Premier League Gameweek 1

90 + 5min

I wonder where are Everton going to find their goals? If they don't buy anyone until deadline they will score very few goals. I can't remember any team going into PL with so few attackers.

I hope that we don't make same misstake and that we buy striker/forward. If Werner is on way out, go for him.

avgp_1

Everton don't look like they've got goals in them. Who do they have that they can bring on? Maybe Alli?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Pissed off about that. Quite even game up until that goal. Two stupid decisions from Gray and Doucoure mean we are 1-0 down instead of 1-0 up. Tactics were spot on and now we will have nothing to show for it. Don't think we need to change much though, if we play that way in the second half we can nick a draw.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Double jeopardy, it’s never a red.
No attempt to play the ball. Chilwell about to shoot. That's a red card. Double jeopardy only abolished where there is an attempt to play the ball.

Unless it's not a clear goal scoring opportunity. Which it is imo.

Anustart89

Nice one Pickford, in an effort to save the ball from going for a corner you’ve managed to concede a goalscoring chance, a corner and a serious injury to your teammate.
And concede a penalty in stoppage time caused by the injury.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Pissed off about that. Quite even game up until that goal. Two stupid decisions from Gray and Doucoure mean we are 1-0 down instead of 1-0 up. Tactics were spot on and now we will have nothing to show for it. Don't think we need to change much though, if we play that way in the second half we can nick a draw.
I wouldn't count on you scoring, you look so inept up top

edcunited1878

I wonder where are Everton going to find their goals? If they don't buy anyone until deadline they will score very few goals. I can't remember any team going into PL with so few attackers.

I hope that we don't make same misstake and that we buy striker/forward. If Werner is on way out, go for him.
Werner wouldn't be a bad shout as a loan player for Everton...works hard, selfless, bit shit at finishing, but would be a counter threat for Everton.

TheReligion

Abusive
No attempt to play the ball. Chilwell about to shoot. That's a red card. Double jeopardy only abolished where there is an attempt to play the ball.

There was cover so not a clear goal scoring chance

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

That wasn't a clear opportunity

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Just heard Duncan Ferguson's analysis. I would never have imagined he sounds the way he does.

It's bizarre.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Have to say Everton are playing well. Gordon looks like star in the making.

TheLord

Chelsea's defense and goalkeeper are very solid. Koulibaly looks class. Kante, James, Silva have been very good.They would have been a very effective side if they could have landed a proper striker.

They need to move on Jorginho and Havertz though while their values are still reasonably high. No wonder the FDJ's rumours.

They are good to finish fourth, IMO.

Bobski

Werner wouldn't be a bad shout as a loan player for Everton...works hard, selfless, bit shit at finishing, but would be a counter threat for Everton.
Too many good players wasted sitting on big teams benches(or in their stands) when they could be helping other teams be more competitive. Chelsea don't even have Werner, Batshuyai, Barkley, Hudson Odoi or Gilmour on their bench today, most of those would start for Everton.

Or Alonso, spend £62 million on Cucurella to be a back up and keep Alonso as well.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I wouldn't count on you scoring, you look so inept up top
We have been as inept up top as a team that has paid 110m on their trio which isn't too bad considering we spent a fraction of that and we are playing one of them out of position.

edcunited1878

Too many good players wasted sitting on big teams benches(or in their stands) when they could be helping other teams be more competitive. Chelsea don't even have Werner, Batshuyai, Barkley, Hudson Odoi or Gilmour on their bench today, most of those would start for Everton.
At least Gilmour is younger than those you stated, but I agree with you in general. Players who are making loads of money like CHO are content on the lifestyle and not sure what they are waiting for. I have the time and respect for a Tomori or Smalling who wanted to play and leave. The fact that RLC is still at Chelsea is mind boggling.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
We have been as inept up top as a team that has paid 110m on their trio which isn't too bad considering we spent a fraction of that and we are playing one of them out of position.
Tbf you were playing for a point or a lucky smash and grab 1-0 win. You have also made it a physical contest too which is rather ugly to watch but then your team clearly lacks depth as you aren’t fielding a striker.

We know we need a striker. If we don’t sign one this window it’ll be as bad as Utd failing to replace McFred. It’s a serious problem.

TheReligion

Abusive
At least Gilmour is younger than those you stated, but I agree with you in general. Players who are making loads of money like CHO are content on the lifestyle and not sure what they are waiting for. I have the time and respect for a Tomori or Smalling who wanted to play and leave. The fact that RLC is still at Chelsea is mind boggling.
Hudson-Odoi should have moved. His career is just wasting away and there’s a World Cup just around the corner.

Lacks ambition perhaps?

Bobski

It is bad for the league as well, and one of the reasons why City and Liverpool have been able to accumulate such high point totals in recent years (and is the same issue across Europe with big clubs) These guys should be creating a deeper talent pool league wide, when tops teams second teams are stronger than Europe chasing or strong upper middle table sides that is a bad thing.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Ruben Loftus-Cheek played 40 times for Chelsea last season, what are you on about? Granted most of them were off the bench and he only started around 20 or so matches but that's still plenty of football.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Sorry to jump in like this from nowhere but how did Fulham - Liverpool game go?
Liverpool looked off the pace, Fulham worked hard and pressed well with some nice crosses/ counter attacks.

If Fulham can keep that level of performance up they should stay up.

Paulinha was very good for Fulham in CDM and Nunez got lucky with his goal and assist but he did make an impact on the game with his work rate and physicality/ movement.

Telsim

Sorry to jump in like this from nowhere but how did Fulham - Liverpool game go?
Even. Liverpool tried to play it too smart and cool, Fulham were hungry for it and were fighting for every ball and were surprisingly successful. Mitrovic MOTM. Fulham can be the new Brentford if they can keep this up.