g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Game week 5

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
With Laporte and Sane out for basically the whole season (yeah they'll maybe have some appearances before the end, but realistically they won't be of any use this season), really think its Liverpools to lose.

SharpshooterTom

Liverpool have won 14 in a row.

Surely they're going to drop points themselves at some point? Haven't done so since Everton in early March.

Sylar

With Laporte and Sane out for basically the whole season (yeah they'll maybe have some appearances before the end, but realistically they won't be of any use this season), really think its Liverpools to lose.
Yeah unless they pick up one or two injuries, like to vvd and Mane.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Points in September are not worth more than points in March. Look, you can’t win the league in the fall but you can bloody well lose it. Every match is a dog fight for the title, that’s the mentality you need to have.

I genuinely don’t understand how some of you don’t see it that way - last season the gap was 1 point and liverpool are sprinting out of the blocks this year as well. Duh!
They won't be sprinting all year.

Both sides have too much quality for the race to be over in September so can everyone stop being drama queens?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Points in September are not worth more than points in March. Look, you can’t win the league in the fall but you can bloody well lose it. Every match is a dog fight for the title, that’s the mentality you need to have.

I genuinely don’t understand how some of you don’t see it that way - last season the gap was 1 point and liverpool are sprinting out of the blocks this year as well. Duh!
Things may take a turn for the worse if they hit an injury crisis, which they have managed to somehow escape for the last two years.

They're due one, let's put it that away.

Charlie Foley

So who will you be cheering for when United play City?
To be fair he’ll also be cheering for united against Liverpool. Realistically we all hope we’ll get points in all 4 games against them and the rest of the results will stop liverpool winning the league

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just seen the score. City handing Pool the title.

Hoping City get a draw at least.

Lee565

This beundia player for Norwich is really damn good, he looked brilliant in the championship last season and looks just as good in the premier league so far, if he keeps this up over the season the I hope United dont spunk 80-90 million on maddison just for being british and go with this lad instead.

Guy Incognito

I get that but it's not how you start a season, it's how you end it. I've seen very little to suggest Liverpool will sustain a winning run (Norwich weren't too bad against them at Anfield), and all champions (yes, even the 'centurions' City, or whatever they call themselves now) have a blip.

The onus is on City and who are we to doubt St Pep when he clawed a 7-point gap from Liverpool last season?

You also forget Liverpool head off to Qatar in December and that'll mean fixture clashes.

SirAF

Ageist

Both sides have too much quality for the race to be over in September so can everyone stop being drama queens?
Thy almost did last year.

Let it be known that I warned you, at least! :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This beundia player for Norwich is really damn good, he looked brilliant in the championship last season and looks just as good in the premier league so far, if he keeps this up over the season the I hope United dont spunk 80-90 million on maddison just for being british and go with this lad instead.
We should also keep an eye on Cantwell

padr81

Supports
Man City
That break summed us up today, hesitant when the chance is on, poor passing, complete lack of killer instinct except in front of our own goal.

Traub

At least City delayed it by a year, so that we could come to terms with it

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They were 7 points clear of City last season with a game in hand too
Won't happen two seasons in a row. Their key players also don't get injured much. Unlike KDB, Laporte etc. Anyway, I reconciled with it last year

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
That Amadou guy has been very impressive. Much better than that dude who was letting every ball in against Liverpool.

Game changer.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
It just feels like City can’t get a result here. Every Norwich ball looks better than City’s.
Hope my reverse psychology works ;)

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Norwich supporters have a familiar sounding chant....:)

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
How are Norwich more exciting than United?

Because their players have things to prove, their bonuses for position are higher percentage wise compared to wages.

Our players have hit the top and dgaf, they're making fecking millions for being half arsed lazy cnuts.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Things may take a turn for the worse if they hit an injury crisis, which they have managed to somehow escape for the last two years.

They're due one, let's put it that away.
I think Klopp targets players who have better fitness records generally speaking. Players who he thinks will be able to handle what he demands of them. Obviously there’s always an element of luck/misfortune (Alisson & Laporte’s injuries are examples of that) but Mane, Van Dijk, Salah, Firmino, Robertson. None of them have had major fitness issues as far as I can remember.

I’m sure there’s at least some thought process that goes into it.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
That obviously depends. Last season United had basically no chance of top four so it was natural to hope City would win.

Hell, I’d probably sacrifice top four to stop liverpool, but the circumstances dictate.
Do people really think that crappy talk like this make them sound like a true hardcore, die hard United fan?? It's embarrassing!

Is this what we're gonna get every week now?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
That obviously depends. Last season United had basically no chance of top four so it was natural to hope City would win.

Hell, I’d probably sacrifice top four to stop liverpool, but the circumstances dictate.
Sad that it should.