Premier League Gameweek 11-13

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
City have dropped points away to Villa, Newcastle and Liverpool. Still to play the other so called big clubs away.
Yes, but Arsenal have lost to us, Liverpool have lost to us and Arsenal. SO what's your point?

Newcastle and Liverpool will be two of the hardest aways this season.

But it's certainly not over. City don't even have a lead, let alone a big one :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Honestly that's a blip for City. They win that 7 out of 10 times
Not at Anfield. When did they last win there infront of an actual crowd?

This is where the world cup break makes the season more interesting. Last few years Man. City have motored between November-January and had a very commanding lead by start of February. That isn't possible this season.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Better team won, even enough game decided by a Cancelo brain fart.

Ref was horrid, how Salah didn't get that free off Bernardo that led to the Klopp red was a joke but Klopp still behaved like a tit. Ref went through periods where he whistled for everything and then periods where he let both teams kick feck out of each other, kinda weird.

We went went full gungho we're lucky Klopp brought on Nunez or it would have finished 4-0.

Sylar

OK I am honestly fed up with whole tone that refs are bent against us. Refs are shite, period. Enough with the rawk level conspiracies.

If you look at our challenges we make at most games, they are extremely clumsy. McTom and Dalot are often the worst offenders in this.
Relax mate. Who said refs are bent against us? What are you even talking about? Are you drunk or something? :lol: Read the whole exchange again mate and take a time out.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I preferred Liverpool to beat City today. I can't stand their domination the past decade plus we're the only team to win 3 PL's on the trot and I don't want anyone matching that.
For us it would have been much better for City to win.
Rule Liverpool out of the title race completely, and keep us nicely above them in the top 4 battle.

Liverpool win their game in hand and they're just 7 points off City. That suddenly doesn't look as unbeatable as it would with a win for City today.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I preferred Liverpool to beat City today. I can't stand their domination the past decade plus we're the only team to win 3 PL's on the trot and I don't want anyone matching that.
Fair enough. They are pretty irrelevant to me. Rather them than Arsenal or Liverpool winning the league. Our top 4 'rivals' all won while we dropped points at home.

Fooza

How? Liverpool and city are our historical rivals. Don’t give a shit about arsenal
It's personal situations. I still know a lot of arsenal fans from the history we had and are still the worst kind arrogant tossers - the thought of them winning a pl will be more unbearable than if City won. Plus the oil/plastic card can't be used

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Well done Liverpool, probably stopped City from becoming the next invincibles
Exactly why I was routing for Liverpool this season.
They can be insufferable, but City doing an invincible season with potentially a treble would be worst case scenario for me.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
They will still shoot 90 + points very comfortably.
Whatever they shoot, they need to shoot more than the next best team, which they currently are not doing. It’s been very disrespectful to Arsenal how the media have simply skipped over them and written article after article about how City have been so far better than anyone else.

And we don’t know how many points they will win. I had this same conversation on here in the summer in the ‘Can Conte win a title for Spurs’ thread where many had decided that the top two places in the league had already gone to City and Liverpool. That one was being rewritten within a month. Fact is, City are not top, so the press should tone down the talk of how ‘nobody is near them’, at least for now.

frostbite

I don’t get it
Liverpool number 1 hate
City number 2 hate
Leeds number 3 hate
Arsenal don’t come close, it’s arsenal lads
Exactly! We should hope that either Arsenal or Tottenham wins it this year. It would be great for us because this would also give us hope that we can actually win it in the next year or two.

Gazautd18

At least I don't have to listen to Micah Richards rimming Haaland tonight.

MUFC OK

So this incredible city side utterly embarrass us by scoring 6 but the scousers manage a clean sheet. Okay then.

Woodzy

Now Micah is missing the point of VAR. Apparently the only angle they should be looking at is the one the referee has a view of.

wangyu

I should just stop watching liverpool games, they ruin my mood every single time. I can live with utd playing badly, I am used to that but I will never get used of liverpool winning.

GlasgowCeltic

Arsenal fans fancying the title. Recalling City in Pep's first season, IIRC.
was thinking more the 06/07 season, when Chelsea signed Balllack and Shev and everyone decided the league was a writeoff despite Utds fast start and early momentum. could be wrong, either way no reason for Arsenal fans not to be loving it

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I don’t get it
Liverpool number 1 hate
City number 2 hate
Leeds number 3 hate
Arsenal don’t come close, it’s arsenal lads
In normal circumstances, yes, but I do get the apathy felt towards any success City achieve. It's inevitable, bought and they're effectively run by a fecking state. It's hard to feel the same degree of rivalry from afar when they've effectively enacted cheat mode.

Not to turn the thread around too much, but the fact that clubs are now under far more scrutiny from these types of owners (post Chelsea, Newcastle, City) due to the advantage they provide, and prospective owners aren't allowed to purchase clubs under the model we were due to the negative impact it has says a lot.

Arsenal winning would be a different kind of annoyance because they're effectively a mini city (Legopep, style, etc), have bought players City would never sell us, and - at the end of the day - have been better at planning their future when we were both in similar circumstances. Plus old rivalries, but it's hard to really equate our current standing with where we once were.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
was thinking more the 06/07 season, when Chelsea signed Balllack and Shev and everyone decided the league was a writeoff despite Utds fast start and early momentum. could be wrong, either way no reason for Arsenal fans not to be loving it
Just enjoying the journey as long as it lasts honestly, it's just fun at the moment :D

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Chelsea got out of jail i feel. Huge blunder from Mings and then the free kick was right down the center of the goals.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Didn’t watch the match but I’m oddly satisfied with this Liverpool win. We need a week without a Haaland goal every now and then.

Even so, they beat Abu Dhabi on the day we couldn’t beat Saudi Arabia so we’ve let football down today.

ForeverRed1

We are not going to be in the mix stop deluding yourself. This is a building season
im not for one minute saying we’re going to win the league but we need to stay in the mix for aslong as we possibly can. We don’t want to drop too far off before the end of October.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
im not for one minute saying we’re going to win the league but we need to stay in the mix for aslong as we possibly can. We don’t want to drop too far off before the end of October.
Without a world class striker we are limited in what we can do. If felix is available in January i would take a punt provided the price is correct.

Need another MF as well and a RB but they can wait till next summer.