiple fronts. If we beat the last two duds we played last season we would have finished above Spurs, so their team isn’t that great.

I also believe Ali is overrated and I don’t see him as a big player. He is no better than Lingard at the moment as he has declined a lot the last few season. N’Dombele was a great addition, but they need much more than that to be serious contenders for anything.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
They loss a ton in the league and one reason for that is because they couldn’t compete in multiple competitions due to having only a strong first eleven. United can easily take advantage of that as we have a team to compete on multiple fronts. If we beat the last two duds we played last season we would have finished above Spurs, so their team isn’t that great.

I also believe Ali is overrated and I don’t see him as a big player. He is no better than Lingard at the moment as he has declined a lot the last few season. N’Dombele was a great addition, but they need much more than that to be serious contenders for anything.
They lost a ton in the league but still finished comfortably third. For most of the 2nd part of last season - they were in contention (with an outside chance) and could still post a big enough challenge in CL with Kane/Son missing. People underestimate stability/momentum; we know because we took advantage of it. Their squad may not look better than ours on paper but do remember - we have had the most expensive squad over the past 5 years and yet haven't been able to win PL or CL or be even in contention for it. I know if everything falls in place - potentially we can be challenging atleast but it's a big if.

Agree about Alli. Replace with Son.

FutbolFan

Supports
Chelsea
4th by the skin of our nose.

City
Liverpool
Spurs
United
Arsenal
Chelsea

Could possibly be 2-3 points between 4th and 6th. If we can get one more signing over the line by tomorrow could be 3rd.
My lineup too. Hope Chelsea surprises me this year though

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
They lost a ton in the league but still finished comfortably third. For most of the 2nd part of last season - they were in contention (with an outside chance) and could still post a big enough challenge in CL with Kane/Son missing. People underestimate stability/momentum; we know because we took advantage of it. Their squad may not look better than ours on paper but do remember - we have had the most expensive squad over the past 5 years and yet haven't been able to win PL or CL or be even in contention for it. I know if everything falls in place - potentially we can be challenging atleast but it's a big if.

Agree about Alli. Replace with Son.
They finished fourth, 1 points behind Arsenal. Wasn’t too comfortably due to their last few league matches. I feel that at United, the problem is our managers and structure, more than our players. If we hired Pep, Poch, or Klopp in those last five years we would have won or put on a better challenge for the league title as we would have a progressive philosophy and identified the right players. Ole seems like he is finally giving us a structure, but question still remains on his managerial abilities. We will have to see how well he does with that regard this season.

Canagel

6th.

Our defence is potentially top 3 but the midfield is midtable standard only carried by PP to a possible top 4 standard and the attack badly lacks firepower not to forget yet another window we failed to address the RW hole. I could see us making a lot of 0-0 draws and 1-1 draws like Mourinho first season which barely saw us move from 6th place despite going nearly 20 matches unbeaten.

Last edited:

Ranchero

Right now and it looks like another diabolical transfer window Wolves will overtake us. And Everton not far away.

I have us at 7th. Realistically. And if Pogba goes worse.

Hughie77

I'd except 3rd, but want better, and hope we do, don't drop silly points at home especially, beat teams like Wolves, Everton etc.

Giggs86

Buckle up and enjoy the ride, this season is going to the history books. The shambolic transfer window leaves a very pessimistic outlook for things to come. My expectations are to finish in the top 10 and have a decent run in the FA/league cup.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
4th or 5th.

Last season, even with two entirely separate collapses, we finished five points off fourth place. It isn't a particularly big gap to bridge, especially with Chelsea actively going backwards since the season ended. You don't have to be anything special to get 4th.

Zoo

5th. Not enough goals in the team. Hope I’m wrong.

Superunknown

I've predicted 5th and I think that is a fair reflection of where we are as a club.
Defensively, I think we'll be a lot better. Potentially even harder to beat at times when compared to last season. Unfortunately, I think we'll come unstuck when it comes to the other end of the pitch, especially when trying to score goals against teams in the top half of the table.

I think we'll finish 5th, but I don't think we'll miss out by much. Maybe only a couple of points in it. Prediction might be changed if we do get in a last-minute striker or midfielder.

Reactions: Fortitude

VanGaalyTime

I think if Pogba stays fit and we're lucky with injuries we can probably challenge for the top 10. But I'm assuming injuries hit us at some point, Pogba becomes disillusioned, and we finish about 12th with rivals Watford and Brighton closing the gap this season.

manunited1919

Wow, 7 votes for 1. I wish I was that optimistic. Or do they think that City, Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wolves and Leicester will all have massive injury problems all season long?

