Premier League Gameweek 17+18

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
They were going down no matter who they got. Their team is complete trash.
I said this is another thread but I don’t think that is the case.

Hodgson had this team (basically)…

Guiata, Ward, Kouyate, Dann, Van Aanholt, Townsend, McArthur, McCarthy, Schlupp, Ayew, Zaha

…pretty much comfortable in the league without too much threat of relegation.

This Newcastle team has enough about them to be compact and get goals from ASM/Wilson. Not to mention who they could bring in in January.

They were terrible at defending, and decided to bring in a manager who shipped goals for fun in his prior time in the league.

They should have brought Roy in until the summer and got him the players to keep them safe.

mav_9me

VAR in England is implemented to protect the referees on-pitch decision, not to secure the right decision.

The process when looking at footage from the start is "it there a way to justify the decision that has been made? " rather than the way it should be; "is this a foul?"

In it's current incarnation it is doomed
Spot on.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Thiago has tested positive for Covid and Henderson is ill (test came back negative). Jones, Van Dijk and Fabinho out due to testing positive for Covid on Thursday. I guess it’ll be Milner, Keita and Chamberlain in midfield.

Kaos

Feel dirty but want City to keep scoring. Would rather they win the league ahead of Liverpool since no one cares about City winning anything, and I'd love Saudi FC to go down.

Hoof the ball

For feck sake!!!!

Took Cancelo Culture out my fantasy team last week due to suspension and forgot to put him back in. Mortified to see he has a goal and an assist.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
When will City lose again?
They won't lose much again midtable EPL teams, they are great at smashing small low blocks with poor quality attacking.

They might struggle against sides who are more offensive and have some quality players in attack, which has been happening in the UCL for a while.

Anyways, smashing teams you are supposed to smash it's a virtue...if you don't you don't win the league.

RedDevilMachine

Chelsea has been really uninspiring since their game with us. If they aren't careful, they might slip out of top 4. I am not expecting much from Spurs, they have lost their last 7 games to Liverpool. Although having Son for them is a boost, thought he was ruled out cause of covid.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Thiago has tested positive for Covid and Henderson is ill (test came back negative). Jones, Van Dijk and Fabinho out due to testing positive for Covid on Thursday. I guess it’ll be Milner, Keita and Chamberlain in midfield.
And Spurs squad typically look fresh and fit after weeks of not playing and all look to have recovered from Covid just as were beginning to get struck with it..

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That was bad, but this was worse. The keeper just stands there when he can easily come out and catch the ball.

The game would have to stop for him to do that. He didn't look at the monitor to watch it again. The people checking it decided it was fine for some reason.
He couldn't tell them he was sure of it without the game stopping ?

Drizzle

Urgh, Citeh are going to walk the league.
They aren't. Unfortunately Liverpool are going to match them all the way and I reckon it's 50/50 who wins it. Depends on squad availability ultimately I think (eg will Salah remain fit).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The premier league is as interesting as the bundesliga and Ligue 1 now. Same team winning all the time
Not really. There's 2 teams better than the rest but not the same as the Bundesliga at all.