Premier League Gameweek 10

Eric7C

Don't rule Arsenal out. They were 3rd, 2 points off City only about a week ago, and have a home banker tomorrow.

We're already well off it.
Their away form is atrocious (haven't won a league game away since opening day). I don't see that changing anytime soon.

United, well, are in the wilderness.

Canucantona20

It's amazing how our fortunes have gone after that 4-0 first day.

Most Chelsea fans thought they were in for a tough slog of a season, while we fooled ourselves we weren't as sh!T as we feared.
The young players Chelsea have are brilliant. Still missing Kante and RLC as well, just shows you how deep their midfield is.

While United are playing Fred and Mctominay who wouldn’t get in this Chelsea team currently.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Chelsea very impressive. Technically really good all over the pitch and can build things up or play on the break. Lampard’s coaching seems to be working too, they’ve tightened up a lot. Top 4 for them I think.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Chelsea very impressive. Technically really good all over the pitch and can build things up or play on the break. Lampard’s coaching seems to be working too, they’ve tightened up a lot. Top 4 for them I think.
Lampard coming in and immediately bedding a style of play is definitely one to think about for those who think our managers need years to do it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Need a goal from CHO...or 2 more from Burnley..either will make me happy!

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Why do you want them to get further ahead of Man United?
Because I want Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, City and Liverpool to lose points so we can get closer, once we actually start our season. I'm not afraid od Burnley and clubs like them, we will be above them soon anyway.
I know, I know, I'm too optimistic...

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Don't rule Arsenal out. They were 3rd, 2 points off City only about a week ago, and have a home banker tomorrow.

We're already well off it.
We're not finishing top 4 as long as Emery is at the club.

And we'll do our best to gift Palace points tomorrow.

Ban

I see that notion that managers need years to implement their style. Who said that?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I see that notion that managers need years to implement their style. Who said that?
Whoever backs our current managers?

A manager should be able to bed a style in quite quickly. Getting the right players to fit it is the more difficult part.

fps

Chelsea are going to be very dangerous when Lampard gets the funds to strengthen his roster. If this is how there playing now in 2 seasons they could be where City are now.
Frankly, it's like they've benefited from their transfer ban. They've finally had to start playing all those brilliant stockpiled young players who never get a chance and drift out of the game/ thrive elsewhere.

fps

I said before season start Chelsea would have a better season than people were predicting. They've got too much hungry young talent to fall away.

Ban

U

A manager should be able to bed a style in quite quickly. Getting the right players to fit it is the more difficult part.
I think getting players was always more difficult, not style.

Bearded One

Just saw Gaurdiola's post-match comments on MENews. He always whines when he gets an unfair decision from VAR. Today he gets the rub of green from VAR and he says "lets not talk about VAR"

Is it too difficult to admit that you got a favourable VAR call, Mr Pep??

pascell

Absolutely this, how people are still clinging onto us turning the corner under Ole is beyond me. Rogers and Potter have had since the summer or less time than Ole and they have implemented their style already. What you see from United is what you get under Ole and unfortunately, that's not good enough.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Lampard coming in and immediately bedding a style of play is definitely one to think about for those who think our managers need years to do it.
Exactly, the top clubs expect progress and change within a year. That might not be ideal but it’s absolutely the case. No top club in Europe would be allowing a relegation battle 12 months into a job. It wouldn’t matter what state they had been in when the job was offered in the first place...

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
Few injuries going into today’s game boly broken ankle is going to be a big miss for us. Bennett is also out today so not expecting much from our trip to Newcastle.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Frankly, it's like they've benefited from their transfer ban. They've finally had to start playing all those brilliant stockpiled young players who never get a chance and drift out of the game/ thrive elsewhere.
I mean, which of their youngsters are getting serious minutes? Tomori, who they were likely going to keep as 4th choice CB anyway, Mount, who they were likely to want to see anyways, CHO? Same deal

Only Abraham i think is really taking advantage of the transfer ban

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Just saw Gaurdiola's post-match comments on MENews. He always whines when he gets an unfair decision from VAR. Today he gets the rub of green from VAR and he says "lets not talk about VAR"

Is it too difficult to admit that you got a favourable VAR call, Mr Pep??
Does he always whine? As far as I remember he's always supported VAR and has backed that opinion up whenever we've fallen foul of it. His line has been consistent: remain diplomatic and stay out of it.

After Spurs knocked us out of the Champions League:
"Unfortunately, it was a bad end for us, so congratulations to Tottenham and good luck for the semi-finals. I support VAR but maybe from one angle Fernando Llorente's goal is handball, maybe from the referee's angle it is not.
After the 2-2 draw vs. Spurs in August:
"We have to accept it. It's tough because we scored a goal late on. But ask VAR people, not me."

Yagami

Good post resistant
I might have a look at Newcastle-Wolves seeing as Matty Longstaff is starting

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Does he always whine? As far as I remember he's always supported VAR and has backed that opinion up whenever we've fallen foul of it. His line has been consistent: remain diplomatic and stay out of it.

After Spurs knocked us out of the Champions League:

After the 2-2 draw vs. Spurs in August:
Sounds like he really supports it.

Walters_19_MuFc

First time I'll see the Longstaff brothers play together since they played against us. Be interesting to see how they get on.

We were strongly linked with Sean, but Matty seems to have quite a bit about him, too.