Premier League Gameweek 10

TJ2318H

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool were there for the taking today. Naive from Spurs
Flukey goal in 1st minute and the rest of the game was an onslaught of Liverpool attacks. World class goal keeping performance was only reason game was close.

PoTMS

How the feck are we ahead of Spurs and only three points behind Arsenal? My god, we're all so shit.

Heinzesight

That was a champions performance. A goal down from the outset against one of the better sides in the league, their keeper having a worldie, just kept up the intensity and kept pummelling them until we got our lead, then saw the game out from there.

Fantastic performance.
Unbelievable arrogance in October. Pipe down.

TheReligion

Abusive
How’d you work that one out?
I just think every time they went forward you looked pretty vulnerable. I think you have most of this season tbh. You're not difficult to score against its just about retaining possession and stopping your switch balls to the full backs. Obviously it's not easy to do as such but Spurs just kept allowing it for some reason. Poch should have made a tactical switch instead of just having them sit in and soak up pressure. Was daft.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Good day except for Pool winning.

Wulfric

Supports
Liverpool
That was a champions performance. A goal down from the outset against one of the better sides in the league, their keeper having a worldie, just kept up the intensity and kept pummelling them until we got our lead, then saw the game out from there.

Fantastic performance.
Our performance of the season imo. Reacted really well to their goal.
16 chances created by us today. Sixteen. Against an ultra-defensive Spurs side.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Deserved win. Much better than Spurs, who only really came alive after going behind. Can understand them wanting to play on the counter they took it to extremes especially in the first half.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I won’t say you deserved to win. Son had the easiest chance to score in the game and Auruier gifted Liverpool a stupid penalty. Things could have went badly for Liverpool if you guys were not so lucky.
Gazzaniga was man of the match :lol:

The White Pele

We were 16th at one stage today and we finish the day in 7th. I love this mid-table rollercoaster business

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
No mate. He’s a penalty manufacturing prick. Never a penalty.
Harry Kane and Erik Lamela have won penalties the same way at Anfield in the past 2 years.

Chelsea had a penalty rescinded by var for a dive yesterday.

It definitely is a penalty.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Gazzaniga was man of the match :lol:
yea he had a fantastic game. But would that Liverpool team won if they were 2-0 behind? Most of the shots Gazzinga saved was not a definite goal scoring opportunity. The clearest chance went to Son. Without the pen, aurier gifted, would Liverpool score? Hard to say, but the more they attacked, the more open they were in defense. Spurs might have caught them on the counter if it wasn’t for the penalty. Spurs players gifted Liverpool the victory.

Josh 76

Their full backs are the danger. The two forwards need to man mark TAA and Robertson and use their won full backs to attack. OLE got it spot on until he bottled it.

TheReligion

Abusive
Their full backs are the danger. The two forwards need to man mark TAA and Robertson and use their won full backs to attack. OLE got it spot on until he bottled it.
I don't think we bottled it as such but yeah we were cruising and should have been a bit more proactive with the changes.

I think a fully fit United team wins that game comfortably.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
How the feck are we ahead of Spurs and only three points behind Arsenal? My god, we're all so shit.
Yep, Leicester have a real chance to make it to the CL if we all keep this going. Depressing...

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
I'm happy, that Emery doesn't get away with another lucky win.
But, wow. That was some match fixing from VAR.

Member 90887

Unbelievable arrogance in October. Pipe down.
Haha yeah. This spurs team is below us in the table and we've had our worst start in 30 years. They are grinding out results. Their luck will definitly run out at some point. However, the title looks like it's theirs to lose.

Red5

Game should have been stopped for the Firmino dive before the first cheats goal, and the penalty incident where Mane tripped Aurier as he went to kick the ball should have been a free kick to Spurs. I can say 100% for certain if Mane and Aurier had switched roles in that incident it still would have been called a penalty.

‘Winning’ football matches is very easy when you know you can rely on a free penalty any time you are struggling. I have never seen such blatant and consistent cheating in any pro sport as we are seeing between LFC and the officials in EPL over the last two seasons.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool scraping results a lot this season. Ominous I think as they will hit their stride later in the season.
We've had 5 tough games, not played at our best in a few of them but still got 13 out of 15 points.

Unless Liverpool sign 1 or 2 players in January they will run out of steam. Salah is struggling with an injury and none of our attacking replacements are anywhere near good enough.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Mane is becoming a big problem, same as Salah last season. Clearly exaggerating contact deliberately and it should be punished.

For both the last penalties he's won there's clearly been contact on him, but he throws himself down unnaturally. That should be a yellow card and him told to get the feck up and stop being a fanny.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Mane is becoming a big problem, same as Salah last season. Clearly exaggerating contact deliberately and it should be punished.

For both the last penalties he's won there's clearly been contact on him, but he throws himself down unnaturally. That should be a yellow card and him told to get the feck up and stop being a fanny.
That was a clear pen today. Aurier is a clown, was delighted to see his name on your team sheet. Last one against Leicester was debatable.