Premier League Game week 5

AshRK

They both wanted to go if truth be told. We still won the PL without them but the damning indictment is that we didn't kick on and invest in the right coach or personnel
Everything has a starting point and that was the starting point for our downfall. Yes we won the league but we should have won the CL and replaced both of them with two quality players.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not me. He was my pick to replace saf. Not surprised at all by liverpool's progress. Desperately need a manager with that kind of energy in him.
He was mine too. Why we didn't wait for him to see out his sabbatical, I'll never know

Josh 76

Liverpool are unbeaten at Anfield for 2.5 years now :eek:
If they keep this up, win the PL and get to another CL final.....then it's getting serious.
Quotes like 'the best team in British football' won't sound that silly.

AJ10

We were destined for even more greatness and dominate European football but we sold ronaldo and let tevez go and replaced them with nobodies. Imagine liverpool selling salah and firminho and replacing them with andy carrol. We did that and let other clubs around us take over.
Where it all started for me.

tonnas

If they keep this up, win the PL and get to another CL final.....then it's getting serious.
still 5 games. City will win the league yet again.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
:lol:

Arsenal invincibles, Mourinhos 1st Chelsea side, SAFs 99 and 08 squad along with Peps current side are all better than the current Liverpool.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
They’ll win every game this season I think.
I agree.

They're an unstoppable, unrelenting force that will win every game from this point on by a large margin of goals. Watch them tear Newcastle apart in the second half.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Mane is brilliant and by far Liverpools best attacking player IMO.

Inigo Montoya

Everything has a starting point and that was the starting point for our downfall. Yes we won the league but we should have won the CL and replaced both of them with two quality players.
We should have won the CL? What against the greatest club side in history? Any other era, us getting there would have seen 2 more CL titles but against Barca? No fecking way!!

Look at the standard in the last 2/3 years. Nothing comes close to Barca in those 7/8 years.

vkd

Supports
liverpool

Arsenal invincibles, Mourinhos 1st Chelsea side, SAFs 99 and 08 squad along with Peps current side are all better than the current Liverpool.
Yet only Pep's team came to the points tally we had last season. SAF's greatest where not even close. Arsenal's and Chelsea's best are even further behind.

Inigo Montoya

All relative though.

The current PL standard? They can go unbeaten, there's only them and City. The rest are playing for scraps. We aren't even invited, we're with the refuse collectors mopping shit up!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
another mistake by the opponents, they give liverpool way too much presents!! trying to hold the ball rather then a simple pass back....
The art is taking advantage of those mistakes. Also that Liverpool scare the hell out of defences so make them jittery.

AaronRedDevil

So they've never lost a PL fixture in the history of the PL? I can recall Mata... Oh never mind!
Just goes to show how weak the premier league is now. No team other then city and liverpool, that actually look like world beaters. Every other team just look like walkovers.

manutddjw

Have to laugh right now. I see Longstaff is on the bench but just this summer people were swearing up and down he was the real deal and better than Pogba

Inigo Montoya

Just goes to show how weak the premier league is now. No team other then city and liverpool, that actually look like world beaters. Every other team just look like walkovers.
Historically, 2 teams usually break away...but not this early. It's always been competitive up until April with no let up even from relegation fodder but the PL now looks a shower of shit.

God knows how we won both European trophies

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Funny watching Newcastle create and miss chances as if to imply they intend to get something from this game. Like feck they do. We all know it will end 4 or 5-1.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yeah, calling a team with 1 PL trophy 'the best team in British football' won't sound silly at all...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Andy Robertson is an annoyingly good left-back. Best in the league for me.

Walters_19_MuFc

Have to laugh right now. I see Longstaff is on the bench but just this summer people were swearing up and down he was the real deal and better than Pogba
1) That's not the right Longstaff, its his brother. Sean is injured, otherwise he'd have started today.

2) No one said he's better than Pogba. Stop chatting nonsense!

AshRK

We should have won the CL? What against the greatest club side in history? Any other era, us getting there would have seen 2 more CL titles but against Barca? No fecking way!!

Look at the standard in the last 2/3 years. Nothing comes close to Barca in those 7/8 years.
Had we purchased star players like Robben,sneijder to replace ronaldo and tevez and then signed the likes of hazard, silva instead of wasting our time signing bebe and oberton we would have won atleast one more CL. Heck di matteo with that chelsea side won a CL, what makes you think we would not have.

The truth is we sat in on our laurels and let clubs like city grow while we were just mocking our noisy neighbors because we had a top manager bailing us out.

Irrational.

It would be great if Liverpool suffered the kind of injury crises we do every once in a while. It's annoying how they can put out virtually the same team time and time again.