Premier League Gameweek 17-19

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This will be 6 from the last 24 points for Chelsea if it stays like this. Shocking!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Surely they need top 4? 2 of the next four games after this is against Liverpool and City then City again in the cup. Meanwhile Fulham away is in there somewhere which they aren’t favourites to win and Palace. It’s getting worse for Potter as I type that out
Who else will they sign right now that is guaranteed better? I just can't see it.

Think Boehly will look stupid sacking another manager so quickly. Potter needs to grow into the role IMO

Wilt

Meh, don't think Tuchel would bother and this Poch return is pure fantasy to me. That story is over.
Zero chance Potter to Spurs …failing with Chelsea squad being far superior to Spurs

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wonder if with Chelsea being shit, we can get Licha to talk to Enzo and tell him to wait til the summer and then join United... Joining Chelsea right now seems questionable. Their transfer business is atrocious, and their squad just looks so mediocre. Reece James and Kovačić are their only 2 top players. The rest are so average. Spurs at least have a good team, Chelsea is riddled with mediocrity these days.

Mike Smalling

Azpilicueta has apparently had 9 different managers in his stint with Chelsea. What a stat.

Threesus

Wonder if with Chelsea being shit, we can get Licha to talk to Enzo and tell him to wait til the summer and then join United... Joining Chelsea right now seems questionable. Their transfer business is atrocious, and their squad just looks so mediocre. Reece James and Kovačić are their only 2 top players. The rest are so average. Spurs at least have a good team, Chelsea is riddled with mediocrity these days.
The future is difficult to predict imo. It depends on our new owners. And Chelsea might win the CL this season for all we know.

I still fell like we should look at talents in Ligue 1 like Kone, caqueret etc

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Lovely stuff, a good weekend for the reds :drool:

Idxomer

Same as the game against Bournemouth, Chelsea played reasonably well in the first half and couldn't keep it up after that.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What pleases about United is this is the sort of weekend we would have slipped up in the past, when we have chance to move up the table we would mess up ourselves. Now we take care of business.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The future is difficult to predict imo. It depends on our new owners. And Chelsea might win the CL this season for all we know.

I still fell like we should look at talents in Ligue 1 like Kone, caqueret etc
Sure, but surely a guy like Enzo who will be wanted by every club out there (provided they can afford him) can just wait and pick where he prefers? Going to Chelsea because they're the first to just bid for him is just rushing it IMO, especially given their squad make up right now and currently looking like they're fighting for 5th-7th (and not having a manager who can compete with Pep, Klopp, Ten Hag or Arteta).

Would be a big coup for them of course, but wouldn't understand his reasoning unless others just won't stump up the cash.

cyberman

Who else will they sign right now that is guaranteed better? I just can't see it.

Think Boehly will look stupid sacking another manager so quickly. Potter needs to grow into the role IMO
I don’t think they need a guarantee, just someone who isn’t Potter might do.
Poch is still around. I think if word gets out that Spurs are looking for a new manager they might get out there first.
Because right now they have no chance of top 4.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
28% possession for Nottingham but 12 shots on goal compared to 7 for chelsea.

Blackwidow

how do you have almost 75% possesion and get outshot by almost double?
Because it is very difficult in tighter space and if you shoot a lot out of bad positions you can lose the ball more often...
That is somehow played risk adverse, too.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
This has turned out to be a great weekend of football.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Sure, but surely a guy like Enzo who will be wanted by every club out there (provided they can afford him) can just wait and pick where he prefers? Going to Chelsea because they're the first to just bid for him is just rushing it IMO, especially given their squad make up right now and currently looking like they're fighting for 5th-7th (and not having a manager who can compete with Pep, Klopp, Ten Hag or Arteta).

Would be a big coup for them of course, but wouldn't understand his reasoning unless others just won't stump up the cash.
I mean, you guys of all supporters should know what a difference even one top signing can make.

Without Casemiro you'd be right beside us, and that's without factoring the literal 3 point swing his goal caused.