Premier League Gameweek 1

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Against a lot of teams you would be happy if they started taking long range shots. Not against Arsenal you wouldn't.

CloneMC16

Against two of the worst teams. But the caf will go into instant doom and gloom mode before United has even kicked a ball.
Arsenal played like this throughout the entire of the first half of last season. This forum was full on copium blaming the opposition being bad every game.

Telsim

Martinelli - Odegaard - Saka is a bloody menace. Arsenal are playing some fecking good football ffs.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I hate them. But theyre good. Still believe they will start struggling with CL in the mix though.

the_cliff

Arsenal played like this throughout the entire of the first half of last season. This forum was full on copium blaming the opposition being bad every game.
I would disagree. Maybe it's no Jesus but they were better the beginning of last season.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
fecking shirt beggars. Sod off.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Except against us :cool:. But yes, they were very good, and gave started the same. Against one of the worst teams, still.

Ibi Dreams

On their match report the Guardian have got Arsenal at 86% possession in the first half. I'm not watching it, can that be right?!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
15% possession in 50 mins of football :wenger: tell you what, they need Brendan as manager

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
8+ minutes added in the second half and we’ll see what sort of stones TNT are sporting

Ludens the Red

The 2 best teams in the league unsurprisingly look very good
Didn’t think city looked great at all. Burnley had a lot of attacks. They were pathetic in the final third. Two of citys goals were from set pieces too.
Arsenal though have been brilliant so far.. bit more individuality to the Arsenal players whereas city are basically just programmed players being efficient but really dull.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Martinelli's has had some amazing little runs, and I have barely seen him otherwise.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Aurier has the footballing intelligence of a pigeon.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
16% possession. What’s even the point of showing up?

Dazzmondo

Didn’t think city looked great at all. Burnley had a lot of attacks. They were pathetic in the final third. Two of citys goals were from set pieces too.
Arsenal though have been brilliant so far.. bit more individuality to the Arsenal players whereas city are basically just programmed players being efficient but really dull.
Ok but 2nd half in particular City were very dominant. It was really boring but they had complete control. I thought Burnley looked good until the 2nd City goal and after that they didn't offer much. I think Burnley will look better when playing weaker teams. It wasn't just a case of them being rubbish imo. Obviously Haaland showed yet again that he can score 2 goals out of nowhere also.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Ben White still has the slowest throw-in in football....no he is not time wasting.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
People are wanking over Arsenal, but I think most of the matches between bigger sides and bottom half teams will be playing out the same way this season.

There is just so much cack in the league this year. There's probably about 8 teams that deserve to go down.

the_cliff

Current Arsenal remind me of City when they had Sane and Sterling on the wings in terms of style of play.

Bobski

Interested to see how Joao Pedro does at Brighton, could be their next big transfer out if it clicks.

philippexyz

People are wanking over Arsenal, but I think most of the matches between bigger sides and bottom half teams will be playing out the same way this season.

There is just so much cack in the league this year. There's probably about 8 teams that deserve to go down.
Which means that matches between good teams(upper half) will have even more weight/significance in terms of final table standings.

Dazzmondo

Great to see Chong starting. Hope he has a good season. Would love to see Luton stay up