Premier League Gameweek 11-13

Red00012

VAR is a joke I preferred it when it wasn’t there . It’s just so inconsistent

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
VAR called the on field review over Bernardo kicking his leg into the defender :houllier: :houllier::houllier::houllier:

And the ref gave the penalty :houllier::houllier::houllier::houllier:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
City are basically using a cheat code this season.
Nah. So far they're winning the games they would have won anyway. It's just 3-0 (Haaland, Haaland, Haaland) instead of 3-0 (Sterling, Gundogan, De Bruyne).

Idxomer

There was a push from behind from Trossard too. Could've gone either way tbf. More baffled that it took them 5 minutes to call Pawson, who's a clown.
The slight push had nothing to do with Silva moving his leg towards the defender's leg.

Irrational.

Nah. So far they're winning the games they would have won anyway. It's just 3-0 (Haaland, Haaland, Haaland) instead of 3-0 (Sterling, Gundogan, De Bruyne).
True. I’ve made peace with City winning the league this season. If they don’t win the CL and win the PL it will be seen as a failure.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
True. I’ve made peace with City winning the league this season. If they don’t win the CL and win the PL it will be seen as a failure.
Three league titles in a row and five in six seasons is anything but a failure. Guardiola deserves more respect for the dominance he’s had over English football.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
To me its a clear penalty
It is. Push from behind and defender sticks his foot out. The first one on Haaland is also crystal clear. Grealish is a bit more open for interpretation but the defender were nowhere near the ball then either. This is just what happens when VAR is prepared to look away a couple of times to protect the ref but the ref in question is completely out of his depth so the situations just end up stacking up. You then end up stopping the game to save some face but end up looking silly either way

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
His hand was there, sure, but impossible to say how much of a push it was.
Yeah, as I said, I wouldn't haven't been fussed if it hadn't been given. Haaland's was much more obvious. Still can't understand how Pawson is still a PL referee.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is that definitely the rule? I probably misremembering, but hasn't there been a game where the teams were brought back after the final whistle after a VAR check?
Yeah, us against Brighton oddly enough. I'm not really sure on the rules around it tbh, much like the officials.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
The slight push had nothing to do with Silva moving his leg towards the defender's leg.
Given the actual rule, that's fair game (not that I'm condoning it). Any attacking player in the box would search for contact, the push just added to the fuel. Pawson previously messed up with Haaland's so my guess is that he compensated for that.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I can kinda understand the penalty, but it is a 50/50. Something to be said for that push + defender sticking his leg out. The first one was a penalty but not given.

What I don’t understand is the constant moaning on VAR. Yes, they must do better. But people seem to have short term memories, saying they want to get rid of it. Just insane to me to even suggest getting rid of it.

Anyway, constantly talking about the ref/VAR etc. is tiring. Every club and fan think they are the ones getting the short end of the stick, world against them blablabla.

City’s right side doesn’t seem as threatening as the left. Cancelo bring a lot in attack on the left. Grealish is a downgrade from Foden.

Fully Fledged

And you got a penalty after the game ended against Brighton a few seasons ago.
But not after the game restarted. There is the distinction that they have used for not going back to before a throwing or freekick before. Not that the ball had gone dead but that play had resumed after a stoppage.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Never a penalty in the Brighton game. Ref has fallen for one there. Silva flings his leg out to the left to make contact, and gets it. Unnatural movement designed to initiate contact, and it worked. Really naive refereeing though.

Much more important in that game, is what the feck is Guardiola wearing? He looks like he’s stolen the clothes of one of his youth academy players. FFS man, you’re 51. :lol: