Premier League Festive Season

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
At the moment Ole is the worst performing manager in the league given the squad and resources he got.

You can say Farke and Howe competing with him, but they got really weak sides with little budget.
Do you mean a squad which was reduced to bare bones in the summer and a net spend of 70 million as resources?

Pep is the worst performing manager this season using those two criteria. He's got the best squad and unlimited funding and is 16 points off the top.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Only 2 fouls in the entire first half. Arent they called the blades? More like the fecking, I dunno, lillies?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Only 2 fouls in the entire first half. Arent they called the blades? More like the fecking, I dunno, lillies?
Liverpool committed half a dozen. Thre referee only gave one though. He was clearly so in awe of how awesome they are he 'forgot' to whistle

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool
We
How fecking gash are Longball FC?

Mediocre football inexplicably dressed up as something more noble. Horrendous game of football on show tonight. The Anfield crowd sounds like they’re watching their nan’s post-mortem, too. Like a morgue there tonight instead of a team chasing a title.
we couldnt care less mate. Playing pretty football doesnt always win you titles. We were better performers last year and all we did was leave with a sour taste in our mouths.
Ferguson didnt always win it by playing pretty too. All we care is bringing it home.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I’ve asked this before but how often do Liverpool players get away with overly-aggressive pressing? Earlier, they even got a corner from Mane fouling one of the Sheffield United defenders by pushing him in the back whilst ‘attempting’ to win the ball. It’s absurd. Robertson regularly does it also and it’s never picked up by the referees.

Absolute cheating wankers.

MrVolley

28 wins in 29 games.
What is this sorcery?

The fecks are still running like their lives depend on it.
As punishment we should send our squad to Anfield to show them what hard graft is.

ShinjiNinja26

I am so glad I do not have Sky Sports so can miss any celebrations they will have.
I wouldn’t be too glad, it wont just be Sky sports, it’s gonna be plastered about everywhere..I’d suggest moving to a remote island somewhere with no access to internet, tv and newspapers for a few months to really be safe.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I wouldn’t be too glad, it wont just be Sky sports, it’s gonna be plastered about everywhere..I’d suggest moving to a remote island somewhere with no access to internet, tv and newspapers for a few months to really be safe.
I can avoid it. I don't buy newspapers, I will just listen to music on the radio. As long as Jordan Henderson doesn't win England the Euros.

Josh 76

28 wins in 29 games.
What is this sorcery?

The fecks are still running like their lives depend on it.
As punishment we should send our squad to Anfield to show them what hard graft is.
They are playing for records now. Klopp wants to make a statement. These lot will play like this even after they win the league in March.

MrVolley

They are playing for records now. Klopp wants to make a statement. These lot will play like this even after they win the league in March.
I reckon so.

1000 passes. :eek: That's probably 4x the number we managed yesterday.

We're going to need a miracle to get anywhere under Ole

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Sheffield were embarassing. The sides from mexico and brazil tried much harder to beat Liverpool, Shieffield looked like they were defending their 0-2 scoreline. They werent even aggressive or commited fouls

Josh 76

When they won the CL, I cancelled all my sports packages, never listened to any sports radio channels and luckily I'm not on any social media. (I didn't even come on Red cafe for 2 months). It was easy to avoid to be honest.
I didn't even know Utd had signed AWB until a couple of weeks before the season started.
It needed to be done. I watched a lot of Netflex though.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
You can’t even win your first title in 3 decades right, it’s supposed to be edge of your seat squeaky bum nail biting time fretting about how it can all go wrong only for to win it gloriously as home with a 30 yard screamer arms and limbs everywhere, mayhem, scenes of rapture and delight, tears and joy.

Your gonna win it in Feb, get the trophy in May and no one apart from Liverpool fans are gonna give a shit by then cause you been champions for 3 months.
Oof. :lol: :lol:

always_hoping

I doubt it, Klopp going with his strongest possible teams at the moment but I reckon he'll rest players once the Premier league is officially won late March or early April and all his focus will be on retaining the champion league then.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Sheffield were embarassing. The sides from mexico and brazil tried much harder to beat Liverpool, Shieffield looked like they were defending their 0-2 scoreline. They werent even aggressive or commited fouls
They probably calculated it as a defeat anyway and felt it'd be better to save energy and don't risk injuries.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Is that a record? What is the record?
Not sure what the total number of passes was tonight but when we got to 823, BT Sport said it the most number of passes by one team in the Premier League era

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I’ve asked this before but how often do Liverpool players get away with overly-aggressive pressing? Earlier, they even got a corner from Mane fouling one of the Sheffield United defenders by pushing him in the back whilst ‘attempting’ to win the ball. It’s absurd. Robertson regularly does it also and it’s never picked up by the referees.
You are right. We are completely over the top on pressing. Very aggressive and too quick to the ball. We get to the loose balls and usually win the challenges in the air by our over aggressive play. It’s just so unfair.

IrishRedDevil

970 passes attempted, but 874 were successfully completed.

They are 4th on the PL record list.

- Man City: 942 vs. Swansea (2018)⠀
- Man City: 905 vs. Everton (2018)⠀
- Man City: 902 vs. Chelsea (2018)⠀
- Liverpool: 874 vs. Sheff Utd (2020)⠀