Premier League Gameweek 14

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
It is used if the player on the side the ball ends up is encroaching.

The defender cleared the ball.

It was right. It just should be implemented in every match and not selectively.
There is nothing in the laws about encroaching on a specific side. Encroaching is encroaching.

If both teams encroach and the shot is missed then it is retaken. Nothing to do with what side of the box they encroached on.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It would be less irritating with greater consistency, agreed. If it was my decision I’d scrap the whole thing but it’s too late now.
Too late indeed but I don't think that hoping for consistency is asking for too much. Check every encroachment, check every keeper coming off their lines. I hate it how the rules are bent from one ref to another

cyberman

His feet are clearly outside the box :houllier:
Who says its just his feet thats needed?
Hes clearly encroaching, i dont see what the problem is.
Wait.. Is this the new offside thing now?
Just dont encroach ffs, the line doesnt move

Djemba-Djemba

Too late indeed but I don't think that hoping for consistency is asking for too much. Check every encroachment, check every keeper coming off their lines. I hate it how the rules are bent from one ref to another
That's exactly how it should be done. Every encroachment is checked for each penalty.

It's ridiculous some refs just don't seem to bother. We definitely missed a penalty this season with the keeper miles off his line.

Maybe Wolves away?

prateik

There is nothing in the laws about encroaching on a specific side. Encroaching is encroaching.

If both teams encroach and the shot is missed then it is retaken. Nothing to do with what side of the box they encroached on.
The commentator said that..
Maybe its the directive the premier league referees/VAR has...

or maybe the commentator was talking rubbish.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yeah that's the trouble. The technology is fine, but ultimately it's still being judged by human beings, and human beings make many mistakes. So you're still getting the same inconsistency as we've always had.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Who says its just his feet thats needed?
Hes clearly encroaching, i dont see what the problem is.
Wait.. Is this the new offside thing now?
Just dont encroach ffs, the line doesnt move
I honestly don’t know, do you? Is it just feet or any part of the body?
so you either have to stand straight not to accidentally lean in the box or start 2 yards from the line?
I just don’t like it, the arsenal player Sinaloa encroaching and needs to be followed.
The players on the near side I don’t think should be called as encroaching that’s all

fps

Very poor tackle, could justifiably have been red.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The commentator said that..
Maybe its the directive the premier league referees/VAR has...

or maybe the commentator was talking rubbish.
The PL has a tendency of making up rules as they see fit and commentators have a tendency to talk complete shite so it could be either. It is nowhere in the FIFA laws though.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
He’ll be booked for kicking the flag, which given the state of the celebration is fair enough.

prateik

Arsenal have done fine considering they are playing with 10..
Willock is listed on the team sheet but I dont think he is on the pitch.

edit: they were probably down to 9 at that time. Guendouzi was off the pitch injured.