Premier League Gameweek 11 (Nov 4th - Nov 5th 2017)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Liverpool are going to finish top 4 or thereabouts at the end of the season. Their defense will improve and Mane and Coutinho will be back soon. No way are they finishing 10th.
You did say "or thereabouts", but who would you see them beating to top 4?
City? Us? Chelsea or Tottenham?

6th is probably their bottom end. No chance they come lower, as who would capitalise? Everton are a disaster, Arsenal will come 5th/6th, and I can't see a Watford or someone similar sustaining anything.

Sandyman

You did say "or thereabouts", but who would you see them beating to top 4?
City? Us? Chelsea or Tottenham?

6th is probably their bottom end. No chance they come lower, as who would capitalise? Everton are a disaster, Arsenal will come 5th/6th, and I can't see a Watford or someone similar sustaining anything.
I was thinking Chelsea and Arsenal. Am probably tempting fate before our game with them tomorrow, but Chelsea seem to be doing their usual "We won the PL last season, we may as well not try this season" shit. And Arsenal are, well, Arsenal! It is more a matter of being cautious than being confident they will finish in the top 4 if that makes sense. Their forwards miss lot of chances and they let in goals from defensive mistakes. Sort one of those and I feel they have a shot at top 4.

Sandyman

Did you have to quote the entire post?
Did it take a long time to load or caused problems while loading the page? I thought twice about putting them all together, but it made sense to have all of them together!

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Don't try to find the logic in that comment, as sometimes there's no logic.
Maybe you just don't see it. Mahrez is often selfish, and while he did score a nice goal, there were opportunities to pass to teammates before it. It only counts only when one misses?

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
Most uninspiring Saturday of football on paper possible?
Saturdays are always annoying for football because 3pm kick offs are never shown. Tomorrow is a fantastic day of footy. I'm sky+ing the UFC tonight, watch that in the morning and maybe the boxing if i can, and then from 12pm onwards it's football. :drool:

Member 90887

Maybe you just don't see it. Mahrez is often selfish, and while he did score a nice goal, there were opportunities to pass to teammates before it. It only counts only when one misses?
I don't agree with that as he most often than not pass the ball to a teammate in situations where he could go solo. even though attackers should mostly be selfish in those situations. you could see that in this game.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Did it take a long time to load or caused problems while loading the page? I thought twice about putting them all together, but it made sense to have all of them together!
It wasn't your post that irked me, it was actually very well made and informative having them all together so thank you for that.

Quoting a long post just to add a single line comment is one of the worst bits of forum etiquette I see though.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The lesser teams of the PL this year are pretty wank. Contrast to a couple of years ago where Leicester won the league and West Ham, Southampton and Stoke were quality.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
The lesser teams of the PL this year are pretty wank. Contrast to a couple of years ago where Leicester won the league and West Ham, Southampton and Stoke were quality.
Quite amazing considering the amount of money they have available.

Recycling the same batch of wank managers doesn't help though.

Sandyman

It wasn't your post that irked me, it was actually very well made and informative having them all together so thank you for that.

Quoting a long post just to add a single line comment is one of the worst bits of forum etiquette I see though.
Cheers man! I know sometimes gifs can slow down a page considerably, so was just wondering if it's the same when too many tweets are embedded, especially when browsing on mobile.

Hansa

And yet, some people call this the greatest league in the world (while simultaneously bemoaning any Saturday without a top-six affair as "dull", "can't be arsed to watch", etc). Might not be the same people, but there seems to be a cognitive dissonance somewhere.

Djemba-Djemba

I feel like this is the 3rd or 4th time in the last few months where I've looked at the 3pm kick offs and thought they looked shite, and then they actually go on to be even worse than I thought.

Some very shit, very dull teams in this league.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
And yet, some people call this the greatest league in the world (while simultaneously bemoaning any Saturday without a top-six affair as "dull", "can't be arsed to watch", etc). Might not be the same people, but there seems to be a cognitive dissonance somewhere.
It is the greatest league in the world because this year there are four teams that very likely can win it (City, United, Spurs, Chelsea) and two that might (Arse, Liverpool). In no other league in the world do you have a top 6 as strong as this.

Germany? That shit is done and dusted before the season starts
France? Same
Spain? Oh geeeh, who will win it this year, RM or Barca?
Italy? Picked up lately, still Juve is dominant.

The PL is the best for entertainment out of any league, anyone claiming different is plain wrong or biased towards their own countries leagues.

Hansa

It is the greatest league in the world because this year there are four teams that very likely can win it (City, United, Spurs, Chelsea) and two that might (Arse, Liverpool). In no other league in the world do you have a top 6 as strong as this.
I'm not complaining personally, by the way, although one could always argue that including Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs here (a trio that in total are closing in on 100 years without a league title) is a bit of a stretch :)