Premier League Gameweek 1

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Liverpool haven’t had a forward signing flop for them probably since Balotelli. It’s annoying the amount of quality they can get out of their forwards. They can turn decent prospects into quality seemingly overnight. Nunez would have easily flopped at United or Chelsea.

Robbie Boy

Has there ever been a player that came back from acl injury and improved massively oh his pre injury level?
No idea; but the majority I've witnessed, have always come back worse players, than their pre-injury level. He's 31 now too, so I can't see him ever looking as good as he once did.

Robbie Boy

Liverpool haven’t had a forward signing flop for them probably since Balotelli. It’s annoying the amount of quality they can get out of their forwards. They can turn decent prospects into quality seemingly overnight. Nunez would have easily flopped at United or Chelsea.
It's the system Klopp plays.

krazyrobus

Nunez will be good in this league, he makes little runs and gets into good positions. Unfortunately.

Stadjer

Has there ever been a player that came back from acl injury and improved massively oh his pre injury level?
I believe RVN had an ACL injury when at PSV. He did very well and become better when he joined Manchester United. I also think saying that Virgil is done is ridiculous. Maybe (that is maybe) he isnt as good as he was before but he still is an excellent defender. Likely still the best in the league. Just look at his performances last year. He just made a mistake today.

Leg-End

You can’t judge him a success after two games :lol:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Nunez is rubbish, Virgil is done and Trent is shit... i suppose any realistic posts about Liverpool players during a live game is hard :lol:
Well Nunez looks like he's falling over. Virgil struggled with Mitrovic all game and Trent cannot defend.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I believe RVN had an ACL injury when at PSV. He did very well and become better when he joined Manchester United. I also think saying that Virgil is done is ridiculous. Maybe (that is maybe) he isnt as good as he was before but he still is an excellent defender. Likely still the best in the league. Just look at his performances last year. He just made a mistake today.
I even think that for one season at least, RVN displayed a level of football that was interesting, developed a playmaking aspect to his game on top of his scoring

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Yeah Benteke was a massive success.

MileStolar

RVN? Don't know if he was even better pre injury though.
Was that a year when we delayed his signing? Good shout, I can't think of another one. Vidić was gone after Basel, Ibrahimović did good once he recovered and considering his age looks a miracle looking back at it.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Hope they do

mu4c_20le

Don't lump us together with you ... a geriatric Ronaldo still scored 24 last season. You guys are the strikers graveyard..

RopersReturn

Fulham might have won this, but for Pereira losing possession up the pitch for the two Liverpool goals.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
How did Pereira play in the first half? I've only seen the second half and he was god awful. Lost the ball at every opportunity.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I still think the Lukaku comp is spot on for Darwin. Very limited technically. Cant control a ball, cant pass a ball, and can barely run with the ball. HOWEVER just like Lukaku he is a physical specimen who has good positioning and scored lots of goals.

You can make fun of Lukaku all day but he has always scored goals consistently and I think that might apply to Darwin.

Now if you compare Darwin to the last 3 TOP Uruguyan strikers, Forlan, Suarez, and Cavani he is literally nowhere near or close to their ability IMO.