Premier League Fixtures (21/22 February 2015)

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
The lesson could also be that things can turn around quickly. Things are looking shitty for us at the moment, but it might be the case for us as well.
There's the small matter of the Europa League (and Champions League for Arsenal) for our competitors to worry about too. I'm pretty pissed that we're relying on them to feck up rather than worry about ourselves but at least that's some consolation.

Asger

Two months ago Liverpool were on the brink. Out of the CL, beaten 3-0 at Old Trafford amongst the other shocking results and performances. Now they've found their style again, are resilient and back scoring. Only 2 points behind when at one stage they were 10. I'm not confident.
Like United they have been lucky in many matches. But of course that is not news for the media. They would never have won today if the referee would have done his job.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
That's my prediction of how the final standings will look.

United have let a 10 point lead over Liverpool be dwindled down to two.

Shows how much of a straw man that run of two defeats in 19 has been.
That straw man is a big part of the reason why we're in a CL spot with 2/3 of the season gone. The negativity in here never ceases to amaze...

Feed Me

I'm hungry
That straw man is a big part of the reason why we're in a CL spot with 2/3 of the season gone. The negativity in here never ceases to amaze...
Sorry, but some of our dropped points have been really poor.

We drew against a ten man Villa team ffs!

2 defeats in 20, but way too many draws.

Boycott

I think one has to concede that Rodgers is turning into a very good manager. He's certainly turned it around again...
Yes. He's made big calls. He has flaws - everyone does. People on here tend to magnify the flaws so much but just for a comparison point, will brush over the failures Van Gaal's had. Rodgers has an ethos but it's not tied down to one way of playing. He's the first Liverpool manager in years who strikes that he knows what to do to get them back up. Even Benitez ran out of ideas. Rodgers is young enough to learn from these mistakes and sadly they are on the up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
All things considered … after our depressing performance on Saturday, that weekend could have ended gone a lot worse!
Irony?
Or that at least Tottenham didn't win too!

Or perhaps we didn't play appallingly and lose 20-1, instead of a decent performance sucker punched by a ridiculous break away deflected goal?

JUPITER

:lol: Liverpool fans sat in 6th talking about how 'Rodgers has turned it around'...

This time last season they were sat above Chelsea and talking of winning the league, and now they're 15 points off Chelsea and getting giddy that they *might* finish in the top 4.

Yeah, he's turned it around alright...

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
A lot of bed-wetters on here.

Imagine the negativity if we had a deficit to close, like, you know, the teams below us.

We're still in the box seat and I'm not reading much into fixtures as the close of the season can be mental for points won and dropped (especially with Europe).

And Liverpool won't have Kevin Friend handing them wins every week either!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
it's hard to put a positive slant on it when Arsenal and Liverpool are in pretty good form, we're appalling away, don't seem to have any fluency as late as mid Feb, and are looking at a run in with City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal,Tottenham, and no doubt Everton away will be as tough as usual, even in their struggles.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
:lol: Liverpool fans sat in 6th talking about how 'Rodgers has turned it around'...

This time last season they were sat above Chelsea and talking of winning the league, and now they're 15 points off Chelsea and getting giddy that they *might* finish in the top 4.

Yeah, he's turned it around alright...
That's actually quite a good way of looking at it.

prateik

Whats up with the tagline? :lol:

It wont be that bad but 4th doesnt look likely right now, that's true.
City - Barca in the CL a couple of years back. I said I wanted City to win because Barca were being boring.

And it will be that bad.. Both these teams are better than us.. and we arent showing any signs of getting better.

Mali_Zeus

City - Barca in the CL a couple of years back. I said I wanted City to win because Barca were being boring.

And it will be that bad.. Both these teams are better than us.. and we arent showing any signs of getting better.
I expect Southampton to go out of the battle for 4th. And I expect Spurs to do a Spurs. Not that it will help us if we dont improve.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Just heard Le Saux saying he felt Mignolet did handle outside the area and that it should have been a penalty and red card...

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Liverpool have creeped right back from the brink and suddenly they look good for a top 4 spot again,

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Like United they have been lucky in many matches. But of course that is not news for the media. They would never have won today if the referee would have done his job.
Only unbeaten team in the PL in 2015, and 5 clean sheets in a row away from home.

Not sure you can call that luck.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
We were only really lucky against this lot and Leicester. We've been the better team in our other matches.

SqueakyWeasel

Irony?
Or that at least Tottenham didn't win too!

Or perhaps we didn't play appallingly and lose 20-1, instead of a decent performance sucker punched by a ridiculous break away deflected goal?
This place is amazing! All the negativity on here and you target my "positive from a negative" post for a sarcastic reaction?
BTW: You are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that, so if you're seriously suggesting I should be more happy with our losing performance Saturday at an under-strength Swansea then I'd better point out … no, it wasn't irony, sorry!

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
BR: "We were not fortunate. Friend got all the decisions correct."

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This place is amazing! All the negativity on here and you target my "positive from a negative" post for a sarcastic reaction?
BTW: You are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that, so if you're seriously suggesting I should be more happy with our losing performance Saturday at an under-strength Swansea then I'd better point out … no, it wasn't irony, sorry!
sorry pal, good work trying to lift the mood.
But it couldn't really have gone much worse could it?

However, gameweek 27 is another weekend!

Asger

We were only really lucky against this lot and Leicester. We've been the better team in our other matches.
Also lucky against Bolton in FA Cup, late penalty against Besiktas.. :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
BR: "We were not fortunate. Friend got all the decisions correct."

Some at the club needs to create a montage of all this man's nonsense, of the dubious one fist in the air salute, interspersed with Sturridge's dancing and "pointing to the sky" when he comes on.

And then play it repeatedly before our players for hours.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Also lucky against Bolton in FA Cup, late penalty against Besiktas.. :)
Was talking about league matches only.

We were the much better team against Bolton and the penalty against Besiktas was a deserved one so I'm not sure how that's lucky. The referees making correct decisions surely isn't luck?

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
here is the quote from the BBC, Brendan Rodgers
"The player has gone over far too easy, no way that was a penalty. I thought referee Kevin Friend was excellent and I think all his decisions were right."

Asger

Was talking about league matches only.

We were the much better team against Bolton and the penalty against Besiktas was a deserved one so I'm not sure how that's lucky. The referees making correct decisions surely isn't luck?
Should have said lucky with late goals.

Jonno

Liverpool did very well today, they had luck with some of the decisions but they played well. They are hitting decent form. United and Southampton are the teams out of form with Arsenal and Liverpool bang in form. A worrying end to the season to come but United surely will improve. Surely. Maybe.

SqueakyWeasel

here is the quote from the BBC, Brendan Rodgers
"The player has gone over far too easy, no way that was a penalty. I thought referee Kevin Friend was excellent and I think all his decisions were right."
Surely having any sort of opinion when commenting about a ref's performance indicates that they could have been something other than "fair". Positive comments are just as much a question of the officials credibility as negative comments surely.

He said fishing!