Premier League Gameweek 1

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Koulibaly looks very solid. And the rumors of Kante's demise, it seems, were very premature.

Chinchy98

Everton look every bit the relegation team I thought they’d be.

Sitting deep & defending for their lives, completely unsustainable. Iwobi at CM is never going to control a game, recruitment has been awful & the manager isn’t up to much.

TheLord

Chelsea lack something in the final third. They pass it around nice but at a certain point, something is missing
With Jorginho who can only pass sideways and backwards, and Havertz who's as ineffective as a 40-year-old, it is unsurprising that they are so bereft of creativity. Sterling looks quite good though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Confused by some of the comments here. We are playing with a team without a recognised striker, multiple players out of position etc. against a full strength Chelsea side and people are expecting us to do more? :confused: I think we've been pretty tactically spot on so far for a manager that has no idea of tactics and is shite.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Mental how some people on this forum didn't want Kante when we were linked to him. Quality player

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
A midfield two of Doucoure and Iwobi has absolutely no right to work, but they've largely held their own so far. Doucoure has mostly been a one man show, but I can see Iwobi making the Joelinton transition of woefully cack attacker to half decent, hardworking midfielder.

Two five at the back teams playing each other is so often a shite watch, though.

Last edited:

slored1

Anthony Gordon might be the worst player to wear a number 10 in the PL. What a waste of space.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Koulibaly looks very solid. And the rumors of Kante's demise, it seems, were very premature.
Kantes issues are his injuries more than his ability. Koulibaly is very good too, just he's pretty up there in age too

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I mean wasn't that exactly what he did to Sterling 30 minutes ago? (pre Mina)

Mina is such an arsehole , his miss in the Copa was orgasmic.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Confused by some of the comments here. We are playing with a team without a recognised striker, multiple players out of position etc. against a full strength Chelsea side and people are expecting us to do more? :confused: I think we've been pretty tactically spot on so far for a manager that has no idea of tactics and is shite.
Is there a plan to get a striker or will it just be a case of waiting until DCL is back do you think?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Red card? Where's the attempt to play the ball there? Clear goal scoring opportunity?

CallyRed

If the linesman had called out the ball, there wouldn't have been an injury, seven minutes of injury time wouldn't have been added on, a penalty wouldn't have been awarded, penalty wouldn't have been scored.

The butterfly effect.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Is there a plan to get a striker or will it just be a case of waiting until DCL is back do you think?
Yes, we will get another forward in but we aren't going to panic buy. I think Lampard and the club want to make sure we aren't doing the same with transfers as we have in the past.

Anustart89

Refs last season “From now on we’ll particularly look at if the reaction is caused by the action leading to fewer cheap fouls!!!!”

Watches Doucoure hold Chilwell’s torso and his legs go completely paralysed

“Deffo a pen no doubt about that”