Premier League Gameweek 1

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You just proved my point by saying "these games". His overall approach and trying to work off a foundation of that back 3/5 should be the norm and catalyst...but it is not.
I didn't prove your point at all. Good managers have flexibility. He showed that last season.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Chelsea playing a corner back to the goalkeeper. It's not just us. :drool:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
But the linesman is supposed to hold his flag until the play has stopped because if he prematurely raises his flag and the ball wasn’t out after all (as seen by VAR) then a perfectly good goal would have been ruined. That’s where VAR comes in. If VAR wasn’t there the linesman immediately flags it as he sees it and Godfrey doesn’t get injured (if the linesman saw it as ball over line)
That’s assuming the linesmen or referee see that the ball is out. Without VAR if neither sees that then Gordon is always going to get injured.

Bobski

Gordon's hair. I don't get it, when did fluffy piss coloured pastry become the look?

lysglimt

Scout
Looking at that Chelsea-lineup - it looks so far behind Liverpool and City - so its not just us

edcunited1878

I didn't prove your point at all. Good managers have flexibility. He showed that last season.
Good managers have the sense to use what is best for their team knowing the circumstances.

Lampard should continue to stick with a back 3/5 because it suits them best. They can't go toe to toe. Tarkowski is best in a lower defensive line. With Gordon, Gray, and whoever else, they are better suited to transitions from within their half to take advantage of the space in behind.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Good managers have the sense to use what is best for their team knowing the circumstances.

Lampard should continue to stick with a back 3/5 because it suits them best. They can't go toe to toe. Tarkowski is best in a lower defensive line. With Gordon, Gray, and whoever else, they are better suited to transitions from within their half to take advantage of the space in behind.
In this game, with this team he currently has available - yes. With new signings and DCL back? I'd disagree. Gana - Onana - Doucoure in a 3 man midfield would give a back 4 suitable protection. Anyway, your original point was that Lampard doesn't know what he wants to do or doesn't play cautious or defensive enough which is weird as he is literally doing that in this game.

cj_sparky

Is Louis van Gaal advising Chelsea on set pieces, only Reece James allowed.

edcunited1878

Looking at that Chelsea-lineup - it looks so far behind Liverpool and City - so its not just us
Chelsea has been a cup team for years now, but it keeps getting overlooked. They are marginally better than United last year even with the shitshow that was United. And Chelsea gets away with loaning out a striker in Lukaku to the club they are still paying in annual amortized payments.

Teja

Chelsea somehow manage to be the most consistently boring side in the PL.