Irwin99

Wow, I went for 4th and that's despite feeling pretty negative about the lack of a midfielder and striker coming in but I see the mood is worse for some.

MrSingh2002

7th.

Midfields poor for any Premier League squad.

No recognised number 9 in the squad.

Ole to be under serious pressure by xmas.

pauldyson1uk

I dont see us improving, I dont rate him , I never has done, but if we sell Lukaku without buying another striker/forward , we are in trouble this season. Rashford will not last the whole season without injury and that leaves Alexis, Greenwood , Martial and Chong , that is not good enough.
Chong and Greenwood are kids , so is Rashford come to that, so that is Alexis and Martial, I had some confidence about doing OK , but not so sure now, still only top 6 for me and thats it and it.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Let's not forget:
Arsenal's defense is in shambles at the moment. Even if they sign Luiz, I don't think that makes them that much better.
He's on a decline and will find it tough defending against fast opposition and Arsenal find it easy to concede goals quickly sometimes.
Spurs don't have the squad depth required to compete on multiple fronts.
Chelsea has literally become regressive ever since the season finished.

Best case scenario, if we sign another player before tomorrow's deadline would be 3rd and worst-case scenario seems like 5th.

I definitely don't see Chelsea beating us or Arsenal.

I understand the pessimism but we just signed 2 top-class defenders.
Proper protection from the back will at least turn a few losses into draws and a few draws into wins when we conceded last-minute goals that ended the matches as draws instead of wins.

I think we will finish 4th unless Arsenal brings in a couple of decent defenders with a CB most definitely. In which case we could finish 5th.

As much as Everton or Wolves have improved, let's not forget that the 2 defenders we signed will hopefully not allow as many goals being conceded as we did last year.
Secondly, now we will play an attacking game right from the get-go unlike the last season when we started the season with Mourinho's defensive approach.

Hence I see Martial & Rashford doing much better. PP being given much more freedom. McT stepping up well.
And I also like the style that Greenwood will add to our game. Players will find it hard to defend against him as his movement is unpredictable.

Personally, I also think Sanchez will have a point to prove and definitely see him doing more with Ole's style of play as compared to Mourinho's.
By the time he would get the ball at his feet he already had almost half the opposition behind the ball which won't be the case that often, this season.

Shiva87

I'm tempted to chose 2nd. If we win the first 4-5 games, it's a big possibility.

There is a lot depending on the next few weeks. I'm really hoping this goes well.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
And might I add,
Everton lost Zouma who was integral for them while Leicester lost Maguire.
These moves will have effects on the teams and they will find it tough to stop goals sometimes.
Those 'sometimes', even if a couple games in a whole season, can change the picture drastically.
Just look at how us, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs were battling for 3/4th positions end of last season.
I'm sure AWB & Maguire would've helped turn a few results in our favour and made a huge difference in terms of getting a CL spot (or not).

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
With our new defence, which I now reckon is top draw, we should be much tougher to score against. Our position largely depends on how prolific our scoring is.

Arsenal and Chelsea look like they’ll have some struggles of their own so as long as we actually capitalise in that we could get up to 3rd.

Still think City and Liverpool will be out of reach but illl try and be optimistic. I think 4th.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
7th - too many 0-0 draws will kill us like the first Mourniho season, and I think one of our rivals for the Europa places will do enough to finish above us; Everton maybe most likely, particularly if they get Zaha?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Torn between 3rd and 4th.

I think we'll nip some of those draws in the bud this season, but my hope is a few conversions into wins.

Expect to see a rapid increase in clean sheets too.

Call me deluded or an optimist, but if Ole is not using full-strength teams in the EL, I think our strongest XI can definitely compete for a top 4 finish.

De Gea, AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, McTominay, Pogba, James, Lingard, Martial, Rashford...it's got some potential. Certainly a CM and AM at a minimum away from touching Liverpool and City from a first team perspective, but big question marks on our forward line too.

I think Rashford and Martial starting the season together as first choice will do them a world of good, rather than being shunted around and being benched regularly as they were under Moaner, which clearly set the tone for their output.

MrSingh2002

Most voted answer is 5th.

More people think we will finish 6th than 3rd or 4th.

Show that shit to the media and Ed might actually do something. Seems to only care what the media think.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Unless we pull out a stunning transfer announcement in these last remaining hours I predict 7th. I think we will start well but eventually fade away as our squad weaknesses come to show.

Without a major striker I do not see where the goals are coming from to mount a top 4 challenge.

RedDevilRoshi

Most voted answer is 5th.

More people think we will finish 6th than 3rd or 4th.

Show that shit to the media and Ed might actually do something. Seems to only care what the media think.

Don’t think it will matter to him that much. We will still sell shirts in Asia.