Premier League Gameweek 15

ICB

Supports
Arsenal
I think us replacing Klopp is slightly different to United and Arsenal’s situations. Klopp’s only been our manager for 6 years. SAF and Wenger were around for two decades (more in SAF’s case).
I disagree because although the timescale is no where near as much, Klopp is a special manager. He’s had a monstrous effect at Liverpool, regardless of the fact it has been 6 years instead of 20.

He took Liverpool from a long rest in the graveyard to back to being consistently (which is the key here) one of the best clubs in the world.

Like an SAF and even a albeit burnt out and done Wenger, you just cannot replace that. And if you can, it takes a while. We can attest to that :lol:

Teja

It is ridiculous how good they are on the ball :lol:

They're almost like a min maxed video game character. All attribute points to technique, intelligence drop everything else to 0.

Deery

Dreary
Grealish looks like a fish outa water in this City side, they are all so crisp and clean in their play whereas he just bumbles about.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Feck sake, another week of gowls saying Bernardo Silva is the best player in the league/best Portuguese player in history.
He is literally the best portuguese player right now, zero doubs about it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
87 % possession from City :lol:
Robotic team carefully executing Pep's coding instructions. No bad controls, never a misplaced pass, everything is precise and accurate to the millimeter.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I find it so dull. It's extremely effective, but 25 passes before they even attempt to penetrate the backline is not interesting to me.

Teja

It's crazy. They have made almost 4 times as many passes as Watford.
Yeah .. I guess Watford are to blame for that one. They tried to press briefly, were sliced apart and now they've just given up.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Robotic team carefully executing Pep's coding instructions. No bad controls, never a misplaced pass, everything is precise and accurate to the millimeter.
Good luck to any team trying to challange them for the title.. tbh my opinion is its nailed on for City but lets wait and see as people say.. Liverpool's attack has a higher ceiling than City's but their squad dept is not that great and will cost them in some games.. Tuchel is working hard to turn Chelsea into the same kind of robotic machine of a team like City but for now is lacking some flair..

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
I find it so dull. It's extremely effective, but 25 passes before they even attempt to penetrate the backline is not interesting to me.
I'm not watching, but, as a neutral, this type of football is always boring to watch, but I'd absolutely love it if we played this way.

edcunited1878

That's how they control the game. And they can up the tempo and put in incisive passes anytime they want because they have the players for an eye for pass (and movement) but most importantly they can execute said pass.

ivaldo

That's how they control the game. And they can up the tempo and put in incisive passes anytime they want because they have the players for an eye for pass (and movement) but most importantly they can execute said pass.
As I said, it's extremely effective, but that doesn't make it any less dull.

Teja

It's also 2-0 and your opponents barely want to come out of their defensive shape and put pressure on the ball. Sure you could go for the jugular and get a 5 / 6-0 scoreline but is it worth it?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Looks like after 10 attempts City are finally going to get our first ever win vs Claudio Ranieri after 8 losses and a draw. We've got your number now tinkerman (hopefully, please don't come back)

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The City and Liverpool midfield and fullbacks are in another league to ours on the ball.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Whats the alternative, try a pass thats not on. Wait till Watford decide to stop playing a back 9. I've said it before but City can only play the opposition. When games turn farcical its on the team who are losing and show zero intent. For Watford its a choice of whether to press to try and get something back and potentially lose 8-0 or sit in and make City wait for chances. Games like this are always dictated by the opposition and not City. City aren't going to hoof the ball into the box when nothing is one to make the game more exciting. The comparisons in Watford and the heart Villa showed during the week dictate the games

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Whats the alternative, try a pass thats not on. Wait till Watford decide to stop playing a back 9. I've said it before but City can only play the opposition. When games turn farcical its on the team who are losing and show zero intent. For Watford its a choice of whether to press to try and get something back and potentially lose 8-0 or sit in and make City wait for chances. Games like this are always dictated by the opposition and not City. City aren't going to hoof the ball into the box when nothing is one to make the game more exciting. The comparisons in Watford and the heart Villa showed during the week dictate the games
Look at Villa last game.

Deery

Dreary
Gundogan is such a classy player rarely makes a bad pass..

ivaldo

It's weird that teams like Liverpool don't need to do this. Nor did we in our pomp, or Madrid, or Bayern. You can pretend it's all on Watford if you like.

Look if you find this sort of football entertaining then good for you. I don't. I find it a bore.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
If Bernardo manages to stay in top form throughout the season, everyone else will find it very difficult to match City's level.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It's weird that teams like Liverpool don't need to do this. Nor did we in our pomp, or Madrid, or Bayern. You can pretend it's all on Watford if you like.

Look if you find this sort of football entertaining then good for you. I don't. I find it a bore.
Of course its on them, City are the top goal scorers like 5 seasons in a row, scoring over 150 goals in all comps every season bar last. Also teams didn't park the bus to the same level 10-15 years ago nor have near the defensive tactical nous.
But yeah for sure we should score less and hoof the ball in the box to make games more competitive to appease the masses.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Matip has been better. VVD changing them this season is a lazy cliche.
No Matip hasn’t. VVD granted didn’t have the best of games although we sometimes pick out the littlest of mistakes with great players. Overall has been the best defender on the team as expected.