Premier League Gameweek 1

Lee565

Somehow boehly has spent 800m and made the Chelsea side on paper (and on the pitch) look worse than before he joined????

If the liverpool side from the back end of Last season show show up today then this will be 3 or 4 goal margin win, think the influence of potchettino has been over played, he has not looked a class manger since his last full season at spurs and is possibly in that mourinho category of living of a past reputation

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Spurs are fecked if they're relying on Richarlison for their goals.
I don't particularly rate him, but given how much a striker that's better than him would likely cost, I think they're better off using the Kane money on the rest of the team.

If he could score goals in that dire Everton side, he should be able to do a job for them.

lysglimt

Scout
Well - after watching that game, I can say that Spurs wont be anywhere near top-4

As for Chelsea, it is puzzling that a team can spend so much money and still have a team that look mediocre.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He looks more like a squad player, as opposed to a player you'd want in your starting 11 every week.
I just don't think he was a great signing. Said it at the time. Definitely not for £60m, anyway. And he always looks like a moody bloody sod

Superunknown

2-2 is a good result for Spurs. Brentford away is not an easy place to go. Think with all of the drama around Kane, they've done well to get a result today.

Mike Smalling

Chelsea is such a mystery to me. Starting with three players I've honestly never heard about.

saivet

That Liverpool team is extremely attacking. If Liverpool don't dominate possession, I think they'll lose. That said, Chelsea's team doesn't look great, the midfield in particular looks weak.

PaulScholes99

Well - after watching that game, I can say that Spurs wont be anywhere near top-4

As for Chelsea, it is puzzling that a team can spend so much money and still have a team that look mediocre.
We have lost there 4-0 last season and finished comfortably in the top 4. Brentford lost 2 home games in the last season. They are really good and Spurs have a completely new system. I think they did quite well considering all of this. I think it will take a bit of time but it could work out well for them, although i would also say that a top 4 finish for them would be surprising.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Mudryk should be facing TAA.

I’m absolutely baffled by that decision.

Superunknown

I just don't think he was a great signing. Said it at the time. Definitely not for £60m, anyway. And he always looks like a moody bloody sod
At the time, I thought he would be a decent depth/squad option. 1 league goal last season is very poor, though. He's not going to be able to get the stats that Spurs need in that particular position. He's a decent rotation option...if he actually scores this season.

BorisManUtd

Chelsea-Liverpool fixtures has ended in a 0-0 draw many times over last few seasons so wouldn't be surprised if that happens again today, especially as it's first game of the season.

Mike Smalling

Chelsea-Liverpool fixtures has ended in a 0-0 draw many times over last few seasons so wouldn't be surprised if that happens again today, especially as it's first game of the season.
That Chelsea team certainly looks like it could score 0 goals, but I'd trust Liverpool to get one or two. Plenty of quality going forward.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think we played 5 at the back in pre season?

Yes we've probably wasted the most money on overpriced transfers since Bartomeu at Barca. Looks like we won't stop now either.

Woodzy

I don't think we played 5 at the back in pre season?

Yes we've probably wasted the most money on overpriced transfers since Bartomeu at Barca. Looks like we won't stop now either.
Refreshing to see a Chelsea fan with an honest assessment. From the outside looking in what Chelsea are doing with the transfer strategy seems ridiculous, and I feel is going to feck your club up in a big way going forward.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Forgot about Peter Drury! Nice refreshing change. Give it a few months before people are complaining and wishing he’d shut up and calm down.
Better than the geriatric Tyler, but he is a bit much.