Premier League Gameweek 11

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
We were crap for most of the game. No creativity or penetration from the middle. Yes, determination and belief are great traits and such, but seriously, us winning is a miracle.
You’ve looked worse this season by some distance but keep grinding results. It’s very odd. I think the main ‘luck’ on Liverpool’s part is that City look shite this season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
genuine question. Why do they use that weird angle for offside decisions? The sideline ref isn’t hovering on a magic carpet is he? Shouldn’t the camera angle be ground level?
Because installing moving cameras pitchside is both not practical and too expensive
Exactly. You can't ever tell if it's offside or not accurately from that angle.
They can, that's why they do

CognitiveNeuro

Because installing moving cameras pitchside is both not practical and too expensive

They can, that's why they do
No you obviously can't. That's why there's so many images showing he's onside and some showing he's offside.

The most accurate would be directly in line with them.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Again, totally agree.

It’s the in-game posting I just don’t get.

You’re totally buzzing, you’ve just scored a winner in the 95th...what will you do? Crack open a beer, text a mate, phone a fellow Scouser?...nah, do you know what, I’ll pop onto United forum.
In fairness I think the football forum section on this site feels more like exactly that, it's the main reason I'm here as it's better and has a wide range of fans compared to any actual neutral dedicated forum.

The only times I genuinely feel I'm on a United forum is when I visit the United dedicated section which isn't too often.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
No you obviously can't. That's why there's so many images showing he's onside and some showing he's offside.
No, there isn't. There's images where the perspective makes him look onside and others where he looks offside.

Then there's VAR using a software to triangulate the positition in 3D, close to 100% accurate, which shows him to be offside

They would not be using this technology if they weren't sure of its accuracy

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Tune-in just in time to see Chelsea score - what a day this has been :rolleyes:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I really like reading this forum but decided against posting. I’m a Liverpool fan and didn’t see the other posts. This Liverpool team reminds me the old United. Was infuriating to watch. Sad our worst game of the season was at Old Trafford this year.
Yeah, I’m starting to see how the last couple of decades were for other people now :lol:

Also, my heart goes out to you over the draw at OT....

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If someone provides you an assist like that, unless you do something spectacular, when you score the only appropriate celebration is to run back to the assister and shine his shoes

mu4c_20le

I'm hearing they were lucky to get a draw?

As I said before, and I'm sure the Arsenal fans will agree, the problems lay much deeper than Xhaka.
Draw was a fair result, though most Arsenal fans will feel the goal they conceded was soft and should have held out for the win. Calum Chambers basically did a Lindelof, he let Jimenez climb over him to head it in.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Nicolas Pepe the 72 million sub.

Any week now he will start ripping the league up.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Fair play to Chelsea. Will hold my hands up and say I had it wrong about them and Lampard.

Don’t rate the squad too highly on paper, but they’re easily the best coached big team outside of Liverpool and City, and clearly spirits are being kept very high. Should only improve with the age of the squad as well.

Still early of course and I imagine they will have downturns, but Lampard is doing a stellar job under the circumstances. Helped by the incompetence of us, Arsenal and United but still, definitely doing well.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
Emery. Every sane Arsenal fan wants him out and has done for the last few months
I’m well in that camp. The guy couldn’t inspire Mr. Motivator himself! He’s had as much a chance as you can expect these days, and it appears he’s well out of his depth.

I’d be for the Arteta project meself..

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Ben Foster needs to feck right off.
This shit has happened before. Foster having his best game of the season against us.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
This shit has happened before. Foster having his best game of the season against us.
some keepers just have that knack. I remember losing to fulham and Mark Crossley having a fecking storming game. Another goal coming in this though i think for us