Premier League Festive Season

AshRK

Hey let us look at the positive, at least we will remain 5th for a while.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Liverpool do like a moan about their injuries, but their first 11 is basically untouched isn’t it? Fabinho is maybe the only nailed on starter they’re missing?

Paul_Scholes18

Liverpool do like a moan about their injuries, but their first 11 is basically untouched isn’t it? Fabinho is maybe the only nailed on starter they’re missing?
Yes this is pretty much the first team. They have been blessed with few injuries for a long time. I guess they have got greedy.

AshRK

In fact, I'm going to put money on them winning the treble this season
The only thing to prevent that from happening is the fact that Klopp doesn't take domestic competitions seriously. Arsenal fans should be more worried about their invincible record.

Paul_Scholes18

They will piss the champions league this season. There's no other stand out side in it.
Real or PSG will stop them I think if they play each other. Napoli already did it too remember and PSG dominated them totally last year in the groups. City could stop them too if they get past Real although I think Real will win that one. Bayern, Barca and Juventus got the potential to match them too although not trusting the managers to get things right, but they could do it. Barca had the game last year, but gifted it away.

Hulksmash

Liverpool doesn't even care for the champions league. Some fans I know wouldn't even be bothered to go out early just to secure the league

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Real or PSG will stop them I think if they play each other. Napoli already did it too remember and PSG dominated them totally last year in the groups. City could stop them too if they get past Real although I think Real will win that one. Bayern, Barca and Juventus got the potential to match them too although not trusting the managers to get things right, but they could do it. Barca had the game last year, but gifted it away.
But that's the thing isn't it. Psychologically all these sides saw the 'magical night at Anfield' last season and none of them will feel safe even taking a 3 goal lead there.

We used to benefit from the 'they always score' stuff. Teams would shit it if we pulled a goal back.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
But that's the thing isn't it. Psychologically all these sides saw the 'magical night at Anfield' last season and none of them will feel safe even taking a 3 goal lead there.

We used to benefit from the 'they always score' stuff. Teams would shit it if we pulled a goal back.
Not sure. Barca couldn’t have been more arrogant if they tried. Served them right tbh

GaryLifo

Still amazed nobody has thought to stick a man on Van Dijk to stop him being the start point for every single attack

MysticRed

Supports
Liverpool
Don’t remember PSG being that dominant. We won at Anfield and they beat us at theirs.

Paul_Scholes18

Real are winners too so Liverpool will fear them as much as the other way around.
PSG has bottled it many times before so they might do it again against Pool I guess.
Although having Neymar playing might actually lift them for these games and Navas in goal
Maybe bench Silva and Veratti for those games too since they are often crap when it matters.

AshRK

Still amazed nobody has thought to stick a man on Van Dijk to stop him being the start point for every single attack
The issue with that is VVD is very quick and physical so he manages to dispossess his opponent an done other I have noticed refs tend to give most of the 50-50 decision in favour of him when he is dispossessed.

GaryLifo

The issue with that is VVD is very quick and physical so he manages to dispossess his opponent an done other I have noticed refs tend to give most of the 50-50 decision in favour of him when he is dispossessed.
I get that. I'm talking about putting a man marker on him so he isn't a passing option across the back line. You watch how often they use him as an outlet. I'd also get someone on one of the full backs as well

mwake

Supports
Liverpool
My word VVD with an amazing centre of the pitch tackle, that man is beast....seems to play at times at first gear but when needed to fires up and deals with dangerous situations.

Paul_Scholes18

Gomez has made this Liverpool defense much stronger. They are not conceding any goals since he started playing again.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Firmino has declined a lot this season. He looks mediocre every time I’ve watched him play.

People would be talking about it more if Liverpool wasn’t running away with the league.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not to rub salt into any cavaties, but I only just saw Pool has only dropped points once the whole season? Feck me.

TheLiverBird

Liverpool doesn't even care for the champions league. Some fans I know wouldn't even be bothered to go out early just to secure the league
The Leagues wrapped up

Champions League on the bounce is definitely a desire for the many

Josh 76

Not so sure about that now.
With the the PL in the bag, surely that trophy alone will feel like a come down.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I get that. I'm talking about putting a man marker on him so he isn't a passing option across the back line. You watch how often they use him as an outlet. I'd also get someone on one of the full backs as well
We'd rip it up if teams start marking the back four rather than further forward.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Being far too cute for our own good during counter attacks, should've made more out of some of them. We're also missing a creative midfielder now that both Ox and Keita are out, so we mostly end up putting shit crosses in the box from bad positions. Some great runs by Salah, TAA and Robertson not spotted in time either.

Luckily Sheffield look like dogshit.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Firmino has declined a lot this season. He looks mediocre every time I’ve watched him play.

People would be talking about it more if Liverpool wasn’t running away with the league.
He was in top form for the first couple of months.

Been blowing hot and cold for a while though.

GaryLifo

Beglin is such a patronising cnut
Wait until they win it and bring all the horrors of yesteryear out on the pitch as part of the celebrations.

Ablett, McMahon, Barnes, Wierdo beardo, Aldridge, Rush, Hansen, Lawrenson, KKK.

They will all be there, sharing in the 6 month long media wank fest that's coming our way.

Praying for an alien ufo visitation the day they're due to get the trophy just to temper it all by 5%

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool

He has good and bad patches. He simply hasn’t been consistent.
He saved Liverpool in the CWC though.

Quite a slow game so far, our attack is too sloppy today. If it were a better team we’d be struggling.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
How fecking gash are Longball FC?

Mediocre football inexplicably dressed up as something more noble. Horrendous game of football on show tonight. The Anfield crowd sounds like they’re watching their nan’s post-mortem, too. Like a morgue there tonight instead of a team chasing a title.

Paul_Scholes18

At the moment Ole is the worst performing manager in the league given the squad and resources he got.

You can say Farke and Howe competing with him, but they got really weak sides with little budget.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Wait until they win it and bring all the horrors of yesteryear out on the pitch as part of the celebrations.

They will all be there, sharing in the 6 month long media wank fest that's coming our way.

Praying for an alien ufo visitation the day they're due to get the trophy just to temper it all by 5%

Rumours Gerrard will miss a Rangers game to come to Anfield in full kit for the celebrations.

fergiesarmy1

You can’t even win your first title in 3 decades right, it’s supposed to be edge of your seat squeaky bum nail biting time fretting about how it can all go wrong only for to win it gloriously as home with a 30 yard screamer arms and limbs everywhere, mayhem, scenes of rapture and delight, tears and joy.

Your gonna win it in Feb, get the trophy in May and no one apart from Liverpool fans are gonna give a shit by then cause you been champions for 3 months.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool

Gary ablett is dead mate. 8 years ago almost to the day.