Premier League Game week 5

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Means Neil Wood much better coach than Ole is.
Or we just have some talent in the u23s?

I get what you're saying, they were doing it at u18 level too when Mckenna was in charge which makes me wonder what his role is with the1st team. At first I could see the style being implemented but when we hit a wall after the Wolves game,it seemed to just disappear

Wayne's World

We already did, apparently we had a deal with him and everything. Then Zidane quit and we dropped it

Now it seems he's no longer interested in leaving liverpool. President of senegal's FA even said he should sign for us :lol:
I live in hope :lol: Liverpool aren't half the team going forward without him in it, you can replace Salah or Firmink but dont think you can with him, he's unique what he does with the ball and creating space for himself and others.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That pressing, then running when the ball is won back is so much better than what we do.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Absolute state of that:rolleyes:

Sylar

The keeper is a coward.

I swear there is always a keeper screw up against them :lol:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
"perfectly weighted pass."

You wot BT?

KennyBurner

Id like to see a statistic that shows how many goals liverpool score compared to how many they actually create. Their middle is all muscle. If atsu doesnt try and dribble there they would struggle to score all game.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm just watching one team trying to play football. State of Newcastle.

predator

Youth NITK
Liverpool have been all over them. It was only a matter of when. They will probably get another 3 or newcastle equalise late in the game and get a draw:D

AshRK

Liverpool reminds me so much of ourselves from the Sir Froggy era.
We were destined for even more greatness and dominate European football but we sold ronaldo and let tevez go and replaced them with nobodies. Imagine liverpool selling salah and firminho and replacing them with andy carrol. We did that and let other clubs around us take over.

Waynne

Robertson and A.Arnold are playing so high up the pitch they may as well be RWF and LWF respectively.
Newcastle just seems to punt the ball upfield everytime they get an opportunity. They cant put 3 passes together.
The most pathetic performance from anytime I have seen. Its like they dont bother to want to attack or play football. Just sit and jog around hoping Liverpool dont score any more.
May as well be a sunday league team.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Liverpool are unbeaten at Anfield for 2.5 years now :eek:

tonnas

another mistake by the opponents, they give liverpool way too much presents!! trying to hold the ball rather then a simple pass back....

Inigo Montoya

We were destined for even more greatness and dominate European football but we sold ronaldo and let tevez go and replaced them with nobodies. Imagine liverpool selling salah and firminho and replacing them with andy carrol. We did that and let other clubs around us take over.
They both wanted to go if truth be told. We still won the PL without them but the damning indictment is that we didn't kick on and invest in the right coach or personnel

Sylar

Or a jammy deflection.

We used to make luck like that because we were good....once:(
Thats the thing. The way they attack, you just knew it was inevitable they would turn it around. They move the ball so quickly and attack in waves like we used to do under Fergie, and the luck comes with all the pressure they put on.

They dont have a world class player in each position, but they have a functioning team that works hard and believes in the system. None of this lazy stuff. We have basically switched positions with them within 5 years.

Shark

@NotShark
I expect Liverpool to win week in, week out now. Major shock when they actually drop points. That used to be us.

Inigo Montoya

Thats the thing. The way they attack, you just knew it was inevitable they would turn it around. They move the ball so quickly and attack in waves like we used to do under Fergie, and the luck comes with all the pressure they put on.

They dont have a world class player in each position, but they have a functioning team that works hard and believes in the system. None of this lazy stuff. We have basically switched positions with them within 5 years.
I'd say that the spine is world class. GK is a top keeper, VVD speaks for himself, Mane,Salah I'd say are world class

M Bison

Supports
York City
Robertson and A.Arnold are playing so high up the pitch they may as well be RWF and LWF respectively.
Newcastle just seems to punt the ball upfield everytime they get an opportunity. They cant put 3 passes together.
The most pathetic performance from anytime I have seen. Its like they dont bother to want to attack or play football. Just sit and jog around hoping Liverpool dont score any more.
May as well be a sunday league team.
They’re great to watch, such an attacking threat. I think if you’re going to stop Liverpool creating chances, you need to nullify those two.