Premier League Gameweek 11

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
Fair play to Chelsea. Will hold my hands up and say I had it wrong about them and Lampard.

Don’t rate the squad too highly on paper, but they’re easily the best coached big team outside of Liverpool and City, and clearly spirits are being kept very high. Should only improve with the age of the squad as well.

Still early of course and I imagine they will have downturns, but Lampard is doing a stellar job under the circumstances. Helped by the incompetence of us, Arsenal and United but still, definitely doing well.
Fully agree! I had them pegged to be having the same problems as all of Arsenal, yourselves and Utd. are having and occupying a similar league position.

It’s proof I guess, that players returning as managers can do a job, and at the highest level.

It is early days as you say, but I’m impressed more because it’s Chelsea, and no offence to Chelsea supporters, but that job did not have any appeal at all due to many factors, but Frank has so far got them working together and for the team, which is more than can be said for the terrible trio mentioned above.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Fully agree! I had them pegged to be having the same problems as all of Arsenal, yourselves and Utd. are having and occupying a similar league position.

It’s proof I guess, that players returning as managers can do a job, and at the highest level.

It is early days as you say, but I’m impressed more because it’s Chelsea, and no offence to Chelsea supporters, but that job did not have any appeal at all due to many factors, but Frank has so far got them working together and for the team, which is more than can be said for the terrible trio mentioned above.

They’re just way better coached than any of us are. You can see it whenever they play, the players are dedicated to the plan and are happy to play for Lampard. It makes a tremendous difference.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Yeah but lets be honest, nobody really expected anything from Villa today before the game started
I knew it wouldn’t be easy for them! Villa look decent. Liverpool were a bit rubbish yet again

ColvaleGoa

Ffs, Villa winning. Leave my house to go to the local shop and back, which takes no more than 5 minutes. Get back and of course, Liverpool have won it :rolleyes:

You Jinxed it ...It's all your fault..could you have not gone maybe 20 minutes later??

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Great goal. The football and playing out the back has been great at times today.

Aidan Azar

Supports
Chelsea
4 goals 5 assists in 12 games so far for Pulisic. Not too shabby.

Sara125

Are Croatian surnames with the ‘ic’ suffix not pronounced with the same ‘itch’ sound as the Serbian ones with the same suffix? Why do the commentators keep pronouncing Pulisic with an ‘ic’ sound at the end?

Edit: Okay so I’ve just gone on to his Wikipedia page and apparently he said in an interview that he accepts both the proper Croatian pronounciation and the Anglicised version

Last edited:

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
He changed his name.

Dante

Average bang
Are Croatian surnames with the ‘ic’ suffix not pronounced with the same ‘itch’ sound as the Serbian ones with the same suffix? Why do the commentators keep pronouncing Pulisic with an ‘ic’ sound at the end?
Pulisic himself has americanised it.

In the same way as we might say 'David' as an anglicisation of the original 'Dāwîḏ' from Hebrew.

He's probably americanised his first name 'Christian' from the Greek 'Χριστιανός' as well.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He said himself he uses and prefers "Pulisick" and not "Pulisitch". He knows it's wrong but there we go!

_00_deathscar

Supports
Liverpool
It's a really shitty/stupid tackle, one that Lovren would give away. It's a penalty IMO.

always_hoping

Were the VAR lads asleep? That took like a week to decide. Less of penalty than the one Martial didn't get today.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
With some of the pens VAR has been turning down all season I honestly cannot fecking believe that's been given.

Do they flip a coin, roll a dice? Like seriously, what is the decision making process.

Tostao_80

It didn't trip him though, he took another step, saw he had lost control and flopped to the deck.
It looked like he had lost some of his balance initially, which is why he didn't go down straight away. Soft pen regardless.