Premier League Fixtures 16th - 23rd

Cpt Negative

Listened to it on the radio and read the comments here expecting an shocker of a challenge.

harsh red for me

diarm

Its a bit stupid isn’t it. The ref is forced to make a split decision and then someone else has to tell him he might have made a mistake and needs to look again.

Would be so much easier to blow for a foul and just go straight over to the monitor without the pressure of already having shown a red. It would probably be even quicker than it is now.
I totally agree. With modern tech they could have a small screen on them to make it even quicker.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Why is Azpilicueta getting more shade than Robinson on here? It's not his fault he gets completely poleaxed. Save your ire for the players who scream when they get barely touched.

TheReligion

Abusive
Why is Azpilicueta getting more shade than Robinson on here? It's not his fault he gets completely poleaxed. Save your ire for the players who scream when they get barely touched.
I don't think he was touched really although the challenge was reckless and dangerous hence the red.

Djemba-Djemba

I don't think it was an absolute horror tackle but Fulham can't complain about it being given a red card.

Was stupid and reckless.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Such a brainless tackle.

Pissed away any chance of a point for his team in exchange for his little moment of being a hardman.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The flying foot didn’t connect with Azpilicueta, but the intent was there to break legs, so it was a clear red. That sort of challenge just shouldn’t be in football or more players like Souness or Revie’s Leeds will spring up, and I love a good old studs down ball and man cruncher.

Oh and did anyone notice that 8 year old looking wannabe hard man Mount go in to confront Robinson? What an irritating moment and guy.
How do you know his ‘intent’ was to break his leg? If you really want to do that there are far easier ways

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I think the concern is you need Fulham to go down to ten to look like you'll get anything from the game and you seem okay with that..
Who is ok with it, we've spent big money and should be much better. If Lampard doesn't turn it around someone else will. Posted as much in other thread.

Mr A will be choking on his Borscht watching that half. If we get 3 points that is what matters though. Time to sort the rest out.

Let's also see how OGS gets on if Utd don't get another 42 pens in next 115 games eh?

mav_9me

That's 100% a red card. I don't care if he got the Azpi or not. That was completely reckless, no control, studs showing.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Some people have this concept that a red is deserved only if there is a full on contact. I think that's mad and it's been a long long time this way of refereeing is gone

Djemba-Djemba

If he was trying to make a goal saving challenge then you could maybe understand it.

But it's Azipulcuete on the ball deep into Chelsea's half. There's no danger at all

Why's he flying into such a stupid tackle there?

TheReligion

Abusive
Who is ok with it, we've spent big money and should be much better. If Lampard doesn't turn it around someone else will. Posted as much in other thread.

Mr A will be choking on his Borscht watching that half. If we get 3 points that is what matters though. Time to sort the rest out.

Let's also see how OGS gets on if Utd don't get another 42 pens in next 115 games eh?
5/10. Must try harder.

Djemba-Djemba

:lol: :houllier:

Feed Me

I'm hungry

:lol:

You mad, bro?

Sylar

Should be red for the challenge
And yellow for the reaction

Dan_F

I’m not saying it wasn’t worth a red, because it was clearly wild. I think that can be argued either way. Poleaxed though? Nah, sorry, there was barely contact. He was also holding his upper shin, when the contact was clearly nowhere near that.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Fulham is still pressing high like they actually still want to win this.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It was risky bringing in so many players and changing the team so much without a full / normal preseason. Lampard doesn't know his best team yet and he's 20+ games into the season, that's not good.

Djemba-Djemba

It was risky bringing in so many players and changing the team so much without a full / normal preseason. Lampard doesn't know his best team yet and he's 20+ games into the season, that's not good.
That's a good point about the no preseason bit that' I'd not really thought of.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Legit seems to be no attacking plan with Chelsea.

What football style is Lampard trying to play?
Things looked so promising after the Sevilla and Leeds then but since then it's been a total collapse.

Luckily we're a club who will actually do something about this.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Now that Fulham are down to 10 men, maybe our manager will finally have the balls to drop a central midfielder and play 4231 with Pulisic, Ziyech and CHO behind Giroud. Doubt it, but it would be great.
How silly of me to think Lampard would make the easy decision to push for this game? Silly me.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Chelsea don't look like scoring with or without the extra man.

They're arguably worse than they were 18 months ago when Lamps first took charge, which is crazy given how much has been invested in the team since then.

Have to wonder how long Roman plans to stand for this.