Premier League Fixtures 16th - 23rd

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's the right decision. Blame the rule, but the moment Mings decide to control the ball, Rodri's initial offside position doesn't matter anymore. That's how the rule works

Mings fecked up

Zoo

Mings is shit though, Dean Smith should be looking to upgrade on him as the rest of their defence and keeper are good.

Delano

Peter Walton is an utter fecking tool. He has one job, he finally has the floor to give an opinion on something contentious and guess what? He fecks up. Clown.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hahahaha the BT ref trying to excuse it!

that is not how the rule is meant to be implied.

chesting the ball down isn’t playing the ball. The Idiots. It’s supposed to stop you back passing the ball not trying to control it.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Rodri is literally just jogging back making no attempt to challenge until Mings touches the ball. Correct decision.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
fecking we need Martial in the goal keeper box, dropping back and accidentally bumping in to defender every 5 minutes.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
"Supports city"

Checks out.
Yeah I take it back actually, the way he is jogging back towards Mings (even if it's not because he wants to attack the ball) could already be deemed as gaining advantage. However, the fact that he tackles him is totally OK I would say, it's more that he is jogging back until Mings does not have the ball.

cyberman

Cit
To be honest our current campaign feels like abit of a grind. Hopefully we put on a show and win in style tonight. :devil:
City are being judged very weirdly imo. The Palace result is few and far between. Its games like these, West Brom, Brighton thats common and fits in to how they were playing pre winning streak but fans and pundits are acting as if its 100 point City again and theyve woken up to a title charge

PoTMS

Mings is a fecking idiot, regardless. He literally looks at Rodri just before he attempts to control the ball. Surely one of his teammates gives him a shout to just get rid of it.

slored1

Reminds me of that Nani goal vs Tottenham. Everyone knew he was offside then, so where's the outrage now? Commentators still defending the decision and so is Walton. Terrible refereeing.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I’m confused, Mings poor control was contributed by the fact he was worrying about the player behind him? Therefore he’s affecting play?

Chairman Steve

Are BT going apeshit with the analysis on that first goal? I swear if it was Utd, they’d be playing a replay of the potential offsite in every break in play for the entire game and dedicate HT and FT to it. The goal could be some fecking 40 yard overhead goal of the season but they’ll scrutinise the feck out of that offside.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
At what point would Rhodri no longer be considered 'offside'? Genuinely curious
The moment Mings makes a deliberate play - attempting to control the ball with his chest. Since Rodri does not interfere with that, offside is reset and at that point Rodri is free to challenge for the ball after Mings fecks up his chest control

sidsutton

the rule of waiting an eternity to raise the offside flag doesn't help. Just stick the flag up, play stops and we continue. Keeping the flag down almost obliges the defender to play and then you say he phase of play resets? Quite silly.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How isn't it?
Playing the ball isn’t controlling it. It’s common sense.

if mings brings the ball down and plays it back to the keeper then fair enough - but you can’t go robbing players from behind while standing in an offside position.

why don’t strikers just stand goal side and wait for the defenders to control it then? It makes zero sense at all.

you see that given offside 999/1000 times, they’ve messed up massively.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
It's the right decision. Blame the rule, but the moment Mings decide to control the ball, Rodri's initial offside position doesn't matter anymore. That's how the rule works

Mings fecked up
I disagree. I think as soon as the ball is going in the direction of Rodri the offside flag has to go up.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The moment Mings makes a deliberate play - attempting to control the ball with his chest. Since Rodri does not interfere with that, offside is reset and at that point Rodri is free to challenge for the ball after Mings fecks up his chest control
Yes correct.

Red & White

They’ll no doubt come out with some bizarre explanation for that to cover up the poor officiating but that has to be offside. Even if you go down the second phase route, he becomes active as soon as he attempts to tackle Mings, so the offside should then be given. How many time do you see a linesman not flag and then as soon as a player attempts to play the ball the flag goes up.

Very odd that no one gives it and it’s not even checked by VAR.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
They make the rules up as they go along these days

Joke of a decision, one of the worst I've ever seen