Predict our final position - 19/20 season (Poll added)

Predict United's final position

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roboc7

6th again, Chelsea to drop out of top 6 but think Leicester will finish above us. We should concede less goals but will still be a low scoring team and aside from Pogba our midfielders aren’t even top half players.

marktan

6th. Could leapfrog arsenal but could get leapfrogged by one of the leceisters, wolves evertons etc.

EireRed_GS

If we miraculously get a CM by the window closes - good chance of 4th

without a decent CM - fighting for 6th again

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
6th again like I predicted last year. Our transfer window has been OK, it's just not enough to catch up because there's still too many holes in the starting 11.

Nogbadthebad

4th.

On the surface, we have less goals in us now, but I think we have, as a unit of 5, probably the best defense in the league, so will need less goals to win games

We used to do really well with Cantona scoring and us winning one nil. I think this team will be a bit like that.

fps

4th.

On the surface, we have less goals in us now, but I think we have, as a unit of 5, probably the best defense in the league, so will need less goals to win games

We used to do really well with Cantona scoring and us winning one nil. I think this team will be a bit like that.
Yeah this sums up what I currently feel. I think some of those players will have improved since last season and are fitter, and the signings will tighten the defence. We were in the running for 4th last year despite a terrible season.

mav_9me

We will be 8th when Ole resigns/asked to leave. With new manager will rally and end in 6th. That's my prediction. Deja vu.

Matson

Not much optimism. Match day threads will make for fun reading. I really think we can get third. If we can show the form we had when Ole first took over and not fall off drastically like we did i feel third place is possible.

reddevil702

4th potentially 3rd if we can 15+ league goals from Martial and Rashford. We weren't far off last year and we had the worst final month possible. We're in a better position going into the season than Arsenal and Chelsea and the hype over Leicester and Wolves is overblown.

Angelinho

5th - below Arsenal but above Chelsea.

I dont see a threat from below, Leicester haven't replaced Maguire, leaving Morgan as a probable 1st choice CB, with Soyuncu & Benkovic as back up. Wolves will find it tougher this season what with being in the Europa League.

RedDevilRoshi

I’m going for either 4th or 5th. Think it’s between us and Arsenal for that final CL position. Arsenal have a shit defence and haven’t strengthened it whilst you could say the same about our midfield. Will come down to who is more consistent.

Paul InceUlt

Last season we were somewhat on fire from start, but imploded in the second half. Hopefully our current fitnesslevel will enable us to keep it going to the final whistle.
I recon 3rd!

nameischarles

I was going to vote 4th but went with the same option and voted 5th. We are one Pogba injury away and the quality of our midfield will be exposed.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
6th to 8th

I feel sorry for people who genuinely think Maguire, AWB and James will push the needle for us

Our midfield and attack is 10th place standard

Green_Red

33/1 to win the league I seen on a betting site... definitely worth a score.

Drawfull

Despite being shite for 2/3 of last season we almost scraped fourth - we should've got fourth. And that included our main striker being fecking terrible.

We will get second, third at worst. Depends on 'pool

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
4th. I think it's a poor state but we're lucky that

A. Arsenal just don't spend enough in general
B. Chelsea have a transfer ban

I was really expecting pushing 3rd and a foundation being built this season but with no attacking improvements, a fight for 4th which I expect we'll achieve.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
3rd. I just can’t see how Arsenal (5th), Spurs (4th) and Chelsea (8th) will finish above us

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
So Ole will finish above Poch?
Depends on what happens in the remaining transfer window. If Poch doesn’t get a combination of Lo Celso/Bruno and Coutinho to replace Eriksen, then I believe Ole would finish on top. If Poch keeps Eriksen and get Lo Celso/Bruno/Coutinho, it would be difficult for Ole to finish above him aswell. However, If Poch just get Lo Celso/Bruno/Countinho to replace Eriksen, which I assume will happen then Ole will finish above. Poch didn’t address the squad depth issue and just replace one of their best players with a less talented footballer. They have become weaker even with N’Dombele in midfield.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
5th - we'll be off 4th by a few points if we get a few injuries, and will just about make 4th if everything goes our way.

Bogga

Liverpool, City and Spurs will all finish above us... we'll be fighting for that 4th spot with Chelsea and Arse.
We might have strengthened the defense, but the reason we finished 6th last season wasn't because of a leaky defense. I think it was because we simply couldn't score enough because of lack of creativity upfront and lack of composure and we still haven't strengthened that area.

I hope I'm wrong, but I predict a crappy 5th... a few points behind 4th

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
Why not? They lost a more than 1:3 last season.
Was a tongue-in-cheek to reply to our resident Poch fan. I think United will be lower than Spurs though - we're much more unstable over the last 2-3 years (actually more). Last window when Spurs signed no one, people expected the same.

Depends on what happens in the remaining transfer window. If Poch doesn’t get a combination of Lo Celso/Bruno and Coutinho to replace Eriksen, then I believe Ole would finish on top. If Poch keeps Eriksen and get Lo Celso/Bruno/Coutinho, it would be difficult for Ole to finish above him aswell. However, If Poch just get Lo Celso/Bruno/Countinho to replace Eriksen, which I assume will happen then Ole will finish above. Poch didn’t address the squad depth issue and just replace one of their best players with a less talented footballer. They have become weaker even with N’Dombele in midfield.
In my opinion, Spurs will still finish above us. This is one of the best Spurs side in recent memory (when did they last reach CL final and were in contention for PL?). They haven't lost any big players (Kane/Alli/Eriksen yet?) and have plans to replace the few who do leave. They had 1 gaping hole i.e holding mid where they have got a potential WC player (only time will tell though). In any circumstance - Spurs in still a balanced/settled squad unlike us.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
5th, unless Pogba gets injured, in which case we're going down.

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
Six people so far think that with a worse midfield and forward line than last season that United are going to overturn a 32-point gap to Man City, who have strengthened their midfield.

I admire that type of completely baseless, blind optimism.