Premier League Gameweek 10

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Well, you're being pedantic as you clearly know what I'm saying. Nobody purposely fouls but people purposely tackle. Keane made no attempt to foul, tackle or do anything to the player. They moved in the same direction and there was the slightest of touches. Keane is making no attempt to touch him, he doesn't look at the player or try and motion to him. It's absolutely stupid that it's a rule and as I said if that is a penalty then why are there not 5+ penalties each week when any type of contact is made? They're not given because common sense is applied. Your posts are essentially saying any piece of contact is a foul so I assume you're advocating for penalties to be given at an excessive rate, yes?
Where have I said any contact is a foul? Please learn to read and show me that. I even said it was soft, and not because it was an accident.

It doesn't matter where he's looking, it's his job to know his surroundings. An accident isn't an excuse for anything.

I'm being pedantic about actually knowing the laws of the game and that anything being an accident is completely irrelevant to anything.

redshaw

Decent weekend for us so far with Villa and Everton getting beat, Watford Bournemouth West Ham Sheffield drawing.

Win the 6 pointer tomorrow and we'll have a nice cushion from the drop

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm not annoyed at all. You seem to be annoyed giving out about accidents. I'm actually laughing at the comicality of believing accidents mean you cant foul anyone.
You really are annoyed by me though in some way (the little jibe out of nowhere I mean), I never pretended to do more than just giving my modest opinion. You're taking things far too seriously. The rules of the game doesn't mean they cannot be discussed, they cannot be argued against. You can laugh at it, it's absolutely fine, it's what our forum is made for.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Where have I said any contact is a foul? Please learn to read and show me that. I even said it was soft, and not because it was an accident.

It doesn't matter where he's looking, it's his job to know his surroundings. An accident isn't an excuse for anything.

I'm being pedantic about actually knowing the laws of the game and that anything being an accident is completely irrelevant to anything.
I said that your posts are essentially saying it. Maybe it's you that needs to learn to read.

If you look at the decision that was made it was the slightest bit of contact. If you are saying that this level of contact warrants a penalty then I don't understand how you cannot be advocating for multiple penalties were given as this penalty was given because of...the contact made.

It isn't irrelevant as there are plenty of instances that aren't given due to accidental contact such as was displayed today. It's inconsistent, shit, and just not on.

Also please explain why Richarlison wasn't given a penalty at a corner.

filibuster

Supports
Chelsea FC
If we win tomorrow we could go back to 7th. Let's cling onto that.:)
But if you lose than it is equal points with Norwich on 18th position. Crazy.

We were 1 above relegation, after 16 games, when we sacked Jose.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Not sure what it is about Everton, maybe it’s the events surrounding Moyes and the fans laughing at us around that time with Martinez, but I always enjoy seeing them lose.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not sure what it is about Everton, maybe it’s the events surrounding Moyes and the fans laughing at us around that time with Martinez, but I always enjoy seeing them lose.
I always enjoy a late winning own goal. Digne today, Coulibay vs Juventus. It's cruel but at the same time so funny

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Burnley doing o.k so far, can see this being a draw.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
McNeil is the real deal. A bona-fide prodigy. Even better than last year. Best player on the pitch.