g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 13

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

The annoying thing about the points deduction is that I now have to start caring about the bottom clubs not picking up points again, just as we were starting to build a nice cushion. :(
Your boy Moysey has done you a favour then. Thought they'd struggle when losing without Bowen.

PoTMS

Kudus was a great signing for WHU. He's saved Moyes' bacon today with two important assists.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
I mean, we have tough fixtures before christmas and we are now playing catch up rather than being in a super comfortable position. I think we are better than the bottom 5ish teams but it might not be reflected in that way at the end of the season if the -10 points sticks.
Honestly don't think the 10pts penalty would matter much. So much is made of the relegation battle but come March it won't be the case. Far worse team in the PL this year even with the 10 pts handicap.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think there is a genuine chance Burnley finish bottom with Kompany.

mu4c_20le

It is mental that same manager who had them both decided to sign Antony over him.
To be fair it looks like he only exploded after Ten Hag left, perhaps playing a mroe central role. Or perhaps ETH was dazzled by the spins.

ForFuchsSake

Bournemouth are starting to pick up points and are pulling away from the bottom 4.
They’re doing better albeit against opposition including Sheffield United, who are woeful.

Even with your points deduction, I suspect you’ll finish above the promoted teams with relative ease and then probably Bournemouth. Particularly if you maintain your level of performances so far this season.

the_cliff

I mean, we have tough fixtures before christmas and we are now playing catch up rather than being in a super comfortable position. I think we are better than the bottom 5ish teams but it might not be reflected in that way at the end of the season if the -10 points sticks.
I think if you see it as you needing to win 6 more points than Luton/Sheffield between now and the end of the season (26 games) it should leave you with more optimism.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Chelsea should ask to take their points penalty this year. Not getting anywhere close to Europe at this rate.

PoTMS

Neco Williams is one shite scouser. Absolute waste of everyone's time bringing him on.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I see that Chelsea side I keep being told are better than us got smashed again

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
What’s so good about him though. Never fit and always looks like carrying weight when he. Awful and reliable and he’s supposed to be your captain.
He can actually defend. You know that bloke who spent the entire game tearing Trent apart? Well Reece James shut him down last week. Guy gets a questionable second yellow so apparently he's not that good anymore.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think if you see it as you needing to win 6 more points than Luton/Sheffield between now and the end of the season (26 games) it should leave you with more optimism.
That is true, I think I will be more confident if by christmas we are out of the bottom 3.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Bad from Forest. Time for Marinakis to add another club to the roster.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Toon are certainly a force at home. Still decided to roll over for Liverpool late on though.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Arsenal should be up for this game knowing they go top with a win.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Arsenal should be up for this game knowing they go top with a win.
Fancy them to piss it - Brentford are a poor side this season, think it shows up how weak the bottom half is that the'll probably not be in any relegation danger

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Fancy them to piss it - Brentford are a poor side this season, think it shows up how weak the bottom half is that the'll probably not be in any relegation danger
Disagree, Brentford have picked up nicely after a slow start to the season. They also have a ridiculously good record v other London teams since they've come up.

Beaten them all and got a draw at Emirates last season with that disputed goal. Think it will be a game Arsenal will edge 1-0 or 2-1 perhaps.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Disagree, Brentford have picked up nicely after a slow start to the season. They also have a ridiculously good record v other London teams since they've come up.

Beaten them all and got a draw at Emirates last season with that disputed goal. Think it will be a game Arsenal will edge 1-0 or 2-1 perhaps.
What does Brentford being pretty good last season have to do with anything? They've been great since they came up - I don't rate them this year that's all.