Premier League Game week 5

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Yet only Pep's team came to the points tally we had last season. SAF's greatest where not even close. Arsenal's and Chelsea's best are even further behind.
Points tally are not the only way to judge how good those sides were, something about them winning PL year after year would attest to their quality.

You're off your tits if you genuinely believe this Liverpool side who once amassed 97 points automatically makes them better than those sides.

All relative though.

The current PL standard? They can go unbeaten, there's only them and City. The rest are playing for scraps. We aren't even invited, we're with the refuse collectors mopping shit up!
I agree but a glance at the standard of 'Big 4' around those period would suggest it was absolutely stacked with quality especially in 2000s. I mean just have a look at how regularly English clubs were making CL SF/Finals. While the PL teams have more money and more quality overall, rest of their 'competitors' incl. us, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs are quite shit compared to Top 2.

Last edited:
Can't help but feeling that Newcastle bury that chance against us, feels like those key moments in games go against us more often than not. Same with the Dubravka brainfart.

Not that we're capable of applying pressure the way Liverpool do at the other end, that flick from Firminho was sublime.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Replacing Firmino is going to be very difficult. I can’t think of many players out there who do what he does.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
14 wins in a row and they have all been won with us scoring at least 2 goals. That has never happened in top flight football before now. To think where we were this time 4 years ago, Klopp has worked wonders.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Replacing Firmino is going to be very difficult. I can’t think of many players out there who do what he does.
Doubt we will replace him, we’ll just have to find a different system. But thats a problem for 3-4 years down the line

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Doubt we will replace him, we’ll just have to find a different system. But thats a problem for 3-4 years down the line
Yeah true. It’s crazy that we’d have to change our whole system if he goes.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Liverpool looking unbeatable at the moment....I truly think City might be the only team that can out class them and win.

Fussball13251

liverpool won't lose any of the next 5. they'll probably go 15 without losing... maybe even 20

AlwaysRed66

Before everyone gets carried away giving Liverpool the league, I would point out of their five league opponents so far, only Arsenal are in the top half of the table.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Before everyone gets carried away giving Liverpool the league, I would point out of their five league opponents so far, only Arsenal are in the top half of the table.
Yes funny that.

For Liverpool City game coming in November, City are away in CL and have one less day to rest, compared to Liverpool who are at home...

Could the fixture scheduling be any more "transparent".

Saffa_Koppite

Supports
Liverpool
We used to think he was a clown
To be honest mate a lot of people thought that. Even some idiots who called themselves Liverpool fans said it at a time.
A lot of people said Firmino was crap as well, and called Van Dijk over priced, and said Salah was a Chelsea flop, and then a one season wonder, and and and...

As a Liverpool fan the winning is obviously nice, but the amount vindication we are getting is very satisfying at the moment

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
What a player Sonny, probably the best Asian footballer now.

Saffa_Koppite

Supports
Liverpool
:lol:

Arsenal invincibles, Mourinhos 1st Chelsea side, SAFs 99 and 08 squad along with Peps current side are all better than the current Liverpool.
Would you say that with confidence if it ends up happening what that guy said, by that I mean winning the league as well as getting to our third consecutive CL final?